Should Argentina be given back to its original owners?

There are significant differences in English between a country’s natives; native-born in a country; and native to a country.

These are Argentinian natives.

This is a native-born Argentinian, which shows that there’s nothing wrong with being native-born. :smiley:

This is native to Argentina.

All right thanks for clarifing RS.

You are quite right to point out the flaws in all of my posts wrt your nationality/nativeness. As all my flaws are the same flaws in Argentinas claim on the Falklands.

1000yds, just a question there was natives in the islands before the europeans arrive ?

The Spanish are the first to record the Islands on maps (dating from the 1500s), the British are arguabley the first to land and name them in 1690.

The French weret eh first to occupy the Islands in 1774, wit the British occuping a settlement in 1775 (in ignorance of the Frenceh settlements).

Argentina, as a country didn’t exist until many years later.

There is evidence to suggest that they were settled earlier than the 1600s. Arrow heads, a canoe and some shelters have been found, not dated and not known to who made them.

The relics manufacturesr could have come by sea or by a land bridge, many years ago, from what is now Argentina.

So to summarise, the original settlers of the islands were European not an indigeonous race. As we can not accurately determine the owners of the arrowheads etc.

The French (I would say) were the original owners, haveing settled on the Islands first.

PS. Although I am not that fussed where this thread resides, anychance in leaving it in one forum or the other?

cheers.

So to summarise, the original settlers of the islands were European not an indigeonous race. As we can not accurately determine the owners of the arrowheads etc.

Thanks, so…is not the same landscape as Argentina after all.:rolleyes:

PS. Although I am not that fussed where this thread resides, anychance in leaving it in one forum or the other?

If you want your topic in the F/M section you should not supose to talk about south american native born/aborigine/ indians etc in Argentina.

Panzerknacker, your last post makes zero sense.

The earliest settlers on the Falklands are European, specifically French. I would say that that would make them the natives.

Nothing like Argentina, (what that picture of corn cutting is about is beyond me) where the natives, ie the original settlers that we can determine, are not Europeans like your good self, but tribes of indians as per the original post and rising suns pictures.

What are you talking about landscapes, care to explain?

[quote=“panzerknacker”]

If you want your topic in the F/M section you should not supose to talk about south american native born/aborigine/ indians etc in Argentina.[/quote]

I appreciate that you may not have understood the point of the thread from the first thread, I have pointed that out. However, this thread has moved from the Falklands Forum, to the off topic forum, BACK to the Falklands Forum and then back to the off topic forum.

If your above reply is meant to be retort or something, don’t bother. I will write topics as I see fit.

I have already apologised for making the first topic vague as to what I was getting at, although it appears several other native English speakers didn’t miss the point. I have already pointed out that I don’t mind where the topic rests, as long as it rests there and doesn’t fly around the forums like an Argentine commuter whose train has been late one time too many!!!

PS That didn’t affect yourself did it? Seemed to get nasty.

more here…
http://news.uk.msn.com/Article.aspx?cp-documentid=4945492

Me too.

But it’s a very nice picture of sweeping plains with amber grains (which look more like wheat or barley than corn) and some modern farm machinery hard at work.

Maybe Panzerknacker’s point is that, following the loss of the Belgrano, Argentina has acquired a harvester and a tractor, of which it is immensely proud, to symbolise turning its swords into ploughsares? :smiley:

Although perhaps it hasn’t had any more success in that direction than it did in the Falklands. :smiley:

Possibly RS.

Or maybe they now make half baked bread, instead of half baked plans of world (well the Falklands) domination.

:smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Hence the phrase:

It’s a small world. :smiley:

Really ?
That’s not how I understand the rules:

http://www.ww2incolor.com/forum/showthread.php?t=3193

In fact the last rule is particularly interesting.
Does it only apply to mere mortals ?

Good question Cuts.

Obviously I posted this thread in the forum I thought fit.

No Falklands/Malvinas related material will be discussed outside of the user group

Yeap, but check at the title…it have carry the word Flalands/malvinas in there…no. However I am aware that we ( me included ) derail the topic to the 1982 war issues, so I agree with moving it.

(what that picture of corn cutting is about is beyond me)

I just want to show off that the terrain in wich the “natives” use to live

Maybe Panzerknacker’s point is that, following the loss of the Belgrano, Argentina has acquired a harvester and a tractor, of which it is immensely proud, to symbolise turning its swords into ploughsares? :smiley:

Although perhaps it hasn’t had any more success in that direction than it did in the Falklands

The australian humour is definately beyond my understanding.

For petes sake, I am getting travel sick from all this flying around that this thread is doing.

Unless we get air miles, I’ll prescribe Lamotrogine 100mg BD. That ought to keep it still.

Perhaps it’s a try-out for a new, and very apposite, song, entitled “Don’t fly for me, Argentina”? :smiley:

[i]
"Don’t fly for me Argentina

Don’t fly for me Argentina
The truth is I never left you
All through my wild days
My mad existence
I kept my promise
Don’t keep your distance

Have I said too much?
There’s nothing more I can think of to say to you
But all you have to do is look at me
To know that every word is true

Don’t fly for me Argentina"[/i]

With apologies to Andrew Llloyd Webber.

You’re not alone.

It doesn’t travel well.

Americans have the worst trouble. They are such nice and earnest people that they think we are being serious when we are just being our normal selves, and the nicer, more serious, and more confused they get the worse we get. We are a shameful people. :smiley:

Here’s our government’s attempt to explain us to the outside world.
http://www.cultureandrecreation.gov.au/articles/humour/

And this.

[i]The questions below, about Australia, are from potential visitors. They were posted on an Australian Tourism Website and the answers are the actual responses by the website officials, who obviously have a sense of humour.

Q: Does it ever get windy in Australia? I have never seen it rain on TV, how do the plants grow? (UK).
A: We import all plants fully grown and then just sit around watching them die.

Q: Will I be able to see kangaroos in the street? (USA)
A: Depends how much you’ve been drinking.

Q: I want to walk from Perth to Sydney - can I follow the railroad tracks? (Sweden)
A: Sure, it’s only three thousand miles across the desert, take lots of water.

Q: Is it safe to run around in the bushes in Australia? (Sweden)
A: So it’s true what they say about Swedes!

Q: Are there any ATMs (cash machines) in Australia? Can you send me a list of them in Brisbane, Cairns, Townsville and Hervey Bay? (UK)
A: What did your last slave die of?

Q: Can you give me some information about hippo racing in Australia? (USA)
A: A-fri-ca is the big triangle shaped continent south of Europe. Aus-tra-lia is that big island in the middle of the Pacific which does not… oh forget it. Sure, the hippo racing is every tuesday night in Sydney’s Kings Cross. Come naked.

Q: Which direction is North in Australia? (USA)
A: Face south and then turn 180 degrees. Contact us when you get here and we’ll send the rest of the directions.

Q: Can I bring cutlery into Australia? (UK)
A: Why? Just use your fingers like we do.

Q: Can you send me the Vienna Boys’ Choir schedule? (USA)
A: Aus-tri-a is that quaint little country bordering Ger-man-y, which is…oh forget it. Sure, the Vienna Boys Choir plays every Tuesday night in Sydney’s Kings Cross, straight after the hippo races. Come naked.

Q: Can I wear high heels in Australia? ( UK)
A: You are a British politician, right?

Q: Are there supermarkets in Sydney and is milk available all year round? (Germany)
A: No, we are a peaceful civilization of vegan hunter/gatherers. Milk is illegal.

Q: Please send a list of all doctors in Australia who can dispense rattlesnake serum. (USA)
A: Rattlesnakes live in A-meri-ca which is where YOU come from. All Australian snakes are perfectly harmless, can be safely handled and make good pets.

Q: I have a question about a famous animal in Australia, but I forget its name. It’s a kind of bear and lives in trees. (USA)
A: It’s called a Drop Bear and is a highly dangerous type of mutant koala. They are so called because they drop out of gum trees and eat the brains of anyone walking underneath them. You can scare them off by spraying yourself with human urine before you go out walking.

Q: Do you have perfume in Australia? (France)
A: No, that is because WE don’t stink.

Q: I have developed a new product that is the fountain of youth. Can you tell me where I can sell it in Australia? (USA)
A: Anywhere significant numbers of Americans gather.

Q: Can you tell me the regions in Tasmania where the female population is smaller than the male population? (Italy)
A: Yes, gay nightclubs.

Q: Do you celebrate Christmas in Australia? (France)
A: Yes, but only at Christmas.

Q: I was in Australia in 1969 on R+R, and I want to contact the girl I dated while I was staying in Sydney’s Kings Cross. Can you help? (USA)
A: Yes, but you will still have to pay her by the hour.

Q: Will I be able to speak English most places I go? (USA)
A: Yes, but you’ll have to learn it first.

Q: Is everything really upside down in ‘Oarstralia’?
A: yes, but when you are there you tend not to notice it.
[/i]

http://www.ancientworlds.net/aw/Journals/Journal/528545&caldate=2005-04-06%2016:00:00

[i]

Q: Will I be able to speak English most places I go? (USA)
A: Yes, but you’ll have to learn it first.

[/i]
That was a good one :rolleyes:

I keep wondering, who from Argentina would actually want to go and live in the Falklands? I mean when I left Scotland to go there it took about 2 days to get there and when I was coming in to land at Mount Pleasant I thought the plane had done a U turn somewhere and I was landing back in Scotland.

I’m not sure anyone with a Latin temperament would want to live in one of the bleakest places in S America.

Oh…there is places in Argentina wich are by far more wild than Malvinas, the province of Santa Cruz for example is a large cool desert, the only thing there oil, lambs and sheep.

http://www.argentour.com/es/mapa/archivosmapas/santacruzg.jpg

Now we’re talking.

In New Zealand, where men are men and the sheep are scared, it’s legal.

But terrorist sheep, as in the Falklands, are dealt with harshly.

Now we’re talking.
In New Zealand, where men are men and the sheep are scared, it’s legal.

:shock: That is too much.

By the way, I must do some amendment about my last post, there is also some nice landscapes in Sta Cruz, specially in the Andes all the way the border with Chile.

I’m not sure anyone with a Latin temperament would want to live in one of the bleakest places in S America.

Everything depends on what you mean with “latin”.