Weapons From WWII In Service Today?

The U.S.S. Constitution (Old Iron Sides) is also still commissioned in the US Navy in the same vein…

http://community.livejournal.com/ru_guns/776581.html

It only the general external ergonomics that are similar. The guts are operating with different principles.

Now that’s what I call a logistics nightmare.

How many different ammunition types ???

I make it six.:shock:

Richie

I’m not even sure how much reliable ammo there would be left for the MP44…

Please, don’t worry my dear Mr. Nickdfresh: we are still producing those bullets here, in Serbia. If you wish, just ask the State ammunition factory „Prvi Partizan” in Užice for the article A-424, produced in caliber 7.92 x 33 Kurz, with a bullet type FMJ BT, and weight of 124 grains and don’t be bothered – standard army quality ammo will be put up for sale in a great distant foreign country over the ocean. :slight_smile:

Here you have a direct link:

http://www.prvipartizan.com/rifle.php

I hope that you will just enjoy that Internet-tour!

Thank you my dear friend Librarian. As always, an informative and interesting post.

I can’t imagine the ammo being as cheap as Kalashnikov 7.62X39mm though, as I know of only two guns that actually fired the ammo: the Volksgewehr, aside from :D…

Up until 1956, the Isralis were using Nazy Mp40s…(what an irony) though replaced by UZIs.

The Israelis used all sort of German weapons, and Germany actually supplied the Jewish state with substantial arms and for years was one of their bigger European champions. Of course collective guilt had much to do with it.

The MP40 was far from the only German weapon or ordinance used by the Israelis…

The Avia S.199 is not realy German but Chech. Avia made them from Messerschmitt parts lying around the factory.

Do I see a Garand M1?

No but that is an M14 in the background.

We still use swiss-built MG42 on tanks.

Major Walter Schmidt:Sturmgewehr 44? oh,my heart…
MG42 in Bundeswehr

It would actually take an extreme situation in the least to prepare the Victory or war…

I too see the M-14. I think I know which rifle you mean, but it’s not an M-1. I think it’s an Italian made indirect copy that was conventionally magazine fed – much like the M-14 was.

Incidentally, a lot of M-14s were sent to the old Somali Army in the 1970s and 80s as well as some other parts of Africa like the Sudan, where they’re somewhat commonplace…

It’s called an MG3 now…

You are thinking of the BM-59 Nick, but that’s not what that is either…I’m not sure what it is

I think it is French by the style but I can’t find a reference to it…
Here is a photo of what I think it is , second rifle down:

Hawkeye,

Top to bottom:

Russian Tokarev SVT 40 7,62 x 54R . Slot in the butt is nonstandard, so perhaps a Finnish refurbishment .

Egyptian Hakim,8 mm Mauser. Nothing more than a re-chambered (see next one down):

Swedish Ljungmann AG42, 6.5 x 55 Swedish.

Belgian SAFN49. Could be.30-06,7 mm Mauser,8 mm Mauser, 7.65 mm Mauser,7 .62 mm NATO or even something more exotic. Forerunner of the FAL.

Nice rifles Hawkeye