Weapons From WWII In Service Today?

Oh, those aren’t mine…these are mine::smiley:

I lik your Schmeisser and the luger is pretty cool.:smiley: Nice BAR also…

Hawkeye:nice collection!burglars are welcome in your house isn’t it? :slight_smile:

Sure if they get past that Sterling that is lying beside my bed every night… :open_mouth:

When I would to choose for a secondary sleeping partner I vote BAR&the old 45 :smiley:

I heard its Illegal to own automatic weapons in the US.
Is it true?

Herr Major

Have a look at this - loads more on YouTube.

http://http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wipVRs7r5Wk

Richie

:mrgreen:

Nickdfresh:any modification between (MG’s) the two guns,looks like very similar!

It is legal to own full auto weapons in the US if you register them through the ATF and pay a Tax on them (As long as your state is a Full auto compliant state).

Nickdfresh:any modification between (MG’s) the two guns,looks like very similar!

I think the MG3 has a lower rate of fire and the caliber was changed to 7.62 NATO from 8MM.

Isn’t it called a “Class Four License?”

I think the MG3 has a lower rate of fire and the caliber was changed to 7.62 NATO from 8MM.

It was originally in 7.92mm. The rate of fire isn’t really all that different and is still over 1000rpm…

I believe is has a few modifications, but is still almost identical to the MG42. The MG1 and MG2 are little more than recalibrated (to the NATO round) MG42s…

Nick, No there is no “license” that you have to get to own a Full Auto weapon. You are also not required to allow “spot inspections” in your home by the ATF at any time, that is a myth that stops some people from buying NFA weapons. The process is not really complicated, if you live in a state that allows ownership, state law supercedes Federal in this case, you have a couple of avenues to buy and register the weapon in your name. One is private ownership, you find the weapon and, depending on what form it’s registered on, you send the ATF two sets of federal fingerprint cards, and two passport sized photos of yourself, these are for the FBI background check. The form you fill out along with these contain a box for your chief law enforcement officer (CLEO) of your area to sign to say that there is no reason that you should be denied ownership. A certificate of compliance ( stating that you are a citizen of the US), and a check made out to the ATF for $200.00. The process takes between 8 weeks to 90 days or more to receive the Tax Stamp paperwork and then you can pick up your weapon from the Class III dealer or the individual who has possession of it. If the weapon in question is outside your state it must pass through the dealer, that can mean another $200.00 must be paid to the ATF to do that transfer, if it is in your home state then you can get it directly from the registered owner with only one transfer being done.
Avenue #2 is Corporate Ownership, in this you do not need the fingerprints, the photos or the CLEO sign-off. You send in the form and assign the weapon to yourself as the CEO of a corporation and $200.00 and the weapon is listed as corporate owned.

STG 44 is still in service in African Conflicts, there are pictures on the net.

I vaguely recall seeing a picture somewhere of a Churchill tank in Iraq/Afghanistan, maybe someone has it in their collection.

Also captured PPSHH’s were used by US forces modified with a red dot scope in Iraq

I think you’ll find that that is someone taking the piss by balancing an EOtech on the top and a bit of lower hand guard on the bottom.

the tompson series are still in use for prisons, and in guerilla forces, even some police stations still have them.(in reserve)
the ppsh is also still in use in iraq, asia,…
mg42 is still in use on tanks or modyfied versions.
the mp40 is sometimes seen on conflicts.
stg44 in afrika.
and believe it or not even the m1 an m9 bazookas.
the reising m50,m55,m60 are still in use by police.( in reserve ofcourse
the 30. cal is still in use on some tanks. (not U.S.)
the m2hmg ofcourse great weapon but will soon be replaced.
the m1911 colt 45.acp
the browning hp (desined in 1935) We in Belgium still use them but they are crap.

Like Trafalgar Square and Piccadilly Circus being renamed Mohammed Ibn Allah Square, and Ibn Saud Circle? :mrgreen::army:

Jocular Regards, Uyraell

The Canadian Rangers (local defense in Northern areas of the country) still use the standard Lee Enfield No 4. Sign up, and you get yourself a rifle and 20 clips per year.

The K-Bar, while maybe not an issue item, is still in service with all US Services.

Douglas C-47/DC 3 aircraft are still in use, I also read recently that Martini-Henry’s, some taken from British in the late 1800’s, were being recovered in Afghanistan