The AK-47 or the M16 ?

Ok, hopefully some RN type ‘forgot’ them on the frigates then !
One way to get rid if them I suppose.

The Mini-Uzis that the MPs are carrying are probably the best of the Uzi series, but there are better SMGs on the market.

For sure it was a gift.
http://www.portland-port.co.uk/press-release-regina-maria.htm
http://www.flagshiptraining.co.uk/newspage.asp?s=AYB1P85is16z8b24O71R56kh41k4s95K31Ws2VgO

Quoted from: http://www.usni.org/proceedings/Articles04/pro11cfleets.htm
On 9 September, Romania commissioned the newly refurbished frigate Regele Ferdinand into service. A U.K. Boxer (Type 22 Batch 2)-class warship, the frigate was known as HMS Coventry while in British service. She was retired from the Royal Navy in February 2002 and refitted for transfer beginning in August 2003. Plans call for her sister ship, ex-HMS London, decommissioned in 1999, to join the Romanian Navy in 2005 as the Regina Maria.
Funding permitting, a further refit of the two warships is planned for the future. This refurbishment would take place in Romania and is expected to add enhanced command-and-control systems and possibly a new surface-to-air missile system, permitting their use as flagships. Both frigates were constructed in the United Kingdom by Swan Hunter (Shipbuilders) Ltd. and entered British service in the late 1980s.

End quote.

OK, I think we should go back on topic. :smiley:

Of course Mini Uzi has a ferociously fast rate of fire!!!

I beleive it can empty it’s mag in 1-2 sec

And it is very hard to hold firm in auto, because of it’s size amongst other things.

the Uzi is mad :lol: !! :slight_smile:
The clip can be dry in a matter of 1-2 seconds no way, i believe 5 seconds but 1-2 …no way :shock: :?

The MiniUzi has a cyclic rate of about sixteen rds/sec, so two secs will empty a full size mag.

Thats really interesting…you learn something new every day :smiley:

Hi guys.
First of all,the “47” was not invented but copied from the German SG 44-the first asault rifle ever made.
It happened that I fired the “47” “16” and Galil.
The M 16 is a pleasure to fire and to carry.
The Galil is the second and the most reliabel.
The 47 has a lot of “sharp edges” that can hurt the bones real bad.
In a buit uo area I’d take an M 16.
In dust and sand -the Galil.
Never had ocasion to be in the cold.Maybee I’ll take there teh 47…

The worst thing in, my opinion, is that the 47 fires 7.62mm.
The bullets are heavier and much deadlier then the 5.56 NATO.
The ideea is that a wonded soldier is better then a dead one.
We all know why.(I hope…).

:wink: Debatable… :wink:

:wink: Debatable… :wink:[/quote]

Err, yeah, completely different construction, controls, and bolt system…

The gas sytem’s almost identical though :wink:

Here we go again.

Re: the 5.56 being designed to injure not kill in order that 3 rather than one are taken out of the battle, Im coming to beleive that this is utter balls! If I shoot someone i dont want them lying down shooting at me until they bleed out I want them down and staying down. Even Moreso if one of my men gets shot and injured I can get him to an aid sttion and he can return later to continue fighting, if one of my men actually died then psychologically it would affect the entire section maybe even the platoon.

if injury is more appealing a feature than lethality why the move to a 6.1 Grendel round, or the appearance of Blended metals in the PMC market. Im running to the limit of my knowledge here but Im sure that Ale will have words to say about the “advatages” of 5.56.

Bluff

Bluff cove,
I didn’t contrib.with anything to the world,s warfare.
All I wrote ,was already written by others…
Ever been in combat?
Any ideea how many soldiers “join” a wonded comrad?
How hard is it to evacuete an wonded sold.?
It what anrmy that respects itself our days,a wonded soldier is been “taken care of” and sending back to fight?
Stalingrad days are over.
Unless he’s very slightly woonded,he’s going to a field hospita(gen. by helicop) and spends a lot of resorces.

Some
Depends how many are fighting
Depends on the tactical situation
Depends on the seriousness of their injuries - there was a guy in Soldier magazine (the official magazine of the British Army) who had lost both his legs in a bomb attack in Iraq and had stayed in the Army and passed all his fitness tests with his false legs.
Yes
Not necessarily - he could only need to be taken to a Regimental Aid Post, depending on the injury and level of aid required.

I believe that the “wounded man takes 3 out of combat” myth to have come about to defend the decision by the US to adopt the M16 after adverse combat reports about its lethality started flooding back.

It’s all good & well in theory, but if you’re fighting people who shoot their wounded, or who don’t have any medical infrastructure, or believe that being shot is God’s will, then it’s a load of balls. All it will do is turn a mobile enemy shooting at you to an immobile enemy shooting at you.

The Kalashnikov actually was based on the MP-44, russians had captured several of these automatics and shortly after the war brought out a machine gun that was russian made but idealy off a German MP-44.

By the Way Welcome to the site Mars :smiley: :smiley: , if you need any help or private questions dont hesitate to ask me ill be more then happy to help. :wink: :wink:

For all information and answers for questions on the Ak models go here, http://www.ak47.net/content/articles/history/akbirth.html

Thanks Commando Jorovski !
Happy to be here :!:

About the Uzi;
I fired a lot the original Uzi and a few with the Mini Uzi,and the Uzi Pistol.
Never fired a Micro Uzi.
The Original Uzi is very simple and accurate only in close combat.The problem is that if you drope it by mistake,even is he’s “on safe”,he can fire.
Very realible.
The Mini Uzi is Ok but I belive that the HK is better.

Well i know only this Mikhail Timofeevich Kalashnikov,has created one good rifle. :wink:

Err, which HK?

Cdo, this idea is often put forward by people who have handled, stripped or fired neither weapon.

If you take a look through read some of the other threads on weapons you’ll see that AKs are not based on the Mp/Stg-44.

Sorry,
9 mm Heckler&Koch MP 5

Cdo, this idea is often put forward by people who have handled, stripped or fired neither weapon.

If you take a look through read some of the other threads on weapons you’ll see that AKs are not based on the Mp/Stg-44.[/quote]

I see…well thats what i know from reading and handling the gun itself.