World Football topic.

Too bad for England the she didnt make it to the Eurocup, I ll prefer to see that team in my tv than those anoyying east european countries.

Well, the Angles and Saxons were from what is now a part of modern Germany.

I’m afraid my limited interest in scoccer is based on national pride (and hometown pride in the international arena), so I guess I’ll give it a miss.

If somebody want to see some real footbal, tonigh 21:55 US eastern time Argentina-Mexico.

Nice of you to say that, but if England can’t beat those ‘annoying eastern European’ countries, we really don’t deserve to be in the tournament :frowning:

Originally Posted by Panzerknacker
Too bad for England the she didnt make it to the Eurocup, I ll prefer to see that team in my tv than those anoyying east european countries.

Ahh, come on, you two. This ‘friendship week’ is beginning to make me feel nauseus. :slight_smile:

Nice of you to say that, but if England can’t beat those ‘annoying eastern European’ countries, we really don’t deserve to be in the tournament

Wich is quite logic, but Let me put in this way, I prefer to see England than Turkey disputing a Eurocup, period.

PK, what is so annoying in Eastern-european football?:smiley:

I am not talking about Poland in particular but the former Yogoeslavia countries, the ones separated from USSR and the so called “European” Turkey. The annoying part is that countries occupied places for qualification and in some cases they cualified actually for important cups and achieved nothing.

And I am back to the England case…to have a Eurocup or even a World cup without the most classic and historical footbal powers ( and I am not saying Britannia is a world Power in football today, she clearly isnt) is boring, and somewhat discouraging…unless you are from Turkey or Moldavia.

Does anybody is fancy to see a World Cup without Brazil or Argentina…? that is my case.

In my opinion, these “powers” are not playing in Euro or World Cup, because they simply don’t deserve it. And I cannot see anything wrong if other countries without any successes in football will try and do their best.
And what about the Champions League?
We have to watch still all the same gigantic clubs which posses fortunes.
Any other clubs from minor countries without milions in the bank don’t have a chance to compete with them.

Maybe the Euro and World Cup is the only opportunity to provide such chance to supporters and players from these countries?

P.S. Personally, I’m fed up with watching Brazil winning all the time :wink:

Obviously they dont deserveit if they didnt reach a good level of points, the mathematics is fair enough.

“And what about the Champions League?We have to watch still all the same gigantic clubs which posses fortunes”

I think that is a multinational display, not only from the country wich is the Club from, I mean look at Arsenal FC. 90 % of the players are foreigners.By the way we destroyed the tortilla eaters last night.

http://www.latimes.com/sports/la-sp-mexico5-2008jun05,0,7007602.story?track=rss

Hehe, check this video some non-argentine guys going crazy for the Messi goal (2-0) , nuts. :smiley:

http://es.youtube.com/watch?v=JPfvFx7oRX0

It appears that one of those Eastern European countries is ‘annoying’ the Germans at the moment :wink:
http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/europe/euro-2008-poland-and-germany-go-to-war-again-but-this-time-the-poles-started-it-842094.html

There is a proverb in germany: I’ll try to translate it. What does it matter to the german oak, if the boar scratches its hide on it.
The unbelievably big inferiority complex the polish continuously display towards us is actually quite amusing. I don’t even understand why someone complained about the pix, seems typically politician, jumping at every opportunity to say something. Like the article said, we should be used to it by the dutch and english :mrgreen:

Suddenly so many people seem to care what bullshit tabloids write :wink:

It reminds me a history of german newspaper describing polish president and prime minister as “potatoes” - only the idiots were outraged.

Honestly, I don’t care. I just want to watch a good game tomorrow and hope none of the players gets injuried like Alexander Frey today.

Pozdrawiam,
Kovalski

Today I saw Czech Republic vs Austria, BIG mistake,what a boring match.

I assume you seen Chech Republic vs Switzerland

I know in England, Roger is a VERB as well as a name…(as in “I am completely Rogered”

I assume you seen Chech Republic vs Switzerland

You assume right, too much drink while watching the match, no good,
:smiley:

today Deutschland 2 - Polska 0, Croatia 1 Austria 0 ( Austria deserves a little more in my opinion)

Ah… I forgot Argentina 0 USA 0, yet another bad bad encounter.

Austria played well, but if even they had played for another couple of hours I don’t think they would have scored.
The annoying part of the match was watching Croatia play…how on earth did they beat us :shock:

Ah… I forgot Argentina 0 USA 0, yet another bad bad encounter.

I told you I’d put the jink on you, saying you’d win 3-1 :wink:

Sorry about that :oops:

Czech Republic 1-3 Portugal.

I really expected more from Czechs.

Switzerland 1-2 Turkey.

Hammering rain, and deadly shot by Turkey in added time.

Tomorrow:
Germany-Croatia
Austria-Poland