The Best Light Machine Gun.

Single shot…600 yards…Toast :lol:

Rich

Then a regi bath :twisted:

If you trawl through the whole post, you can find several other examples of this tits encyclopaedic knowledge of firearms.

He thought the M1 was ‘spring operated’ ( like an airsoft gun ? :smiley: ) until it was pointed out otherwise.
He doesn’t know the laws of his own country regarding full auto weapons, he thinks they are illegal, but in many states they are completely legal, if a bit expensive. You can own an M-249 in Texas, should you have $25,000 to spend and a clean police record. Lucky bastards 8)

I wish I could find my copy of PAM2, I don’t mind quoting from it no matter how much Her Majesty wishes it ‘Restricted’. How can you lose a book the size of a housebrick ?

My bet is that he’s approaching the backpedalling stage by now and his next post will be ‘ha ha I had you guys going there’

Sid if ever you find something retarded from IRONINGMAN, you must, imperative, you must quote,

some of his greatest pearls of wisdom have been removed due to careless, editing by IRONINGMAN never to be seen again!

We must record his wisdom so that yet more walts can learn from his bovine faeces!

IRONINGMAN please replace your infantry support cannon comment, how else will the kiddies learn about our fallicies?

I was interigued by that too…

Can anyone name any other firearms using the well known “spring” principle :roll:

Richard

Can anyone name any other firearms using the well known “spring” principle Rolling Eyes

At a stretch…:

A flintlock uses sprung metal to provide the energy to create the spark to release the chemical energy in the gun powder…!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Ive found some, www.airsoft.com
welcome to the joys of IRONINGMAN, who also famously said that you needed to telescopic eyes to see someone at 600 metres!

I would just like to thank WW2incolor for furnishing the avatar gallery with quite possibly the smuggest, cockiest, most cocksure avatar I have ever seen!

<
<<

<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<
<<
<

I tried bating him with a reference to the Giga barge but he seems to have run away

The Gat ? :smiley:

when I was in Nam I killed my first G00K with one of those,

damn good weapon!

Far more lethal is the punch from the barrel itself.

Ironingboard’s still around - he posted something else at 9.54(GMT-6)

I like these avatars, finally a board where I can have one that accurately reflects my Weltanschauung :smiley:

Where’s this Ironman arschloss got to then ? I’m raring to put the boot in him :smiley:

most likely re-editting his posts.

He is most ungracious he hasnt even replied to your invitation man of stoat, these colonials hey,

and to think he could teach the British military so much about infantry tactics, what will we do without his knowledge?

FRIONPAN, why dont you just say you are sorry and let the matter be.
though the apology will have to be in depth and list all of your mistakes, of course!

Back on-topic, as it were, is that it’s interesting to look at the maximum sighted range of various wpns. These used to be typically optimistic (particularly before the end of WW1), but by WW2 had become more realistic.

Examples:

Mosin-Nagant rifles - 2,000m
Mosin-Nagant Carbines - 1,000m
SMLE - 2,000yds (tangent), 3,500yds (volley)
No.4 - 1,300yds
No.5 Carbine - 800yds
SA-80 - 800m (SUSAT), 300m (fixed range irons, IIRC)
Cadet GP (single shot SA-80) - 500m (irons, slightly different to SA-80)
L1A1 SLR (British FAL) - 600yds
M16 - 600m (IIRC)
M1903 Springfield - 2,800yds (from looking at a picture)

where was that gathered from, out of interest?
and how do you mean “from looking at a picture”?

Most of it is from memory (I’ve owned a few on the list), and the piccy is this:

http://world.guns.ru/rifle/m1903ss.jpg

you’ll see that 27 is marked, but the scale does go 100yds higher on the left.

seen

I’ve handled (not fired) a Browning High Power made in Nazi occupied Europe and fitted with a range adjustable rearsight. I may be wrong, but I think it was graduated out to 500 metres, certainly beyond 200. Does it win the prize for hopeless optimism on the part of the manufacturer, or can anyone shed some light on it?

Pistol rounds at 500 metres! thats the sort of thing that we need to let IRONMAN see, I dont know if its verifiable but its going to make this thread more intersting certainly!