World Football topic.

Congratulation, wich was the final encounter ?

POLAND 2:0 BELGIUM

http://www.uefa.com/live/competitions/euro/matchday=17/day=1/match=83801/index.html

Although there is one more game to play, we got already in :slight_smile:

Thanks, By the way I have no time to watch the game results today, did England classified or did not ?

Not yet, but as the Russia’s lost to Israel, English still got the chance.

Russia lost to Israel ? :shock:

Our dear Chevan must be a very inflammated person right now.

Scotland lost to Italy after a fine game in which they tried their best. So Scotland dont go through to the finals and Italy and France do.

Hopefully, England will now qualify so that we have a British team there, fingers crossed for Wednesday.

Yea , I saw that encounter, the italian attacker slides and Mejuto Gonzalez take that as fault…from the free kick come the second italian goal, shameful.

Yesterday match valid for qualifing WC 2010.

Argentina 3- Bolivia 0

Agüero 1 goal and Riquelme 2 more.

http://es.youtube.com/watch?v=MiCvOjkF1ZU

I actually predicted an outcome (positive for the italians) by dubious referee decision. It’s hardly unprecedented when italians are involved.
If any employee would make as many mistakes as professional football referees he would be fired in a minute and many of those mistakes are so obvious that the ref or his assistants cannot seriously claim “didn’t see it that way”. My personal guess is, that there are more match fixes in pro football than epo users at the tour de france (percentage based).

Well, the Italians always play “a little dirty” not too much but enough to win, before the last year world cup some first category teams go to the B league for “fixing” encounters.

Begining from that fact, everything smell suspicius to me when Italy plays. :rolleyes:

Well, referees decision is final. But Scotland made the Italians look like just another side and not the World Champions so I am proud of my team. We have gone from 65 to 16 in the world rankings and for the 1st time will be seeded in next weeks World Cup draw. Which means that we will have a chance as we wont be drawn with two teams like France and Italy again. So hopefully we will be at the next Cup!

Also hopefully England will get through and so will Norther Ireland, it will be good to have some UK participation in the Euro Cup.

Ah, yes, won’t be such a sweet victory for the Nationalmannschaft if we don’t beat the three lions in a penalty shootout before :mrgreen:

Well, referees decision is final

It does, but not the most fair one.

Last night was “dark” for Argentina 1- 2 vs Columbia. :rolleyes:

Nice Messi goal tough

By the way I just saw the match between England and Croatia…my congratulation to the croatians and Russian members for his clasification to the Euro cup.

Well Panzerknacker really i was little inflammated but not a much coz i clearly know the Russian footboll command playes so unstable: they could win the France or Britain but in next game could lost with the weak command like Andorra;)
This is a tupical situation for our invalid retards:)

Croatia-England:3-2
Yes , it has heppend.
Britain do NOT GOES to the Euro 2008.
La …LA …La…
It so sadly , poor Britains:D :D:D
They were so happy when Russia lost to Isreal.:wink:
Even have tryed to remind the Jews about “supprestions in the USSR” before the game:)
Now they have got that they really deserve:)
Croatia forever…:slight_smile:

Guess we have to look for other victims then :wink:

It so sadly , poor Britains:D :D:D
They were so happy when Russia lost to Isreal

:rolleyes: I dont know why but yon dont sound so sad after all.

I/m no so happy indeed.
Instead one of the world strongest football command of England to the Euro goes the our cripples.
BEt they will be kick out after one-two games in Euro;):slight_smile:

Well…the Englander team always remember me the Spain team, formidable in the paper, a lot of promises but no results.

Fabio Capello England glory will cost FA
By Henry Winter

Last Updated: 8:10pm GMT 15/12/2007

Fabio Capello’s mother believes it will be “a bit difficult” for her famous son to guide England to glory at the 2010 World Cup but his new Football Association employers clearly differ. As well as a basic salary starting at £4.8 million a year and rising sharply, Capello is on a multi-million-pound bonus to turn players who struggled to conquer Andorra last season into world-beaters within 800 days.

England’s Capello called ‘two-faced’ | Capello: I want respect, but not by fear

FA insiders argue that Capello’s remuneration is competitive for the “world-class” coach the organisation craved after the dog-days of Steve McClaren. Capello’s starting salary is less than Sven-Goran Eriksson earned with England, but it spirals markedly upwards and will cost the FA £26 million if the Italian stays until Euro 2012, averaging around £6 million a year. The deal agreed between Capello and the FA, which led to his appointment as England’s head coach at 5pm last night, has a 10-day cooling-off period after the World Cup when either party can walk away. If Capello proves a failure on the road to Johannesburg, the FA can cut their losses easily.
[](javascript:newWindow(‘http://link.brightcove.com/services/link/bcpid1138275681/bclid1318910527/bctid1343247659’,‘Brightcove’,'menubar=no,width=924,height=710,scrollbars=no’))[FA confirms appointment](javascript:newWindow(‘http://link.brightcove.com/services/link/bcpid1138275681/bclid1318910527/bctid1343247659’,‘Brightcove’,'menubar=no,width=924,height=710,scrollbars=no’))According to Soho Square sources, on top of this £26 million package are the salaries for his all-Italian back-room staff. The FA will pay £1.5 million a year in combined wages to Capello’s assistants, Franco Baldini and Italo Galbiati, his goalkeeping coach, Franco Tancredi, and the fitness coach Massimo Neri. On top of that are generous bonuses for qualifying, reaching the semi-finals and winning a trophy. If England prosper under Capello at the 2010 World Cup and Euro 2012, the total cost to the FA could touch £40 million, which the governing body of the English game will insist is a justified outlay.
First he has much work to do, beginning on Jan 7 when he assumes office. For such handsome remuneration, Capello must bring tactical discipline to the England side, solve the Steven Gerrard-Frank Lampard conundrum, instil confidence in a goalkeeper, and find the ideal striker to spearhead his preferred 4-2-3-1 formation.
The Fab Controller, as Capello has been dubbed, comes with a reputation for turning raw material into a durable unit capable of sustained prominence.
“Fabio is a winner,” said the FA’s chief executive, Brian Barwick, who still hopes Capello will include an Englishman on his staff. Stuart Pearce is expected to stick with the Under-21s; other names possibly in the frame to learn under Capello include Alan Shearer, Tony Adams, David Platt and even Aidy Boothroyd.
Dino Zoff: Capello will grab chances to win | [In pics: Capello’s career](javascript:var newWin=window.open(’/core/Slideshow/slideshowContentFrameFragXL.jhtml;jsessionidAAU3YUYWYSN5TQFIQMFCFFOAVCBQYIV0?xml=/sport/gallery/football/capello/upixeng.xml&site=Sport’,‘Slideshow’,‘height=570,width=750,resizable’))
Jim White: Capello’s mum says he can forget privacy
The men who will work with Fabio Capello
Clearly a class act, Capello deserves every chance to succeed, a point made by Sir Alex Ferguson yesterday.
“Hopefully, he gets the support he needs,” the Manchester United manager said. “It is not going to be an easy job. There is a tremendous pressure on the English coach, which Fabio will understand when he is two minutes into the job. The national team manager should be experienced, have a good CV, a presence and be the right age. Fabio Capello has all those things. He will command the respect of the players.”

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/main.jhtml?xml=/sport/2007/12/15/sfneng115.xml