T-34 Tank

That’s the really amazing photo Panzercnacker , thanks.
I’ve never saw someting simular.

You re welcome Chev, here is another:

The guys with bandages in the heads above are the crew of the Stug, the allies will use this tactic later in the war against Tiger and King Tiger.

Does anyone know if that version of T34 (T-34/76 Mod. 1941) took part in the battle around the Kiev area, in November-December 1943 ?

T34-76_1941ProdMod-2.Tamiya.jpg

What about this?

T-34 depicted in the south of Stalingrad september 1942.

This is a sniper tank or what ?, I never saw that many camouflage in a T-34 before, the commander is a Georgian and he claimed 12 german AFV destroyed in a week.

Those panzer nevers saw what hit them. :neutral:

Camo and a hull defilade position is a very good combination for defense,or delay, waiting for the enemy to wander along, and then pick your target. Its only good for a few shots, then time to move to the alternate position to keep them guessing.
This set up is very difficult to spot, and even if it is spotted, hard to hit, before they move out to another prepared spot. These positions also had the advantage by night, as all of the local terrain features, cross roads, buildings etc. were on their range cards, with the appropriate lists of ranges, and azimuth/elevation data. So any one of them can be engaged just by setting the gun to the data on the card, and As you said my friend, they never know what hits them…

That sort of camoflage is also necessary when the Stukas are about.

Another use for the T-34 turret.

Many say that the t-34/85 was the best tank of ww2 but i neva thought so cause i always favoured the german’s superior technology so i went googling and came across this article which had some of the major faults of the tank such as its armour superiority over the germans against the later tanks such as panzer 4 and its 85 mm gun wasnt a match against the american 76 mm fitted on the american shermans. It also lacked many upgrades which other tanks were equiped with such as armour skirts by the panzers. The t-43/85 might had the biggest impact with its large production rate and being easily manufactured it wasnt the best tank of ww2 since the later war versions of sherman had a better main bun and comfort. heres the full article boys !

My dear astupid ( rare name isnt ?) The links to other forum are only allowed in the link section.

I dont think the the t-34 was overrated, it was definately the best tank in the world in the period 1941-42, after that it loss his technological advantage to more powerful german designs.

This must be the most weird and suicidal method to cope with the T-34. :shock:

http://video.google.es/videohosted?docid=-4998627977770287558

Hi P.K. Looks like an episode of “stupid human tricks” (Dave Letterman) A nice try, under some circumstances, some of these tricks may work, But there were usually other tanks, and infantry around, so the liesurely pace of these “sappers” work, would mostly end in ,well, disappointment. And so much effort when a magnetic shaped charge would do the job. (Unless they wanted to capture, and use the tank themselves… ) The T-34 may have been lacking in many things, but combat effectivness wasnt one of them. Until like you said, the better German designs out paced them.

Hi P.K. Looks like an episode of “stupid human tricks” (Dave Letterman) A nice try, under some circumstances, some of these tricks may work

There was obviously more serious ways to deal with the t-34. :rolleyes:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pclFUcWM75o

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6klvgnKlbdg

Great video my friend, enjoyed them immensely. The Russians failed to exploit the armored formation’s capabilities, and did not properly cover or support them. A shame.

IN WW2 SOVIET T-34 have main gun (caliber gun) :

37 mm
45 mm
75 mm
76,2 mm
85mm
90mm

T-34 in battle, no prototype or experimental T-34.

Sorry my english

76.2mm and 85mm (T-34/85)

There was also a small amount of special T-34 “Tank hunters” with 57 mm Zis4 Guns made in 1941 and there was made experimental model of T-34 with 100mm gun in the end of the war. Some pictures of T-34/57:

t34_57_02.jpg

t34_57_04.jpg

It seems it was a prototipe of T-44 that wasn’t accepted by the army.

They also fitted some out as Flamethrower tanks.

The gunsigh of the T-34.

One main drawback of the T34 was its antiquated optics, especially when compared to the Wermacht armour