Comments

Its anyone should have some comments about awards please post thems here.

I WANT A MEDAL FOR GENERAL SANDWORM!

Well the medals are really for the members of the site. I would feel kinda weird giving myself medals. But when i grant one. You deserve it.

ok, know how are you going to feel,but im recommending you.

Actually I find the idea about awards a bit silly. We are not the military, we are only a discussion forum (BTW, for me the same applies to ranks).

Jan

Jan,the idea of awards is for attracting people,making more interesting the forum,and helping to the rank,and too,when you are a more condecorated or higher rank,you will have priviliges if you`re important,you can be a moderator if your actitude is very good,it depends on our admin.

some members in this forums are or were part of the military.

I have to say, I agree with you Jan. That’s one of the reasons I haven’t put the Administrator’s Citation Medal or the Outstanding Site Service Medal in my signature, even though everyone agrees I clearly deserve them.

I suppose it will work as a thankyou to people who have put hard work into the site as long as no one takes it too seriously.

Jan,the idea of awards is for attracting people,making more interesting the forum,and helping to the rank,and too,when you are a more condecorated or higher rank,you will have priviliges if you`re important,you can be a moderator if your actitude is very good,it depends on our admin.

some members in this forums are or were part of the military.[/quote]

I know that quite a few were or are in the military. This is why I distinguish this site FROM the military. There are some guys here who think because they are good at playing Call of Duty, they are like real soldiers.

Jan

some members in this forums are or were part of the military.[/quote]

I know that quite a few were or are in the military. This is why I distinguish this site FROM the military. There are some guys here who think because they are good at playing Call of Duty, they are like real soldiers.

Jan[/quote]
:lol: lol,that´s true jan,im going to reply the same as crab:

I suppose it will work as a thankyou to people who have put hard work into the site as long as no one takes it too seriously.

I’m afraid I agree with Walther - the idea is fundamentally un-British, and very brown-nosey.

hey sergeant majors!,recommend a member! :slight_smile:

Well, if we are all going to have medals, I think I’ll have one too:

gen sandworm,rules:

If you post one of these in your signature that you did not earn you will
lose the ability to have an avatar and issued 2 formal warnings.

no,we aren´t going to have all medals.
take care,you don´t want to be warned,no?

I recommend everybody to read anouncements and rules.

The picture doesn’t seem to work - how do you post pictures?

EDIT: Pic seems fine now.

Howsabout I recommend myself for the ARRSE Cyprus medal:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Seriously, guys, this is very very silly. Especially getting all het up & threatening people with sanctions for displaying ribbons they were not awarded.

You aren´t obligated to have a medal,if you don´t like them,don´t accept them

man of stoat,i must congratulate you for your promotion to seargent major.

Well said Erwin. Is there an award for ‘gentle stirring to amuse other site members’?

gen sandworm,rules:

If you post one of these in your signature that you did not earn you will
lose the ability to have an avatar and issued 2 formal warnings.

no,we aren´t going to have all medals.
take care,you don´t want to be warned,no?[/quote]

I was making a small joke - the ribbon depicted is a real medal (Op Telic). It should also have a rosette but I couldn’t find a picture with it.