Time for a new Mod

The British are Gays?

Uhumm…thats why I said silly.:rolleyes:

doesnt make a big difference really.

For some people did.

By the way i dont know nothing british teeth, fortunately I never had to kiss one :mrgreen:

We do have bad teeth. As for Yanks, well they are not all the same. I recently spent a month in Vegas and Arizona and they are definitely different from the time I spent in New England last year or Salt Lake City the year before that.

Theads merged here.

You can merge trheads here ?

Envy. :rolleyes:

Anyhow I have informed GE and Nick of their upcoming promotion. I hope to do this tm if time allows. Always takes a bit to make sure you have forum permissions right.
As you all know … Dec 1 Dani is stepping down as Chief Mod. His replacement will be Firefly.

In the future we will all be here to help Nick and GE come to learn their jobs. Dani, Firefly and I will have to spend sometime on admin issues. Dani will help me tweak the Retired staff usergroup and I will help Firefly with some of his new mod powers.

I will announce all this to the public soon! Ive been dealing with some family issues but hope all will be said and done tm.

Let me know if you have questions!

GS

Suggestions:
Right now:
Egorka - would do very well, and break out of the US-UK military culture that seems to be taking over the mod room.
Librarian - very good indeed at what he does, but probably too verbose and certainly not around enough right now to work as a mod.

Near (ish) future:
Flamethrower guy: Very switched on and mature, reservations are only due to the fact that he hasn’t been around all that long.

Edit: just remembered Egorka has turned the job down before. Anyone feel up to twisting his arm?

I like Rising Sun, always around, some good posts. negatives for this is he has been infracted.

As its an English speaking board they have to have the rudimentaries of English.

PDF, I will sound out Egorka. Good choice there and I like his style.

He is, but he can’t help winding up PK. Given that PK is touchy at the best of times, that is somewhere close to a recipe for disaster IMHO.

Rising Sun* has been asked at least twice I believe and turned it down. I would very much like to see him modded, but I think he’s very hesitant to do it, yet he often acts very much like one.

RS would be acceptable to me.

Egorka would make a good mod if he accepts.

Some others to consider:

Tankgeezer (USA)

Namvet (USA)

32Bravo (UK)

OLD RSM (Canada)

They are older fellows, level headed, mature and military veterans. The first three seem to be around most of the time, OLD RSM less frequently posts. I am sure that any of them would make a great mod.