What was the best army in WWII

come on!,by far usa is the best,don´t come to me with that of your army is the best,i will never believe.
it´s obviously stupid patriotism,i have patriotism but i don’t lie!

both weapons are accurate enough for the ranges needed. the garand has almost double the rate of fire though. meaning that it is a more useful weapon in room-clearing/ close quarters.

I’ve not entered into the debate as to which army is the best, as each country had a number of armies. (It’s a military thing.)

That is a different subject for debate.

no,it´s a complement iwth the words i said later,the reply was for 1000ydstare.

Regards to the Eastern Front.

Given that the German force that had romped across Europe was still very much intact in the West of Europe, and a completely different force was going up against the East, what makes you think that this has any relevance to whether or not Britian would fall?

The Blitz was indeed an inconvienence to the British people, I live in Britain and have Grandparents/releatives who were in the Blitz.

I am well aware of the effects of this war. My Aunties roads Bomb shelter was hit by a bomb, luckily she was a fire watcher at the tender age of 14 to free a man for the front!!! She still lives on the street, the shelter is still there (or remenants there of).

Meanwhile the RAF took to the skys heavily out numbered and in some cases (ie the Boulton Paul Defiant) in planes that were out dated. Luckily for us the Luftwaffe was under the control of a Loony (Hitler) and a fat, closet transexual (goering) who despite the massive advantages they had squandered them.

They started the Blitz on the cities by deciding that the RAF was on its arse and stopped the bombing of the aerodromes. In response the British donated massive amounts of aluminium and other metals to make spitfires and hurricanes. They bit the bullet and worked together and hard to protect the beachers the LDV was formed of old and young and the Luftwaffe was maulled.

The invasion barges were never used to ferry the Nazi jackboot to our fine shores.

And if they had landed on a fair isles sandy beaches they would have been met by the like of Capt Mainwaring, Sgt Wilson, L/Cpl Jones and Privates Pike, Fraser and Godfrey.

And they wouldn’t have liked it up 'em!!!

I am proud to be British, because it is the best country in the world.

I was proud to be British cos it was the best country in the world until that little worm and the wide-mouthed frog got their grubby little mits on it :evil:

Too true :frowning: :cry: :cry:

[quote=“Man_of_Stoat”]

I was proud to be British cos it was the best country in the world until that little worm and the wide-mouthed frog got their grubby little mits on it :evil:[/quote]

Sad but true, though since he’s been in we haven’t been short of business have we?

[quote=“Man_of_Stoat”]

I was proud to be British cos it was the best country in the world until that little worm and the wide-mouthed frog got their grubby little mits on it :evil:[/quote]

out off topic

what has that with best army?

easy answer

DEFIANTLY the Soviets and the Germans

come on, the Germans was fighting half the world, and half the world still struggled to defeat the Germans

the only reason the Germans lost was because they attacked Russia during the Winter which was VERY costly

without a dought the Soviets and the Germans were the best troops in ww2

(even though the Soviets were very poorly equipped

What do you mean the only reason Germany lsot was because of Russia? America could have slaughtered Germany. They has excellent troops and equipment, can’t say well about tanks though :frowning:

yup mate,usa had great troops,the best of the allies,like Urss (russia),but germany was so well prepared,specially in technology,numbers,morale,doctrines,generals.

the only thing i know is that without usa,the allies will lose,and without both soviet union and usa,by far germany could rush europe in seconds.

umm i disagree. america could never invade and defeat germany without the fighting with russia. 90 percent of the wermarcht perished in russian terrioritory, most before 1944.

first generation german troop trained before 1942 were the best trained soldiers of the war. even the lowest grunt had 2-6 years of training. it was the loss of two million of germany’s best men and troops that made it ripe for conquest in june of 1944.

and, most american equipment was inferior in quality. also, us fighting doctrine needs work.

the american soldier is known to be slow and steady, but undecisive by veterans. being in foreign territory, they lacked the drive or the skill of more experienced german army officers. they often fail to exploit gains and lack aggression in the attack. also, american troops often overestimate enemy strength and advance too slowly.

it took the western allies an almost embarrashingly long time to finish off the germans in the last year of the war while ridiciously outnumbering and outgunning a far smaller number of germans soldiers/tanks/planes/petrol, and motorization.

if the russians performed a the same operation in same circumstances, its likely that they would suffer heavier causalites then the allies but be able to achieve a quick, decisive victory due to more drive, aggresstion, and more experience in higher command.

say if the usa mobilized in 1936 and assaulted greater germany in 1940, they wouldn’t even make it past the beach. like the dieppe raid.

german defenses wouldn’t have been stripped to feed into the russian meat grinder.

America didnt win the war, Russia did

they were the ones that defeated the last remnants of the Nazi’s in Berlin

yet you Americans wanna pretend D-Day was so important even though there were more Changing points in the war such as Stahlingrad

after Stahlingrad, that was the end of Nazism

But of course, WW2 didn’t actually finish until the Japs had been malleted also.

Hence the whole “forgotton army” of the Brits.

So this arguement is completely irrelevant.

No one side can say they “won” the war.

let me apologise, won the war in Europe

The Russians did finish off Berlin, but as I said no single country can claim to have “won” the war.

The russians needed massive amounts of help. This was given, mainly by the Arctic convoys of the British.

I dont think any 1 allied country can claim to have won the war on its own.
Also, you cannot seperate the interlocking weapons systems, like what would the western allies achieved if it wasnt for their air supremacy. In individual situations at differring times all of the armies were probably on top at some point.

I think the question is worded wrongly.

USA ,United kingdom ,together they can nothing against germans ,russia alone fight in europe until 1944 ,if germans did not attack soviets usa can nothing, :wink:

What about the Allied invasion of Italy in 1943?
The Germans attacking the USSR has nothing to do with the US entering the war.
You’ll find that the UK did a fair bit against Germany up to D-Day - Battle of Britain, Rhubarb raids on France, SOE/Commando attacks on targets in Norway and France, the Murmansk convoys to keep the Soviets in the war, getting a bombing campaign against Germany going.