Support for people affected by Hurricane Katrina

Anyway back on topic…

Is there still black americans on the streets, raiding stores now ? ect ?

What about white people on the streets and raiding stores?

I believe New Orleans has been evacuated - I don’t know how completely, but the BBC (Biased Broadcasting Corporation) has been showing images of forced evictions by armed police. On the strength of this, I’d imagine that the looting/finding has largely come to an end. If Mike M can give us any more reliable information, that would be most welcome.

:lol:
We rule the world in cricket, We havent lost to a country ashes in 18 years. :D[/quote]

Off topic warning, but I can’t help myself.

England lead the Ashes series 2 games to 1. One game tied.

Australia need to win the fifth test to achieve an overall draw. At the end of the first innings, England lead by six runs. Unless Australia can win the final test outright in the next day and a half, England will win the Ashes.[/quote]

Just out of purely innocent interest, can any of our Australian users tell me how this year’s Ashes series ended up? I’ll give you a clue - Cdo Jord’s claim that Australia hasn’t lost an Ashes series for 18 years is not as true as it was when he posted it.

http://www.brokentoys.org/?p=6849

http://www.latimes.com/news/nationworld/nation/la-na-money17sep17,0,1698555.story?coll=la-home-nation

Louisiana Officials Indicted Before Katrina Hit

WASHINGTON — Senior officials in Louisiana’s emergency planning agency already were awaiting trial over allegations stemming from a federal investigation into waste, mismanagement and missing funds when Hurricane Katrina struck.

And federal auditors are still trying to track as much as $60 million in unaccounted for funds that were funneled to the state from the Federal Emergency Management Agency dating back to 1998.

…Keith Ashdown of Taxpayers for Common Sense, a Washington watchdog group, said recent Louisiana history showed that FEMA "money earmarked for saving lives and homes’’ was instead squandered in “a cesspool of wasteful spending.”

I was thinking the other night about the relocation of people after the hurricane. They are now starting to get their life back together and putting the kids in school, getting jobs and getting put on the electoral register in their new/temporary home.

Is this mass migration going to change the balance of power in subsequent elections?

Will they be able to register?

This may make the next elections interesting if wards have a sudden and large influx of people who may not vote in the same way the locals used to. Is it the senate that is next to be elected?