Snipers

My thought is that it looks like a No. 4 (T) with No. 32 scope but without a mag or tgt swivel.
And an odd sling.

But then I’m no ex-spurt.

:idea: For anyone out there with pictures of snipers wether they are modern or old still send them in :idea: 8)

Got a chance to fire one of these little beauties a couple of years ago.

Quite heavy but when you want to reach out and touch somebody, and make sure they feel it, this is the weapon of choice.

Quite heavily used by the USMC I believe.

I also found this…

Listed as the M82A2 it is a 50cal on the bullpup principle although I don’t reckon it would be easy to fire in the prone position.

It is said to carry 11+1 rounds and from the look of it is semi-automatic. Look at the size of the case in mid air.

Is it me or does the man shooting that monstrosity look suspiciously like Steve Austin, Th Six Million Dollar Man? :lol:

Only the Bionic man can fire that thing standing up!

It looks not very affordable for a shoulder shoot. 8)

The felt recoil of the Barrett is not as fearsome as first imagined, it is a very heavy weapon, has an effective muzzlebrake and is, in it’s military guises at least, semi-auto.

If for some reason you really you want something more punishing (:shock:) go for a McMillan, EDM, Steyr HS50 or Vulcan.
I’ve not tried all of these, but am reliaby informed that they are eminently shootable depending on your masochistic tendencies.
For recreational shooting my money would go on something heavy.

Unless you’ve got arms like Arnie in his heyday, the bullpupped Barretts are the only models you can shoot offhand.

Whats the recoil exactley like? There is going to be a poll put in aswell. Please vote!

alright i cant do an official one but well just say what you want to vote for out of the following 2.

1: Bolt Action Rifles.

2: Automatic/semi rifles.

I’m going with bolt action. There are less parts to go wrong so it is less likely to fail. Also as was mentioned before the ejection of shells can give you position as a sniper away. Bolt action also proves to be more accurate.

Hope you don’t mind, but I added the poll for you. :slight_smile:

Real snipers only need one shot. One shot- one kill. That’s why bolts have been used successfully with optics for so long.

Thanks mate much appreciated! :smiley: :smiley:

Well it seems that evryone thats voted has gone for the bolt which is excellant!! Heres a thing anyone can try. Try and find out how to get in the American AND Australia armies for sniping if you get my drift.

::::: If you have any pictures please add them…[/quote]

[/quote]

When I become of age, I plan to enroll at US Army Sniper School at Fort Benning :slight_smile:

Can you b a Sniper in the US when you come of age? Dont you have to join the Army first?

I would have envisaged that the Sniper school only took experienced serving soldiers? I could be wrong though.

No, you are correct. You have to be in the Army, probably enlisted. Some requirements are as follows -

Must be 11B, 11M, 19D, or CMF 18.

PFC-SFC (Grade waiverable).

Active duty, or Reserve, or National Guard, must have a good performance record with no history of alcohol, or drug abuse, must be a volunteer and be recommended by his commander.

Must be in excellent physical condition (70 percent or better in each event of the APFT).

Must have a corrected vision of 20/20.

Must not have a record of disciplinary action.

Must be knowledgeable of skill level 2 tasks.

Must have a GT score of 100.

Must have qualified expert with the M16A2/M4 Carbine rifle within six months of course attendance.

Normal color vision must be annotated on SF 88, tested within six months of course attendance.

Must have a minimum of one (1) year retainability.

Must pass psychological evaluation (MMPI/CPI) conducted under the direction of a qualified psychologist.

Unfortunately, If I were to attend Sniper School, I would have to undergo Laser Eye Surgery. :shock:

Why? It says corrected vision of 20/20.

I am curious about the no history of drug abuse, surely, you cant be in the Army and use drugs? Or is this before you join the Army?

By the regulations, using them is fine, as long as you don’t abuse them.

With the Australian Army you have to be chosen to do a sniper course