What Messerschmitt Bf 109 variant do you like most?

IIRC, Galland perferred the E model (Emil), I vote for the E model.

Galland prefered that Model for the armament, but actually I believe that his favorite was one modified Ferdinand with extra 13 guns in the cowling.

That variant was unique, no other Bf-109F was made with 13 mm Mgs.

I like the G-10…

‘E’ for me… but then again I have not got round to ‘G’ yet…

Nice profiles there Clave, the Emil was important, but I think a little clumsy for dogfights.

Yeah, I think it was quite nippy, but the Spitfire and Hurricane were better at turning inside…

Yeap, and that is why the Messerschmitts aces rarely played the doghtfight, they prefered the “boom and zoom” tactic.

A curiosity, the Me-109 V31 with belly radiator and wide undercarriage a test aircraft for the Me-309.

After a highly demanding and utterly draining business weak, the best art of mental relaxation I was able to find was a couple of old snapshots, devoted to our dearly beloved, good old 109. So here they are:

Bf 109 G, September 1944 – unknown location

Camouflaged Bf 109 F somewhere in the Soviet Union – August, 1941

In the meantime, honorable ladies and gentlemen, as always – all the best! :wink:

The G-10. Just cuz…

Which variants did Hartmann fly?

He did his very first solo flight on a Bf 109 D.
In their book “The blond knight of Germany” Toliver and Constable listed the following variants he flew during the war:
Bf 109 B,C,D,E,F,G-6, G-7 (?), G-10, G-14, H-16, K-4

I hadn’t realised he had flown the ‘B’ and ‘C’ series BF-109s. Thank you Flamethrowerguy!

Franz von Werra in a Bf-109E from II./JG 3. - June, 1940

Very nice pic. The little pet must be problematic after some years :wink:

Well, honorable ladies and gentlemen, after many days, we have here another couple of photos dedicated to our distinguished machine:

Pre take-off preparations of the Bf 109 G-6, Royal Hungarian Air Force – 1944

Bumpy field-airport taxiing for takeoff, RHUAF, unidentified location – 1944

In the meantime, as always – all the best! :slight_smile:

I am reading “Barbarossa-the air battle:July-December 1941” by Christer Bergstrom and there are lots of pictures of the Bf 109 with German and Rumanian markings.Many pictures of Russian planes also.Even Hurricanes from the RAF that fought in the far north.
If any of you are intrested.

Of course, my dear Mr. Kamehouse! We are interested for everything connected with our dearly beloved birdie. Moreover, if those photos are in color, our delight and our appreciation will be eternal! :smiley:

Startbereit! – Bf 109 E-3/JG 2 - France, 1940

Therefore, please – feel free and post those previously unseen photos in this topic whenever you wish. :wink:

Funny one, Bf 109f-4.

There are a few in colour.A couple of Do 17z and Ju-87,quite a few of Ju-88 and only one of the Bf-109 E with Rumanian markings.
I don’t have a scanner unfortunately.

Nice metal-model of my favourite version, the KURFÜRST … scale is 1-72.

… cheers :smiley:

Jens