tank debate

I like your opinion of the t-34 and king tigers are pretty cool; a bit slow but the 88 could hit hard. The sherman is overated to the point of not funnyness. :smiley:

im sticking with the tiger. best tank of ww2 imo

I think the best tank of WWII was the T-34/85 Tigers were too easy for bazooka teams to takes out and Panzers were torns apart by these monsters :twisted:

Tiger is the best .

tell that to the machineguner on the tank :twisted:

If you are going to make a glib statement thats fine. It would be a lot more interesting to know why you think its best though.

The German King Tiger Tank was introduced in early 1944 and was the most powerful tank during world war 2. With its powerful 88mm gun and an almost impenetrable front armor, it was one of the most feared weapons of world war 2. Up to the end of the war, the allies had not introduce any effective means to counter the threat.

http://www.worldwar2aces.com/

Underpowered, too heavy for most bridges, diversification of resources, big fuel user, outnumbered. Complicated engineering.

Sure it was a good tank, but was it the right one for the times when the Panther could take on any allied tank and win?

best tank of the war in terms of offensive action is the panther.

best tank of war in terms of defensive action is the royal tiger.

best tank of the war in terms of production rate/war winnability is the T-34/85

Isn´t it king tiger?

I think the king tiger was aka royal Tiger aka Konigs Tiger, same tank different names although they may have been veriants.
Anyone have info or a link.

You’re right fella

Konigstiger = German for King Tiger
Royal Tiger/King Tiger - Allied names for it

tell that to the machineguner on the tank :twisted:[/quote]

Tigers didn’t usually have machine gunners on the hatched, Only with panzers I through IV did, the only thing sticking out of a Tiger hatch might be a spotter with binoculars LOL, and you know how dangerous those binoculars can be :stuck_out_tongue:

Very dangerous .

I know, I got conked on the head once with one of 'em… scariest moment of my life, I almost lost an eye ya know o.x

That’s was sceary brrrrrr

A Sherman Firefly in display near I live.

The pictures are a little dark because it was a very cloudy day:

Serial number of this vehicle:

Is that a picture of you Panzerknacker?

How did a Sherman Firefly get to Argentina?

Yes I am.

The Fireflys were purchased to Great Britain at very low price in 1947, I dont remember well the number… guess around 200-300.

The enormus surplus in the post-war caused that this tank cost some cents by kilogram, this crippled the further developmet of the local battletank, the Nahuel ( tiger).

What sort of technician are you? Do you work on aircraft?