What was the best army in WWII

[quote="“BDL”"]

i think you’re forgetting ur good old ANZAC brothers???

Commonwealth forces in Europe/Africa all came under the First Sea Lord and Cheif of the Imperial General Staff.

sorry i dont understand that Blad

First Sea Lord was the man in charge of the Royal Navy, and consequently gave orders to the Australian, NZ, Canadian etc Navies.

Chief of the Imperial General Staff was the man in charge of the British Army, and consequently gave orders to the Australian, Canadian, NZ etc Armies.

understood, but the point is they didnt fight alone as they had Anzac support from Day 1

But very little direct support, since Australia is 12000 odd miles away

Yes easier way is into italy ,i wrong my croatian is shit i read something about churchil ,commandos and adriatic sea .STILL FRIENDS :wink:

But very little direct support, since Australia is 12000 odd miles away[/quote]

100,000 troops not enough for a country with a population that was around 4 million ??? :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue:

But very little direct support, since Australia is 12000 odd miles away[/quote]

100,000 troops not enough for a country with a population that was around 4 million ??? :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue: :P[/quote]

Were those 100,000 men in Britain waiting for a German invasion - as I said Britain got very little DIRECT support from the colonies, because of their distance from the UK.

No instead those soldiers helped protect the Suez Canal

Do you mean “best quality” or just “best” ? Quality wise I think the Germans are leading… But I still love the Red Army :slight_smile:

Clauss von Stauffeberg wrote

“Yes easier way is into italy ,i wrong my croatian is shit i read something about churchil ,commandos and adriatic sea .STILL FRIENDS”

Clauss your a gentleman and a scholar. And your croation is probably a lot better than mine. Never weren’t a friend my old china.

Don’t worry about arguments mate, after all from the hottest forges comes the hardest steal, and now we know the truth of it.

who is the thumbs up guy.

100ydstare,stop doing that in the name of lord!,i received messages of members who think your images are “disturbing”.

stop,or me and the rest of the mods will take actions.

Nice post 1000, and good call Clauss !
It shows that we can discuss ‘hot topics’ and still forge peace afterwards.

I hope we have not just seen an example of the courage that a certain army in the european theatre was famous for.

Everythings can do on peacefull and easy way ,there are no need for fight . :wink: :wink: :lol: :lol:

your a friggen idiot if germany had a war with america and only america without allies the yanks would have been absolutely flogged :evil:

your a friggen idiot if germany had a war with america and only america without allies the yanks would have been absolutely flogged :evil:[/quote]

T-34s_Are_Cool this is the last informal warning to you.

On next insult, you’ll receive a formal warning.

your a friggen idiot if germany had a war with america and only america without allies the yanks would have been absolutely flogged :evil:[/quote]

Surely that would depend on where they fought? If the US tried to land in force at Bremen, maintaining supply lines across the Atlantic with no ally support, my money would be on the Germans. Reverse the situation and I doubt the Germans would have been able to make their landings past opposition from the local populace, let alone the US military.

In any case, how would the US and Germany end up at war without any other countries being involved?

Surely that would depend on where they fought? If the US tried to land in force at Bremen, maintaining supply lines across the Atlantic with no ally support, my money would be on the Germans. Reverse the situation and I doubt the Germans would have been able to make their landings past opposition from the local populace, let alone the US military.

In any case, how would the US and Germany end up at war without any other countries being involved?[/quote]

Plus the American navy was far superior to the German Navy so…yea im sure the U boats would have been a pain but we did get over that. I see in no way that Germany could have made a cross atlantic landing successfully. Maybe if they went and duked it out on the moon you might have a point but that didnt happen and so… you pretty much dont have a point. :roll: