What is your favourite C-ration ?

There has not been a battle in the history of modern warfare as “brutal” as the battle at Chosin Reservoir. Not even in WWII.[/quote]

Where did you get this unusual information from IRONMAN ??? :shock:[/quote]

Did you not read the sources, such as the site of the Chosin Few? Please, read what I posted first. Actrually read it.

Stalingrad - the Tractor factory.

Ypres
The Somme,

I am aware that the Korean war is a forgotten war, but I dont think the scale was as grand as these events

There has not been a battle in the history of modern warfare as “brutal” as the battle at Chosin Reservoir. Not even in WWII.[/quote]

Where did you get this unusual information from IRONMAN ??? :shock:[/quote]

Did you not read the sources, such as the site of the Chosin Few? Please, read what I posted first. Actrually read it.[/quote]

How many of the guys fighting at Chosin has been at Stalingrad?
its not going to be an honest appraisal is it - if it is written by a veteran of only one of the actions

How about the Somme or Verdun?

Did they have Americans in?

If not then they were mere walks in the park. Central Park for example.

I realize that you want badly to discredit the fact that the Chosin Reservoir Campaign was the most brutal and vicious battle in the history of modern warfare… because it was largely faught by Americans. But you just can’t.

Educate yourself on the subject, please.

| DONT CARE WHO IT WAS FOUGHT BY.

I dont think it could have been bloodier than the months of subarctic fighting that took place in Stalingrad in a single square mile of FISH and CHIPS fighting.

I know! Isn’t is sad that you know peas about it but think that?

IRONMAN wrote

I realize that you want badly to discredit the fact that the Chosin Reservoir Campaign was the most brutal and vicious battle in the history of modern warfare… because it was largely faught by Americans. But you just can’t.

Educate yourself on the subject, please.

Not at all, I’ve just noticed a sort of trend in your posts.

Anyway back to subject (although what this has got to do with C rations I don’t know)

Why is it the most intense battle of all time?

Why is this statement

There has not been a battle in the history of modern warfare as “brutal” as the battle at Chosin Reservoir. Not even in WWII.
valid?

Why for example, is Valley Forge not right up there?

Please tell me.

FISH and CHIPS

F.ighting
I .n
S.omeones
H.ouse

and

C.reating
H.avoc
I.n
P.ublic
S.paces

Educate yourself on the subject, please. Don’t be lazy. Read what I posted, then use your noodle, search the Internet for authoratative articles by people who know, like government web sites, vets web sites, history web sites.

I have explained it already. Read what Ii posted so you don’t have to ask “Why was it the most visious battle?” again as though the asnwer has not been provided to you, Jan, already.

Okey dokey?

:lol:

Valley Forge? See? You are lazy. Since when was that a part of modern warfare?

Sheeesh! :shock:

Which brings me to my orignal request

How on earth can you make that statement?

On what criteria are you basing that on?

I feel that the term “modern warfare” is still a little loose and all encompasing.

Now you do some thinking you Idle pratt.

At what point do we make the tranit from Pre-modern to Modern?

Bayonet charges are still a feature of war.
Mounted cavalry were used in the 2nd world war.

Artillery bombardment was used by the Chinese in Medieval times!

Educate me!

Ah! Now things become much clearer - “modern warfare” only covers the period November-December 1950. With that restriction in place, TW might even be correct :shock:

:shock: :shock: :shock:

The quote heard round the world from IRONMAN.

There has not been a battle in the history of modern warfare as “brutal” as the battle at Chosin Reservoir. Not even in WWII.

Hm, lets have a think how the full paragraph should read.

Battle at Chosin Reservoir, an idiots guide.

There has not been a battle in the history of modern warfare as “brutal” as the battle at Chosin Reservoir. Not even in WWII was there a battle as brutal as this

My red and italics.

Is that where you got that quote from?

IRONMAN wrote:

Thank you my friend. He faught in the bloodiest battle in the history of modern warfare - Chosin Reservoir Campaign. When i look at my father, I feel small.

Exactly you knob, you wrote it.

I appreciate you dad was there but why is it the most brutal!!!

My grandad was in WW2 but I don’t go round saying his battles were the best do I?

Do some research then come back.

Knob.

Why does it bug you so much that the battle at Chosin was the fiercest in the history of modern warfare? OH! because it wass faught by Americans. That’s why you’re trying to take a shit on it. Right.

Jan, you can save yourself the frustration by reading up on it and learning about it for yourself. I’ve explained it to you. It’s up to you. Nobody is going to baby-feed you the information all over again.