Stalin

Not easy. The fight was continued some years.
First, with Buharin, Kamenev, Zinoviev, Kirov and Tuhachevskiy Stalin sisabled the Trotskiy - first candidate to might.
After that, he begin step by step get might in his hand, WITHOUT any repressions, all repressions of that time - is crime of others leaders. And only to in 1927 Stalin begin open oppose to the old communist. But he do it very soft, beware that the others can unite and drop Stalin from his high…

Ok you know better ,Lenin’s warning all power men’s in Russia becouse he know’s how men is Stalin but enyone lisening him.

Yes. Lenin really left such letter after his death (by some sources it was falcificated two years by Nadejda Krupskaya, Lenin’s wife ) But in that time no one can expect REALLY Stalins abilities…

Yes Stalin’s started war for political positions some years later .

If you mean against Germany, you’re wrong - other, later wars I don’t know. I’m not aware of any war between 1945 and 1953 (feel free to correct me though).

The USSR did, however, twice attack Finland in 1939 (“winter war”) and 1941 (“continuation war”).

I think he fight with political enemies ,I mean that war ,becouse meny people who been against Stalin’s died.

At the Party Conference in April, 1922, Vladimir Lenin suggested that a new post of General Secretary should be created. Lenin’s choice for the post was Stalin, who in the past had always loyally supported his policies. Stalin’s main opponents for the future leadership of the party failed to see the importance of this position and actually supported his nomination. They initially saw the post of General Secretary as being no more than “Lenin’s mouthpiece”.

Soon after Stalin’s appointment as General Secretary, Lenin went into hospital to have a bullet removed from his body that had been there since Kaplan’s assassination attempt. It was hoped that this operation would restore his health. This was not to be; soon afterwards, a blood vessel broke in Lenin’s brain. This left him paralyzed all down his right side and for a time he was unable to speak. As “Lenin’s mouthpiece”, Stalin had suddenly become extremely important.

While Vladimir Lenin was immobilized, Stalin made full use of his powers as General Secretary. At the Party Congress he had been granted permission to expel “unsatisfactory” party members. This enabled Stalin to remove thousands of supporters of Leon Trotsky, his main rival for the leadership of the party. As General Secretary, Stalin also had the power to appoint and sack people from important positions in the government. The new holders of these posts were fully aware that they owed their promotion to Stalin. They also knew that if their behaviour did not please Stalin they would be replaced.

Surrounded by his supporters, Stalin’s confidence began to grow. In October, 1922, he disagreed with Lenin over the issue of foreign trade. When the matter was discussed at Central Committee, Stalin’s rather Lenin’s policy was accepted. Lenin began to fear that Stalin was taking over the leadership of the party. Lenin wrote to Leon Trotsky asking for his support. Trotsky agreed and at the next meeting of the Central Committee the decision on foreign trade was reversed. Lenin, who was too ill to attend, wrote to Trotsky congratulating him on his success and suggesting that in future they should work together against Stalin.

Stalin, whose wife Nadya Alliluyeva worked in Lenin’s private office, soon discovered the contents of the letter sent to Leon Trotsky. Stalin was furious as he realized that if Lenin and Trotsky worked together against him, his political career would be at an end. In a fit of temper Stalin made an abusive phone-call to Lenin’s wife, Nadezhda Krupskaya, accusing her of endangering Lenin’s life by allowing him to write letters when he was so ill.

After Krupskaya told her husband of the phone-call, Vladimir Lenin made the decision that Stalin was not the man to replace him as the leader of the party. Lenin knew he was close to death so he dictated to his secretary a letter that he wanted to serve as his last “will and testament”. The document was comprised of his thoughts on the senior members of the party leadership.

Lenin became increasing concerned about Stalin’s character and wrote a testament in which he suggested that he be removed. “Comrade Stalin, having become General Secretary, has concentrated enormous power in his hands: and I am not sure that he always knows how to use that power with sufficient caution. I therefore propose to our comrades to consider a means of removing Stalin from this post and appointing someone else who differs from Stalin in one weighty respect: being more tolerant, more loyal, more polite, more considerate of his comrades.”

http://www.spartacus.schoolnet.co.uk/RUSstalin.htm

Very good link, but unfortunatly, a lack of date for many situations. Infinity problem of al soviet history :slight_smile:

Yes good link .

I have a question about Stalin…
Where is he burried?

Not deep enough, both metaphorically and physically.

Try this mate.

http://history1900s.about.com/od/worldleaders/a/stalinembalm_2.htm

Tales of the great man himself…

Not deep enough, both metaphorically and physically.[/quote]

Or soon enough.

I have always wondered a few things about Stalin.

If there was no Stalin, would the Germans have won Barbarossa?

If there was no Stalin, would there have been a Barbarossa?

If the Germans hadnt sent Lenin to Russia, would there have been a Stalin at all or a Communist Soviet Union?