Valkyrie and Accuracy

Dude… You guys don’t happen to be taken apprenticeships anytime soon, are you? :smiley:

But then again, I wouldn’t want to be on the same range with anybody who only carries his gun for his job. I remember how, back in Germany, everybody ran for cover whenever the Securitas guys came on the range :mrgreen:

We do actually. But I’m afraid you’re not allowed yet due to your age…:wink:

But then again, I wouldn’t want to be on the same range with anybody who only carries his gun for his job. I remember how, back in Germany, everybody ran for cover whenever the Securitas guys came on the range :mrgreen:

Please, no comparisons with private security thugs.:evil:
Besides, no accidents on our shooting range so far!

Is that so? How old do you have to be?!

Please, no comparisons with private security thugs.:evil:
Besides, no accidents on our shooting range so far!

I’m just saying, people who have to carry their rifles only because it is required from their job sometimes tend to be… let’s say insufficient shots…

Frankly, even going by some of the cops I’ve seen shooting, the safest place when you run away has to be in a straight line in front of them :mrgreen:

Ha-ha! Good one!:slight_smile:

They’re even worse when they’re using capsicum spray / foam.

Common clauses in a cop’s statement after even a fairly modest bit of biffo state that after the action the cop was either washing out another cop’s eyes or having his / her eyes washed out by another cop. Meanwhile the spray / foam doesn’t always do anything to the offender.

A brilliant weapon, that does more harm to one’s own side than to the enemy!

1. However I wouldn’t advise anyone of that age to pick the job.

Yeah, I highly doubt that my temper would be sufficient for that job anyway.
Considering the verbal abuse you guys are (according to the movies) exposed to constantly, sooner or later one of the inmates would probably end up with my pistol to his temple… :smiley:

Staying alive is not a waste of tax payers’ money. Practice often flame. Practice realistly. Get quite good with your P7 with eather hand. Ammo is cheep, your life isn’t (at least to you.)

Deaf

I jsut bought Valkyrie the other day. The special features are great and the movie itself is amazing in my mind. Just kind of wondering what everyone else thought about it?

did you guys know that they shot the firing squad scenes at Bendlerblock the exact place where the real firing squads killed Stauffenberg and his allies originally?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cJl5She8VnI&feature=PlayList&p=2541E8D2FD2FF37A&index=0&playnext=1

Thought this movie was really well done…picked up the Blu-Ray off Amazon already.

Cruise is really good in the role, I thought, and the rest of the cast, made up of some of the best British actors working these days, was top-notch as well.

Greetings-
Generals and above in the Wehrmacht wore “hochrot” --a bright scarlet red–as their distinctive waffenfarbe/piping color (same as the artillery red). Generals wore two stripes (about 1" wide) down the length of the trousers or breeches, which flanked a narrow strip of seam binding in the same color (so three stripes actually). This stripe configuration was called “lampassen”
Qualified officers from the General Staff (those who had completed the Staff Academy) wore Lampassen stripes as well, but their distinctive color was Carmine–which has more of a blue tone than the bright red of the Generals. All their insignia–on collar and shoulder–would have this distinctive shade of red.
Hope this clears things up a bit,
Cheers,
JJV