Site access.

Everything seems fine for me, all the buttons go where they should, do what they’re s’posed to. I mentioned the info about the FTP to my son , who is in Network stuff, and security, and he said more stuff I don’t understand.
" So they had open services that they were not using. That’s akin to leaving your door unlocked.

Rule of thumb: stop all services you are not specifically using. Ensure only the ports/services you are using to do business are available, and block all else." Don’t know if any of that is helpful, but its what he said.

I still use FTP…it wasn’t just there open. It was password protected. Somebody gained access somehow.

It’s weird how much this site gets spammed and comes under attack. We really don’t have that much traffic nor posters, so it’s a mystery to me why some try so hard to post adverts and try to hack. Why even bother?

Just like a mountain, because we’re there. I’m betting that there is a forum for such leeches, and they must tip each other off as to what sites are able to be hacked, and spammed. Its not that difficult to discover information about the set up a site uses, and then look up what exploitations may be employed to make intrusions. Its all out there somewhere, and a bored 12 yr old underachiever will find it.

It’s all about spamming. Think about it…if you post in 1 forum with 0.1% response to your ad (ie. 1 in 1000), then you have to post in a “few” more forums to get sales. If you can spam 10000 forums and get 10 sales…it might be worth it considering it’s all automatic. It’s a numbers game.

The sad truth it is, it seems to be the new cottage industry.