Your Favorite Fighter?

I think the 1st test flights of the ME-262 were in late 42. Just think if they had really thrown the resources into that project and had production rolling on them. You could have seen a decent amount in the skyes in late 43 or early 44. That would have made a major difference.

ya it would, they would practically rule the skies. However the British did have the first Allied jet aircraft in WW2 called the Gloster Meteor. It entered service some time in 1944, and was used to combat the V-1 flying bomb. Later on it was used to counter Me-262s, but there is no record of the two planes meeting in combat. Of course if the Germans stepped up research and got the plane out in 1943 there will be no one to match the speed with that of the 262. The Griffon engined spitfire only entered service in 1944.

The problem with the 262 coming into service was that hitler wanted it to be a bomber rather than a fighter so production was held up whilst that was addressed otherwise it may well have neded differently

A fighter or a bomber…it still would have been a major problem if they would have mass produced it sooner. This plane alone … I dont feel it would have won the war but would have made lots of trouble. Massive manpower defeated the Germans. But whatever the Me-262 was a hell of a plane. Imagine if they had enough experienced pilots to fly them. :expressionless:

My point was that if they had been allowed to develop it as a fighter then they probably would have had large numbers available.

most of the post are post by three of us, south africa military, general sandworm and me (FW-190 Pilot), i think it would be much better if current members can post more often, for example, the entire japanese section is post by me only, no body else start a new thread in there. so my point is your contribution is gold to this forum, please post more often then you are now, and of course, look for quality post not quantity (thats what i try to do too)

Good point FW-190. The site is growing well. I try to start new topics that might help draw more people in. So if you can think of any please start one. Just make sure that they are useful and not redundent.

but i see the SS troops are very crazy about their nazi germany, maybe they are willing to sarafice themselves?

IMO if you talk about the willingness of the SS to fight hardly (remember that they took part in many bloody battles) you could call it sacrifice.
Also I think that SS had to prove that they were even better than the old SA troops.

IMO if you talk about the willingness of the SS to fight hardly (remember that they took part in many bloody battles) you could call it sacrifice.
Also I think that SS had to prove that they were even better than the old SA troops.[/quote]

Im kinoff confused by your last post Dani, are you reffering to SS troops in N Africa?

but i see the SS troops are very crazy about their nazi germany, maybe they are willing to sarafice themselves?[/quote]

Did the SS serve in the Air force?

Waffen-SS was thought as a 4th branch of the Wehrmacht (the other: Heer=Army, Luftwaffe=Air Force, Kriegsmarine=Navy)

Ok, so unless you train the SS troops to fly, they would be pretty useless in suicide attacks, which even for Germany would probably be a big waste of planes.

Ok, so unless you train the SS troops to fly, they would be pretty useless in suicide attacks, which even for Germany would probably be a big waste of planes.[/quote]
i heard those trainning to suicide attack takes about a week

yes,the waffen SS had more courage,but lufftwaffe had courage too,for example when they flighted in the aircraft/rocket (I don`t remeber it name) but it had incredible speeds.

http://www.worldwar2.ro/arr/?article=749

Dornier 335 Pfeil!
The fastest piston engine fighter of the war.

My favorite German fighter is either the Focke-Wulf FW-190 or the Messerschimtt Bf-190

Hmm, the Messerschmitt Bf-190 is a new one on me, could you post some info, particuarly how it´s different from the Bf-109?

Hmm, the Messerschmitt Bf-190 is a new one on me, could you post some info, particuarly how it´s different from the Bf-109?[/quote]

Sorry, I screwed up, it was supposed to be 109 instead of 190 :oops: