The Atomic Bomb - what if?

We had a similar guy at work, we called him the Teletubby

Jan

Every village has one.

Frionscam,i suggest you to do not insult a mod,Jordovski can kick your arse fastly[/quote]

Earwig Shitser, I don’t fear anyone. Certainly not in cyber-space.[/quote]

So,don’t you mind if you get banned for a…year?

Oh Erwin, when you are non-confrontational, you provide lots of humour, I like that one.

Although the guy in the back has tramlines!

LOL

thank you,can you teach me on english?,i don’t want to talk it like ironman :oops:

thank you,can you teach me on english?,i don’t want to talk it like ironman :oops:[/quote]

No real human can talk like him batboy!

Like the signature Erwin!!!

thanks! :slight_smile: ,i can’t believe there is a person who thinks it is the enciclopedia of the ww2!

Incorrect. That was not a British government project to develop an atomic weapon. It was a small paper written by two scientists who said it could be done. Many such papers were witten on many technologies. They do not constitute a concerted government project. :shock:

Incorrect. That was not a British government project to develop an atomic weapon. It was a small paper written by two scientists who said it could be done. Many such papers were witten on many technologies. They do not constitute a concerted government project. :shock:[/quote]

I agree with you (you must be learning).

However, the Manhattan project was worked on by men and women from many Nationalities. Jan has already stated the resons why the UK couldnt at that time do it. Although a great many UK scientists contributed to it.

It would still help you to read previous posts though.

TROLL POST

Incorrect. That was not a British government project to develop an atomic weapon. It was a small paper written by two scientists who said it could be done. Many such papers were witten on many technologies. They do not constitute a concerted government project. Shocked

Reason - selective quotation in that you have ignored the part of my post that explains what TUBE ALLOYS refers to. I suspect this is so you can try and start an argument.

One of the things I found most charming about the US is the way parents educate their chidren to be respectful of their elders. Clearly something was missed in your case.

Given that you have been outed as a 15 year old, isn’t it time you were doing your homework?

At least you’ve made one step by not denying that British scientists worked on the Manhattan Project. Now take one more and admit that for them to work on the Manhattan Project, they would have been experienced physicists who knew what they were doing. How did they get this experience and knowledge without working on similar projects?

Missed this and on re-reading I have to agree.

TROLL POST

Just goes to show how easily Irn-bobby can dupe you if your not carefull.

I therefore retract 90% of my last post.

Incorrect. That was not a British government project to develop an atomic weapon. It was a small paper written by two scientists who said it could be done. Many such papers were witten on many technologies. They do not constitute a concerted government project. :shock:[/quote]

I agree with you (you must be learning).

However, the Manhattan project was worked on by men and women from many Nationalities. Jan has already stated the resons why the UK couldnt at that time do it. Although a great many UK scientists contributed to it.

It would still help you to read previous posts though.[/quote]

You have not answered the question. Why did britain not have their own project to develop nuclear weapons?

Irrelevant. You have not answered the question.

At least you’ve made one step by not denying that British scientists worked on the Manhattan Project. Now take one more and admit that for them to work on the Manhattan Project, they would have been experienced physicists who knew what they were doing. How did they get this experience and knowledge without working on similar projects?[/quote]

The British did not have such a project. Why not? Do you need an interpretor for this utterly simple question?

At least you’ve made one step by not denying that British scientists worked on the Manhattan Project. Now take one more and admit that for them to work on the Manhattan Project, they would have been experienced physicists who knew what they were doing. How did they get this experience and knowledge without working on similar projects?[/quote]

The British did not have such a project. Why not? Do you need an interpretor for this utterly simple question?[/quote]

3 TROLL POSTS

You have the answer above. The US in 1940 didnt have this project either. By the time it was implemented it was somewhat of an allied project.

Either provide the facts than in 1940 the US had an A-Bomb project or desist with the TROLL.

Simple enough.

TROLL POST

FluffyBunnyGB wrote:
TROLL POST

Quote:
Incorrect. That was not a British government project to develop an atomic weapon. It was a small paper written by two scientists who said it could be done. Many such papers were witten on many technologies. They do not constitute a concerted government project. Shocked

Reason - selective quotation in that you have ignored the part of my post that explains what TUBE ALLOYS refers to. I suspect this is so you can try and start an argument.

One of the things I found most charming about the US is the way parents educate their chidren to be respectful of their elders. Clearly something was missed in your case.

Given that you have been outed as a 15 year old, isn’t it time you were doing your homework?

Irrelevant. You have not answered the question.

Reason - The question has been answered. TUBE ALLOYS refers.

Off you toddle, little one.

Not just physicists either:

Under Kistiakowsky’s direction, a new site, Sawmill, off S-Site, was constructed between December 1943 and May 1944. James Tuck, a member of the British Mission at Los Alamos, had worked in England on the use of combinations of different explosives to “focus” detonation waves and headed a group to develop an explosive lens for the implosion gadget. After von Neumann suggested a workable design for the lens, Lt. Cmdr. Norris Bradbury, a Stanford physics professor assigned to the Dahlgren Proving Ground of the U.S. Navy Ordnance Bureau, was recruited in June 1944 to solve the problem of casting the high explosives for the design.

http://www.childrenofthemanhattanproject.org/HISTORY/H-06c17.htm