FIFA World Cup

Um YAAA, cause the Germany chicks are hot!..no wonder they have German girl friends with them high cheekbones and blue eyes…sigh…

I hope to be able to watch Germany v. USA tonight. I also hope that somebody - accidentally or otherwise - scores an early goal. Then, all bets (if any) will be off.
Argentina were pretty good to watch last night - but one would have to wonder a bit about their defence. Also, perhaps a bit too dependent on Messi. The Nigerian attack, it has to be said, looked pretty good. The goal-fest continues. One of our soccer pundits suggests that this is a poor World Cup from a “technical” standpoint. Who cares ? Best regards, JR.

Five of the U.S. National Team members are German-American and some others play in the German professional league, so it goes without saying they’re going to meet hot women…

Still no clear favourite for the title visible to me…
Brazil minus Neymar = 0
Argentina minus Messi = -0

Aren’t Slavic women known for this…?

First of all, don’t you think that the Germans were playing Katze and Mouse with the Americans? Why did they pull Podolski off after such a short round and why the Hell did Schweinsteiger get so many trips(poor guy). I am still waiting for Ozil to get a goal. Go Muller Go!!!

Nope, the German team was technically superior - as expected. The US team however turned out to be inconvenient, physically strong opponent they are known as. A tight victory for Germany was my guess too.

I have to say that I am not entirely convinced by anybody at this stage. Further surprises are distinctly possible. At this stage, Germany and Netherlands are pretty impressive. Brazil still need to up a few gears. BTW - what is going on with Cameroon ? “7 rotten apples ?”. One would have to wonder what the rest of the barrel is like. One could be forgiven for thinking that this “match fixing” allegation has more to do with the Cameroon Football Association’s dispute with the players over payments, etc. than with any reality. On the other hand - it could be both ! Yours from a gambling den, somewhere in Thailand, JR.

I was surprised to find that the Duchy of Grand Fenwick did not place well.

:wink:Flag_grand_fenwick.gif

Grand Fenwick ? Probably would have had difficulty in deciding which goal to kick into … Notice the flag of Grand Fenwick - “Aye” one way, “Nay” the other ! Best regards, JR.

It may have something to do with the Wine they make there…

Tomorrow Germany at Semi Finals. Go Ozil Go!!!yeaaaa!!!

I just can’t see why you keep hailing the worst player in the entire German squad…if Löw would have the balls he’d leave him out of the match tomorrow.

Looking forward to Brazil v. Germany tonight. Last time out, Brazil played a bit like the Argentinian or Uruguayan sides of old - kickers and choppers. So different from the first World Cup which I remember - Mexico, 1970. Now THAT was a Brazilian side (Pelé, Tostao, Jairzinho et al). The fact that they had a daft goalkeeper and a slightly dodgy defence did not matter - their opponents had far too much difficulty dealing with the midfield and striking force to exploit these weaknesses. I take Germany to win tonight - but I would be surprised to see many goals. And, on recent evidence, the Germans would want to watch their shins … Best regards, JR.

Well, it’s 5:0 to Germany at half time so some of those predictions are looking a little off-target :wink:

Well, Germany managed to hold on after withstanding the Brazilian storm :mrgreen:

//youtu.be/b8Shi6Q1zSI

Ein Bierstiefel wäre besser gewesen.

Well, I know Brazil wear yellow - but I was not expecting Case Yellow … JR.

It may have something to do with the Wine they make there…

Ah yes - Pinot Grand Fenwick. Pure rocket fuel - I think Germany must have been on it last night … JR.