World Football topic.

The battle against argentina, very nice documentry of all the encounters between England and Argentina.
:cool:

http://www.stage6.com/user/krugerkawasaki/video/2041340/The-Battle-of-Argentina

Guys, you know usially i don’t watch the games of our cripples( want to save my nerves) but sometimes they might do an REALLY amazing things.
The one of such wonderfull things is the game of the St. Petersburg team “Zenith”.
Yerstarday they’ve won the UEFA CUP in very fascinating game in …Scotland.
“Zenith” - “Glasgo Raingers” : 2-0
What a nice surprise:) and the excellent reason for the Piter’s fans:)
How i do envy to them now.
But the more amazing was the previous game of Zenith in Leningrad:)
Zenith- Bavaria : 4-0
POOR Germans…:slight_smile:
The one of the best football club of the world has been crushed with shame…:slight_smile:
Now the Zenith is the second Russian club in history, winner of UEFA.Viva Zenith…

Happens occasionally in the german cup as well. Happens when you don’t respect your opponent and take them lightly, like Getafe, it was a shame bayern managed to luck their way into the semifinal at all, 110 mins against just 10 and the spanish were the better team. I’d rather have seen Getafe vs. Petersburg. You won’t see too many germans unhappy they lost, though, they’re generally not very well liked here.

My congratulations to the ruskies. Funny thing… there was an argentine flag waving in the awarding ceremony, I have no idea that was some argie playing for the Zenith.

Well, they just crushed the Rangers. Well-deserved victory!

Champions League final: Chelsea pay penalty as Drogba loses plot against Manchester

Manchester United (1) 1 Chelsea (1) 1
Aet: 1-1; Manchester United win 6-5 on pens
Manchester United painted the Russian capital red, sending their fans partying into Red Square, after an absorbing, draining collision between English heavyweights here. The red theme intensified with a vengeance with Didier Drogba’s dismissal for slapping Nemanja Vidic before United prevailed on penalties.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/main.jhtml?xml=/sport/2008/05/22/sfgman422.xml

Good Match !! :cool:

Manchester United - Champions of Europe! :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

How can a coach with a sane mind choose a member (and captain) of the british national team to score a decisive penalty. :mrgreen:

Pass!

Try asking Sir Alex. :mrgreen:

Never guessed you such a BIG football fan:D

How can a coach with a sane mind choose a member (and captain) of the british national team to score a decisive penalty

Well, not everybody have a Tevez on his team. :mrgreen:

Weren’t you watching the match ?
Chelsea lost because a member of the French national team failed to score a penalty

No UEFA cup, no SPL championship… :wink:
http://www.rte.ie/sport/soccer/2008/0522/aberdeen_rangers.html

USA vs. Argentina Officially Announced for June 8

March 27th, 2008 | By: [b]Carter Daly[/b] | 6 Comments »

The long anticipated announcement of the USA vs. Argentina friendly slated for June 8 at Giants stadium was finally announced today.
This friendly will cap off what is shaping up to be an amazingly challenging friendly schedule for Bob Bradley’s boys who are preparing for the start of World Cup Qualifying.

After waxing Poland on set pieces 3-0 Wednesday, the USA Men’s National team looks ahead towards friendly matches in England, Spain, and back home for Argentina.
Suddenly I don’t hear the groans about the American’s cupcake friendly schedule.

This upcoming schedule of world powers was a sharp move by the federation; as all three of these teams are a thousand times stronger than anything the Americans will see in qualifying, save for maybe Mexico. But, we have seen how they have fared in qualifying tourneys recently.
By the way, the new USA away kit might be the nicest in the history. Just thought I’d throw that in.

http://usa.worldcupblog.org/friendly/usa-vs-argentina-officially-announced-for-june-8.html

Does anybody feel qualified enough to risk a score ?

I do, Argentina 3-1 :mrgreen:

I’m calling for a 0-0 tie as both teams die of exhaustion…

Lol, he wouldn’t even have had to shoot if it wasn’t for Terry. And concerning the frenchman, when he stepped forward you could see by a look on his face that he’d miss.

The USA lost to England 2-0 last night, and while they were good hard working players they didn’t show anything that would have scared Argentina too much.
I agree with Panzerknacker in a 3-1 scoreline to Argentina

ps; knowing my skill at picking winners that probably means it will be 6-0 to the USA :wink:

I have my moments! :wink:

32 Bravo - I have my moments!

But last night wasn’t one of them - yawn!!! :neutral:

Looking forward to England V the Trin-bagians! :smiley:

If the USA team have won the Poland:)
They could wax a Russia…
But who know - will our teams play ?

Does anybody feel qualified enough to risk a score ?

I do, Argentina 3-1 :mrgreen:

3-0.:shock: