World War related bickering

Rot, I suggest you read the vicious anti-French vitriol on US sites such as Military.com or consider such pathetic concepts as “Freedom Fries” or the “French” restaurants that were vandalised back in 2003 (merely because they were named “French” - most owners were American).
None of this was like the “bantering” cross-channel rivalry between England and France, it was evidence of a deep visceral hatred on the part of a significant number of Americans.

i know that why there is white house
in the 1812 war, canadian and english troops conquered washington and burn the government building into black
the government rebuild the building in white and swear it would never happen again

And indeed they have ensured it hasn’t happened again - the US has never since tried to invade and annex Canada!

Sweet!
Can you please take a look at my topic for Greece in WWII and maybe make corrections?

Sweet!
Can you please take a look at my topic for Greece in WWII and maybe make corrections?[/quote]

i wrote something bad in the topic? , sorry

FREEDOM?
ARE YOU SERIOUS???

[quote=“Bladensburg”]

Rot, I suggest you read the vicious anti-French vitriol on US sites such as Military.com or consider such pathetic concepts as “Freedom Fries” or the “French” restaurants that were vandalised back in 2003 (merely because they were named “French” - most owners were American).
None of this was like the “bantering” cross-channel rivalry between England and France, it was evidence of a deep visceral hatred on the part of a significant number of Americans.[/quote]

If you expect the US to get warm and cuddly about the French considering the volume of anti-Americanism they spew, then you are a simpleton. The same could be said of the British.

Call Blair and ask him to pull Britain’s troops out of Iraq. :lol:

you must know that anti americanism is a myth created by politics or other important people who never liked usa,because it`s the country with the biggest power in the world.

the people believes that fucking stuff of americans are the enemies because they`re masses of shit without mind,they believe everything when the guy in the top (the man who commands all stupids) says it.

in my case,as an argentinian,my country simpatizes with you,we never had problems with usa,i think youre very worker and intelligent people,wanting to make better their country,and thats invaluable.

Never think the same as others,because they think that.

everybody must have their own conclutions.

I take it you mean whining ?

[quote=“Bladensburg”]

None of this was like the “bantering” cross-channel rivalry between England and France, it was evidence of a deep visceral hatred on the part of a significant number of Americans.[/quote]

Is that anything like the tons of anti-Americanism spewed by the british ragbloids on a daily basis? :lol:

That is true I believe, but I think it was only partially destroyed in the fire. Then we kicked them out of our country and told them not to try it again. They haven’t. :wink:

And indeed they have ensured it hasn’t happened again - the US has never since tried to invade and annex Canada![/quote]

Boy, you have lost all touch with reality. Your flaming farts are not going to be believed by anyone. :lol:

That is true I believe, but I think it was only partially destroyed in the fire. Then we kicked them out of our country and told them not to try it again. They haven’t. :wink:

And indeed they have ensured it hasn’t happened again - the US has never since tried to invade and annex Canada![/quote]

Boy, you have lost all touch with reality. Your flaming farts are not going to be believed by anyone. :lol:[/quote]

The Canadians werent really involved in burning the White House. The British troops that did it had there ass kicked by god and then lost there favorite leader to the Americans. It was nearly burnt to the ground … all that remained was the super structure.

FREEDOM?
ARE YOU SERIOUS???
[/quote]

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Very wise indeed. The blather is just bullshot based on arrogance and jealousy. If they were American, they would see how unworthy of it Americans are and that it only makes them look bad. But alas, the British are a stubborned people. Even if it makes themselves look bad, they simply must fulfill their compulsion to verbalize their disdain for America.

Our favourite commander was in Belgium battering the French in 1815 :wink:

Boy, you have lost all touch with reality. Your flaming farts are not going to be believed by anyone. :lol:[/quote]

The Canadians werent really involved in burning the White House. The British troops that did it had there ass kicked by god and then lost there favorite leader to the Americans. It was nearly burnt to the ground … all that remained was the super structure.[/quote]
Indeedy, but the British troops were invading the US due to the US attack on Canada.
Remember the war of 1812 was started by the US, with the intention of:

1. Preventing the RN from taking deserters hiding in US ships
  2. “Liberating” Canada (remember the US at the time still believed in “manifest destiny”).
    It failed in both, and in the Peace of Ghent (signed before the battle of New Orleans) the US recognised the status quo ante as the basis for a permenant peace.

The Canadians werent really involved in burning the White House. The British troops that did it had there ass kicked by god and then lost there favorite leader to the Americans. It was nearly burnt to the ground … all that remained was the super structure.[/quote]
Indeedy, but the British troops were invading the US due to the US attack on Canada.
Remember the war of 1812 was started by the US, with the intention of:

1. Preventing the RN from taking deserters hiding in US ships
  2. “Liberating” Canada (remember the US at the time still believed in “manifest destiny”).
    It failed in both, and in the Peace of Ghent (signed before the battle of New Orleans) the US recognised the status quo ante as the basis for a permenant peace.[/quote]

The British burning of the White House was not to stop the US from invading Canada. It was an attempt to demoralize the Americans.

Indeedy. The war of 1812 was fought to stop the US invading Canada, burning the White House was just a bit of fun as part of the war.

Definately worked though!

Did not the GOC finish off the very nice dinner that the president did not have time to finish?