Who hates Britain and the British?

Yes, got tha one - does that mean that I’m not a total Phillistine? :slight_smile:

Ali-G is not a piss-take of a black person, its a piss-take of a white person mimicing black culture.
The joke about him coming from the English town of Staines, is the fact that this town is about as white middle class as you can get.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ali_G

Boojacasha :stuck_out_tongue:

Sasha Cohen is a bit brilliant, definitely an Andy Kaufman streak in him. He’s also married to the beautiful Sheila-actress Isla Fisher (the crazy girl in “The Wedding Crashers”)…

Limies.

As we all know, Limies was a nickname given to English on account of the Royal Navy issuing its sailors with limes for their vitamin C content which prevents scurvy. However, lemons are better source of vitamin C and it was only due to nepotism (corruption) that the RN did not receive a lemon ration. Thus, they might have become known as Lemonies.

Limies Have Guts!

We drove into the tiny town of La Detinais, a sweet old stone village. . . . As we stood there talking in the lonely field a soldier in coveralls ran up breathlessly and almost shouted:

“Hey, there’s a man alive in one of those planes across the road! He’s been trapped there for days! . . .”

We ran to the wrecked British plane, lying there upside down, and dropped on our hands and knees and peeked through a tiny hole in the side.

A man lay on his back in the small space of the upside-down cockpit. His feet disappeared somewhere in the jumble of dials and rubber pedals above him. His shirt was open and his chest was bare to the waist. He was smoking a cigaret.

“Oh, Hello.” He turned his eyes toward me when I peeked in, and he said in a typical British manner of offhand friendliness, “Oh, hello.”

“Are you all right?” I asked, stupidly.

He answered, “Yes, quite. Now that you chaps are here.”

I asked him how long he had been trapped in the wrecked plane. He said he didn’t know for sure as he had got mixed up about the passage of time. But he did know the date of the month he was shot down. He told me the date. And I said out loud, “Good God!”

For, wounded and trapped, he had been lying there for eight days!

Cockpit to Prison. His left leg was broken and punctured by an ack-ack burst. His back was terribly burned by raw gasoline. The foot of his injured leg was pinned rigidly under the rudder bar.

His space was so small he couldn’t squirm around. He couldn’t see out of his little prison. He had not had a bite to eat or a drop of water. . . .

Yet when we found him his physical condition was strong, and his mind as calm and rational as though he were sitting in a London club. He was in agony, yet in his correct Oxford accent he even apologized for taking up our time to get him out.

The American soldiers of our rescue party cussed . . . with open admiration. . . . One of them said, “God, but.these Limies have got guts!”

It took us almost an hour to get him out. We don’t know whether he will live or not, but he has a chance. . . .

He was an R.A.F. flight lieutenant [Robert Gordon Lee] piloting a night fighter. Over a certain area the Germans began letting him have it from the ground with machine-gun fire. . . .

The plane’s belly hit the ground. . . . Then it flopped tail over nose, onto its back. The pilot was absolutely sealed into the upside-down cockpit. . . .

When they finally laid him tenderly onto the canvas litter and straightened his left leg you could see the tendons relax and his facial muscles subside, and he gave a long half-groan, half-sigh of relief.

And that was the one sound of human weakness uttered by that man of great courage in his hour of liberation.

http://www.time.com/time/magazine/article/0,9171,885683,00.html

Could someone please explain ‘Poms’ ?

Limes go much better with the gin and tonics…

Ali G thread?

I like fish and chips.
I like french fries.

i like the british, i served in egypt and iraq with some brit boys that were very cool, i couldnt stop them from laughing every time i said " Howdy, Y’all "

Yup. Now, who wants chips and/or crisps?

You guys made me hungry!

I luv the British. Without them there would be no Canada!. Unfortunately there is so little respect for the Queen. I mean, I am not fancied to her but I think we owe her some respect as the head of the empire. Long Live the Queen!

I like British people but on xbox live they piss me off most of the time :(, there always like Americans cant play xbox and then when we beat them they just call us a “hacker” and a “wanker” anyway most Americans make fun of British, i guess what goes around comes around right, i don’t because i like Brits.

The Brits also make the best comedy shows.i.e. Mr.Bean, Trading Places, Benny Hill,and otheres I can’t remember…it’s different type of humour than American. I luv it!

i hate the american goverment more than the brits goverment,
and they always been govy and funnier than any other
and herman2 is right about there comedy, very funny

whats wrong with this pic
why is her head too big for her body
correct me if im wrong

Big hair, head looking straight at the camera but body at an angle = optical illusion.

As a French citizen living in London for the past 11 years, I must say there are no reasons to hate the Brits.Although most have veered away from their capital,I have met some really nice people in proper England.As much as I am proud to be French,I would understand any citizen of the United Kingdom to be as proud if not more of being British.
I don’t like the NHS and the public transport though.Not enough to hate the country or its inhabitants.Wouldn’t stay in one foreign country if I hated it,now would I?
One thing I have noticed though despite our long history filled with wars,most Frenchmen do like the English and even more the Scots.But I did encounter some moronic comments about frogs from time to time from Englishmen.Not to worry ,due to level of intelligence of these people,I just ask when did England won the last Football(a subject they can understand) world cup and ask them when did my country did.That shut them up for a while.:wink:

The Auld Alliance, was an alliance between the Scots and French against the English, so one can appreciate your liking the Scots.

When France wins the Cricket World Cup, that will cause me to become really concerned :frowning:

When did France last win the Rugby World Cup? :wink:

England in the Rugby World Cup Final – and France hung out to dry

I should have had a good brag about this well before now, but at least the delay has given the Guardian the time to translate the comments in the French and Australian sporting press about it all – it all being the fact that, last Sunday morning London time, England beat France 24-7 in the second semi-final of the Rugby World Cup, in Sydney, and are through to next Saturday’s Final against Australia.

This was something of a surprise to some, and some included me. France had looked terrific all through the early rounds, while England had stuttered against lowlier opposition. But when it came to le crunch England were up for it and France crumpled.

The twin nemeses of France were the two Ws, the Weather, and Wilkinson.

After a warm and sunny week during which the French practised their fluent running and passing game, the actual game was played at a far lower temperature and in drenching rain and horribly gusting wind. As Le Parisien put it (translated for the Guardian):

Repeated errors, lack of control, appaling place kicking - on D Day, les Bleus blew it. We will no doubt be speaking for years to come of the dreadful weather that accompanied this match but it alone cannot exonerate the French team. In the pouring rain, the wretched English hung us out to dry.

France found themselves relying far more than they would have wanted on the kicking, in open play and at goal, of their young fly half Frédéric Michalak, who until Sunday could do no wrong. But on Sunday, he managed just two points, when he converted an early French try, and he then went on to miss four kicks at goal. His tactical kicking in open play was, if anything, ever more disappointing. Often French kicks that were supposed to be straight ahead, instead went straight up in the air…

Frog is a term of endearment we English use for French people. When in Folkstone, as a teenager, I had French girlfriend whom I used to call Frog. She said I was silly and should say Crappo…anything to further improve cross-channel relations. :slight_smile:

go and get some thing too eat:D