U.S Pistols and Revolvers in WW2.

You cant miss with that instruction.

Some Liberator were attached with a silencer who (teorically) made it a better assasins weapon, the bullet however having no spining stabilization movement tumbling and destroyed several silencers. The idea was dropped.

There’s a brief article about the Liberator in the latest American Rifleman magazine (March, 2007). In 20% condition, they are worth more than $2,000.

The unit cost for the pistol alone was $1.73, and a little over $2 for the kit which included a dowel to extract cases. It took longer to load the pistol than to manufacture it.

It was code-named Model FP-45, “Flare Projector.”

JT

2000 $ ? :shock:

It seems that just few actually survive ww2.

Slenced .22 semiauto for special forces.

I have always enjoyed using the highstandard pistols we had in the U.S. Army, most every company had a few of them for target practice. One post in Ansbach Germany had an indoor range left from the old days, and it was a great place to do some shooting. We didnt have the integral suppressor pistols, Those were for “special occasions” Ruger makes a fine .22lr with suppressor, based on the mk 1 pistol. Of course, lots of these are in hands both honorable and profane, even a scoundrel prefers a quality firearm. My next favorite is the good old Colt 1911-a1 .45 acp. I have one of them, and never tire of shooting it, (but my wallet does get tired of paying for ammo) and finally, the American Derringer, a 2 shot pistol from Waco Texas. They can be ordered in nearly any caliber one wishes, even .410 shot shell, or .45 -70 rifle one shot only with those tho, Ha! and enjoy Ms. Derringer,

Ruger  Mk-1 supressed.jpg

ladyd.jpg

American Derringer model 1.jpg

S&W 38/200, this was a british request gun, the cartrigde was the 38 S&W(short variant not the special) with a 200 grain bullet…result, a reaaally slow muzzle velocity soe additional information on Panzer knacker’s post, This cartridge was indeed popular with the military, and yes it isnt the .38 long, or the later .38 spl. which had a bullet diameter of .357inches. so the case diameter was also smaller. the .38 S&W is actually .380" dia. so the case was too wide to fit in the chamber of the long or spl. and if one loades the .38 short into the S&W chamber the case would split down the side when fired. (personal experience. )

I’ve never seen a Liberator with a moderator, nor heard of one. Do you have a link for this ?

Those were for “special occasions” Ruger makes a fine .22lr with suppressor, based on the mk 1 pistol. Of course, lots of these are in hands both honorable and profane, even a scoundrel prefers a quality firearm. My next favorite is the good old Colt 1911-a1 .45 acp. I have one of them, and never tire of shooting it, (but my wallet does get tired of paying for ammo) and finally, the American Derringer, a 2 shot pistol from Waco Texas. They can be ordered in nearly any caliber one wishes, even .410 shot shell, or .45 -70 rifle one shot only with those tho, Ha! and enjoy Ms. Derringer.

Those are large calibre weapons. :smiley:

I’ve never seen a Liberator with a moderator, nor heard of one. Do you have a link for this ?

Ill search some for you.

That, they are, Panzerknacker, well engineered projectiles are important. and just a side note about the U.S. taste in pistols, the 3 most popular collectible military pistols have traditionally been the P-08 Luger, The P-38, and the Mauser pistol model 1896, though the Broomhandle was scarce, and expensive to aquire until the military import ban was lifted by Ronald Reagan, then they became affordable by the average American. (Its my personal favorite among German pistols. ) I also enjoyed the 1910/21 Bergman Bayard pistol, I did own one for awhile, and it fired a 9mm long (largo) cartridge, from a removable magazine, and looked very similar to the Broomhandle.

pieper%20aep%20bergmann%20bayard-03.jpg

When I wrote “large calibre” I wasnt meaning the derringes TG :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Anyway in here you got more info about the Bergmann, it was adopted by the spanish army in 1910

http://mundosgm.com/smf/index.php?topic=671.0

Oh, fear not panzerknacker, I got the joke, i will enjoy reading more about the Bergman too. Talk to you later, - Raspenau -

Colt pistol Revolver
Its either one or the other not both
Here is the difference between revolver

Both are handguns. A revolver contains a revolving cylinder in which bullets are loaded. Revolvers usually hold six shots. The ATF defines a pistol as any handgun that does not contain its ammunition in a revolving cylinder. Most pistols have a removable magazine into which bullets are loaded. The magazine is then inserted into the hollow handgrip of the gun.
And here is a pistol my 1911a1 Auto Ordnance ,

Now thats a Pistol

And A few others that I have

Now yer cookin’ some very nice examples to be sure. For those not familiar with the Colt old service revolver, is that it was a .45 caliber, but used the same cartridge as the 1911, and 11-A1 pistols, a cartridge made for semi-automatic weapons, and sub-machineguns that had no rim. In order for the .45 acp cartridge to operate in this revolver, there needed to be something to hold proper headspace in the chamber, so a metal clip called a “half-moon clip” was used to hold 3 rounds of ammo in the cylinder so the firing pin could strike the primer. 2 of these clips were used to fully load the old service. and were discarded with the spent cases. A model of the Webley revolver was made in this way as well, ans so many were in civilian hands that commercial ammunition MFG’s produced a special cartridge for them, the .45 auto-rim. just adding a protruding rim to the regular a.c.p. design.

45 ammo with full moon clips holding ammo in position..jpg

Oh, fear not panzerknacker, I got the joke

I am glad you do. :rolleyes:

Did you use Spanish or other factory ammo in the Bergmann-Bayard ?

I’ve got a working load for my B-B but am always happy to improve it, so if you used reloads could you PM me your data please ?

That was awhile back, near 20 years, but I do remember the ammo was surplus military stuff I sold from my gun shop. It must have been Spanish or S.American, it was labeled 9m.m. Largo. but that is all I remember about it. I wish I could be of greater help on this. - Raspenau -

No problem, thanks for responding anyway.

[quote="“Panzerknacker”"]

Ill search some for you.[/quote]

It’s been about two weeks, had any luck ?

Sorry but no, I think I read that in:

http://www.guns.connect.fi/gow/gunwriters.html

But if was there I cant found it.