Support for people affected by Hurricane Katrina

Hogwash. More of that old “America is a villian because they don’t do the most all the time for others” crap. America DID give the most, so now you gripe that it came a little late. If America had given the most the fastest, yhou’d be griping that they did not do something to stop the trajedy to begin with. If they had done that, you’d be complaining that they do too many things in other people’s countries and should stay to themselves.

It’s an old, tired, hypocracy.

Actually IRONMAN, he can deploy the forces, but they can’t see combat until he authorized by Congress or a unanimous vote to go to war. So in turn, he must consult Congress for some things. Like the 51.8 Billion dollar emergency budget that Congress authorized for the use of the recovery in the south.[/quote]

You are both right and wrong. He can deploy them and they can perform combat. However, only Congress can legally declare war. The President does not need the permission of Congress to deploy and engage military forces.

In most cases where the decision is not life-or-death he would first consult Congress, but in an emergency, he isn’t required to.

Yes, the US deployed hospital ships and aircraft carriers (which have a rather large hospital onboard) to help people. Are you a victim of misinformation, or was it the liberal rags you read that pulled your thought process to the right?

Mike, you must understand, that they have attempted to turn this thread, like all others, into a “Let’s bash America” thread. This site’s membership consists of about 70% anti-American mongers. Just expect any given thread to turn into a discussion about everything that is bad about the US. There is no surprise here. Just feel sorry for them.

[quote=“Commando_Jordovski”]

Am I missing something?? :?[/quote]

Yes indeed you are… :lol:

Anyway… i think this natural disaster that has caused havock in America is the start of the collapse of the USA, but of course i could be wrong thats just my opinion. :)[/quote]

Since the US is so much stonger than any other nation, it will be standing when all others have fallen.

While I think it is more of a long-term trend than a “trendy” thing, I’d have to say you have made the first wholly accurate statement I’ve ever seen you make on this forum. Good job kiddo.

Your sentiment in that one is commndable, but you were only stating your true feelings in the previous post where you said the US should be left without aid. You should try not to dislike the USA so badly. We are good, generous people with the best of intentions for the world. We are not the enemy.

You just contradicted yourself. You said it was the government that you dislike, then you say you dislike the people for their patriotism.

Americans are patriotic just like the people of any other country. But you don’t hear Americans saying, “Damn those Russians! They are so utterly patriotic! I hate Russians.”

If you hear Americans in church talking about such as that, it’s because they are there to pray and give thanks for the blessing of living in a country that is financially strong. I think perhaops you misinterpret their demeanor as being glib instead of greatful.

Can we return this thread to the subject of relief for Hurricane Katrina victims instead of all this anti-American spittle?

[/quote]

Ironman, You are wrong about man of Stoat. Before you showed up he is the only person to talk positive about the US government. You and he may have had your differences but I call him a true allie.

Hey Erwin…get a clue, I don’t give a shit about your cousin and what he tells you to think. It sound’s like he’s a liberal immigrant on the welfare dole. If he does not like America tell him to get the “F” out. Its time to start thinking for yourself youngman… :?

Good idea.
Modstrike in 5… 4… 3… 2… 1… Done. I’ve purged the thread of a fair bit of crap.

I’d like to add in response to various comments here that the vast anti-american conspiracy here has obviously been writing in invisible ink that only IRONMAN can see. True, two members have been posting material strongly critical of the US and its response to the hurricane and the tsunami. However, at least as many non-US members have been supportive of the US’s tsunami response and noted that the response to Katrina is primarily a cock-up at state/ city level, not federal.

[Edited to add: all text after 2… 1…]

This unfortunately seems to be ironmans Modus nowadays. Anything he does not like, has to be anti American.

:roll:

Mike, you must understand, that they have attempted to turn this thread, like all others, into a “Let’s bash America” thread. This site’s membership consists of about 70% anti-American mongers. Just expect any given thread to turn into a discussion about everything that is bad about the US. There is no surprise here. Just feel sorry for them.[/quote]

Whatever…

Firefly, you wouldn’t be implying that IRONMAN is posting in response to what he thinks he has read, not what was actually posted? I don’t know why you would suspect him of such a thing. [/innocent face]

Was I implying that Crab?

You mean he is now reading support for the US by Stoat as anti-American Blather?

Surely not!

:lol:
We rule the world in cricket, We havent lost to a country ashes in 18 years. :D[/quote]

Off topic warning, but I can’t help myself.

England lead the Ashes series 2 games to 1. One game tied.

Australia need to win the fifth test to achieve an overall draw. At the end of the first innings, England lead by six runs. Unless Australia can win the final test outright in the next day and a half, England will win the Ashes.

Oh, and I’m touched that Frionscam managed to twist my posts in support of the US as anti-americanism. Goes to prove that he doesn’t read what’s written and just reads what he wants to.

Topic split. Discussion of Global Warming now elsewhere… although I can’t remember where I sent it. Ooops.