World War related bickering

Pah! It’s our language so we English are allowed to put what we like in it. If you can’t keep up with it, invent your own!

<besides, English has been continually adding words since at least Anglo-Saxon times, so whingeing about not being able to understand “slang” is dumb - the very language is composed of it.>[/quote]

the english is the most popular languague,because,first,it was the easyest languague to learn (i studied 2 months of english,and i can talk a little english in this forum) ,and then,it was the most talked languague,so people learns it because it`s usefull.

i dont like english,but im obligated to learn it,because its necesary and important.
the spanish is the second most talked languague,am i right?

That is correct.

Well I believe Mandarin is quite popular !

But if the number of Spanish speakers is taken as the criterion then I believe that it comes in before English.

It gets a little complicated when primary & secondary languages are taken into account, for an easy explanation see here:

http://www2.ignatius.edu/faculty/turner/languages.htm

Edited once to add the link, a second time to add this comment !

really? :expressionless:

really? :|[/quote]
at least 60 million people are speaking it (including me), of course its popular, haha

Cuts in mentioning Mandarin where you refering to Ironmans nemisis circa 1960’s DC comics

Boy, your underwear must be too tight. :stuck_out_tongue:

Irinman back in the 1960’s we did’nt have MOH we had comics. They are fond remembered things of childhood, I didn’t learn anything of value from them and don’t quote them as a basis for argument. I did role one up and hit my sister with one but it did’nt make ot an assault weapon. Oh and by the by I prefer to go commando.

Just curious Erwin but apart from your obvious political “issues” why don’t you like English?

i dont like the sound of talking english,the voices sound like talking when youre eating :lol: ,the english is universal,i want a closer languague,because i don`t want the others to understand my conversation,when i want a private conversation.

i like english more than spanish in writted version,so,i like writing in english and talking in spanish.

political issues?,we never had political conflicts with a “languague”.only with countries.

I think I got the impression from the way that you phrased your statement. I’ve recently had to listen to a couple of Americans whinging on about how much they hate French because France has taken a dislike to GWB so I’m probably jumping to conclusions.

Oh BTW if English sound like you’re talking with your mouth full you need to work on your pronounciation and avoid trying to copy American or Australian accents :twisted: . Mind you a lot of Spanish speakers sound to me like they’re trying to talk with their back-teeth wired together. :twisted:

Im talking about english from the movies,no about english talked by spanish speakers.

i don`t like the australian english,my favourite english is the american english.

-…

At least it is not based on hypocricy like the anti-American spittle coming from the British. Talk about whineing.

At least it is not based on hypocricy like the anti-American spittle coming from the British. Talk about whineing.[/quote]

It is based on hypocrisy you halfwit, if it’s acceptable for Americans to hate France and French because of the actions of the French government then it would be hypocritical to criticise anyone else for despising Americans because of the actions of the American government.

Ironman wrote :

He meant to complain, not to express great physical discomfort. So he meant “whining”, not “whingeing”.

whine

• noun 1 a long, high-pitched complaining cry. 2 a long, high-pitched unpleasant sound. 3 a feeble or petulant complaint.
• verb 1 give or make a whine. 2 complain in a feeble or petulant way
— ORIGIN Old English, whistle through the air; related to WHINGE.

whinge

[i]Brit. informal

• verb (whingeing) complain persistently and peevishly.

• noun an act of whingeing.

— DERIVATIVES whinger noun.

— ORIGIN Old English.[/i]

At least it is not based on hypocricy like the anti-American spittle coming from the British. Talk about whineing.[/quote]

It is based on hypocrisy you halfwit, if it’s acceptable for Americans to hate France and French because of the actions of the French government then it would be hypocritical to criticise anyone else for despising Americans because of the actions of the American government.[/quote]

reiver,

Americans don’t hate anyone. Threy are the subject of hate because of jealousy and arrogance. We are, however, pretty dismayed with the Frenchies because they constantly blather anti-Americanism.

Stop whineing.

It is based on hypocrisy you halfwit, if it’s acceptable for Americans to hate France and French because of the actions of the French government then it would be hypocritical to criticise anyone else for despising Americans because of the actions of the American government.[/quote]

reiver,

Americans don’t hate anyone. Threy are the subject of hate because of jealousy and arrogance. We are, however, pretty dismayed with the Frenchies because they constantly blather anti-Americanism.[/quote]

Please get it through your head, Ironman, I am me, just me.
Not General Sandworm, not Bladensburg, not anyone else on this forum.
I have ONE account, one log in name, and this is it.
If Bladensburg or anyone else posts in response to a post of yours, please reply to him, not me.