What went wrong in Russia?

Hey I seen the same thing… about German soldiers just falling over dead. THey didn’t know why until they flew in doctors or whatever to do the autipsies. Everything of course was kept hush hush about how bad conditions actually were to the German public.

But anyways… heres a link I posted in another section. Describes the German logistical nightmare they had in Russia… well… actually in the later years of WW2…

http://www.ospreypublishing.com/content2.php/cid=68

Canaris, polish forces under command of hetman Stefan Zolkiewski took Moscow in 1610 :slight_smile: It happend during so called “Wielka Smuta” (in polish). One of the pretenders to the russian throne was ivolved - False Dmitri II. As I said before, Poles had to withdraw after 2 years, when Russians organized an uprising against them.

More about that war:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Polish-Muscovite_War_(1605–1618)

Well, well. You learn something every day. That was ver intersting thanks Kovalski, sorry I doubted you.

Canaris, polish forces under command of hetman Stefan Zolkiewski took Moscow in 1610 It happend during so called “Wielka Smuta” (in polish). One of the pretenders to the russian throne was ivolved - False Dmitri II. As I said before, Poles had to withdraw after 2 years, when Russians organized an uprising against them.

That was new also for me. :roll:

I would say it’s for a plethora of reasons:

1. Refusal to pull back and re-group after Stalin’s counter-attack at Stalingrad.

2. Having to keep troops in France to defend from Britain and later America

3. Attacking in late June. Mussolini should have been told to go to hell.

4. Hitler getting frustrated with the lack of progress in both of the winters.

5. Wehrmacht’s general unpreparedness for the winter (the German government had to draft fur coats from women to send to the soldiers)

6. Russia’s superiority of tank manufacturing (God I love and hate the T-34)

7. Failure to take Leningrad.

8. Being outnumbered in almost (if not) every way.