What is your favourite C-ration ?

IRONHEAD wrote

Why does it bug you so much that the battle at Chosin was the fiercest in the history of modern warfare? OH! because it wass faught by Americans. That’s why you’re trying to take a shit on it. Right.

It doesn’t bother me at all. It is your opinion and I will take that as such.

What does bother me is that you somehow expect us to believe that it is simply because you say it is.

I appreciate that your dad was in the battle, and you must feel humbled by his participation in what was a fierce and brutal battle.

But why is the most brutal of modern warfare?

Ok. Why is worse than Iwo Jima and other battles against the Japanese? They involved Americans so there can be no claim that I am ant-American. That incidentaly is a smoke screen you are putting up to discredit anything I say, when in fact anyone with a brain sees through it and sees your pathetic attempt at research.

Oohh look. The Royal Marines were there too (in relatively small numbers). Does this mean you’re going to have to suddenly find a new “fiercest battle” because this one is no longer purely American?
http://www.chosinreservoir.com/

PS who’s Jan, I am not Jan.

Given that it’s taken you 15 minutes to come with an answer thus far…

You haven’t got a scooby have you?

You claim it’s the brutalest of all battles this side of the 1900’s because why?

You are a pillock.

Next subject.

Come on Jan, admit it, you have multiple account disorder, one minute your a Cheery German, the next a Cheeky Cockney and I have a sneaking suspicion that your also Cdo Jordie.

Large Brew needs to book a few virtual sessions with you I think.

Alternatively Irn-Bru in his frothing madness has just lost total control.

Oh forgot to mention

Happy Birthday Balsa-Boy…

Oohh look. The Royal Marines were there too (in relatively small numbers). Does this mean you’re going to have to suddenly find a new “fiercest battle” because this one is no longer purely American?
http://www.chosinreservoir.com/[/quote]

Show me where I said it was faught only by Americans.

Nothing to do with that - it’s just that your well known hatred of all things British and opinion that they’re inferior (which shines through all over this site in just about every post you’ve ever made, from comments about British forces to your attitude to the British members of this site) would logically imply that as soon as it was pointed out that British troops were involved in this battle you would change your mind and select another “fiercest battle” in which no British troops were involved. After all, if such useless troops were involved then it can’t have been that fierce a battle.

http://www.chosinreservoir.com/[/quote]

Show me where I said it was faught only by Americans.[/quote]

ITS FOUGHT!

FOUGHT
FOUGHT
FOUGHT

And off topic. Start your own Off topic Chosin Military thread, MODS MODS!

Walther War machines big book of soldier knowledge.

Right next to the Spring powered carbine comment, and the British werent in Iraq-1 comments!

Bluffcove wrote

Walther War machines big book of soldier knowledge.

Right next to the Spring powered carbine comment, and the British werent in Iraq-1 comments!

Where is the Iraq thing? There are 25 pages to search!!!

Nothing to do with that - it’s just that your well known hatred of all things British and opinion that they’re inferior (which shines through all over this site in just about every post you’ve ever made, from comments about British forces to your attitude to the British members of this site) [/quote]

You are trying to project your demeaon upon me. I do not share your disdain.

HUH? Pointed out to me? Dude, you are not reading very well or conveniently ommiting half of my posts for your agenda:

:shock:

Please, read.

So basically the Yanks in the Korean war had a much better system of prevent fratricide of allied nations. They made sure non Yank troops didn’t get anywhere near where their boys were shooting!!!

Yip, Yip :smiley:

Question posted 40+ mins ago still no answer from IRONHEAD.

Why is the battle the most brutal in modern times?

For someone so adamant that this was the case, you seem to be taking along time to put up reasons.

Admit it, you read it on the back of a book didn’t you.

project your demeaon

:?

Is that like throwing a small devil?

what, pray, is “Demeaon” save for all the vowels in the wrong places!

no its the back of the Call of duty game manual! he gave us some tippety toppety quotes from that earlier, just dont mention hair tonic!

Call of duty teaches us many things about modern warfare.

Unlike “I Really like man ON MAN action”.

From whom we learn zip.

manONMAN - thats one to go in the profanasaurus

Ah the IronMeister

Cant live with him

Cant live with him…

Welcome to the world of loose facts repeated so often they appear to become real in front of your eyes.

Almost makes this the Twilight Zone of forums…

Don’t forget the fact that he has said so therefore is true.

Witnessed in his believe some battle or other was the most Brutal in modern warfare.