Infantry antitank weapons.

It was designed to detonate immediately on impact.

Off course, is the only way to make the HEAT warhead effective.

More AT dogs marching to their sad destiny, Kursk 1943.

If you watch the training they use to throw those it’s not quite as bad as it seems. Generally the trick is to camouflage a hole and pop up to throw the grenade when you are in the tank’s blind spot. There were other creative ways to use them as well, such as dropping them out of a window.

Yep, but tanks go together with infantry… so your hero is “popping up” …
and receiving bullet from infantry grouped very close to the tank…

Cheers,

Lancer44

A far more “suicidal weapon” was the german Hafthohlladung grenades like the HHL 3 and panzerhandminen, those were applied by hand over the armor.

HHL3

As extremely dangerous it may seen ( and actually are) some panzerknackers enjoyed many succeses with this tipe of weapon, including the guy in my avatar, G. Viezenz.

http://tecnica-militar.fateback.com/terrestre/Panzerknacker.htm

Still beats the Japanese Army’s technique of putting a guy in a hole with both a hammer and an aircraft bomb, hoping a Sherman drives over him.

Yeap , everything seems to be rather suicidal in the japanese military.

And yet somehow many tanks were destroyed in JUST THAT SAME FASHION, and the people who did it survived. What a strange coincidence!!!

Another use for the 14,5 mm rifle.

In this Ferdinad the soviet infratrymen try to break the tracks.

Ha! I wondered about that. That’s excellent shooting…

I wonder what the success rate/effectiveness of getting a round into a slit was?

I downloaded a manual in Russian for one of the AT rifles and it seems that from the side, you could actually put a round into the gas tank of a Mark III or MKIV pretty easily. Have you ever looked at some internal diagrams of those models?

Ha! I wondered about that. That’s excellent shooting…

I wonder what the success rate/effectiveness of getting a round into a slit was?

This metod was sometimes succesful when was used against the lighter Pz II/III/IV tracks, the Tiger/Ferdinad seems too heavy and thick to break.

I downloaded a manual in Russian for one of the AT rifles and it seems that from the side, you could actually put a round into the gas tank of a Mark III or MKIV pretty easily. Have you ever looked at some internal diagrams of those models?

Both models of Panzer had an 30 mm thick side hull, wich could be ( at list teorically) penetrated by the BS 14,5 mm round shooting at 100-120 metres.

Check this link.

http://www.battlefield.ru/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=280&Itemid=123

That was the manual I was referring to, thanks. Another article I read said that the problem of AT rifles on the Eastern front wasn’t so much not penetration but too much- the rounds would go right through without hitting anything sensitive.

Hmmm…dont think so in tanks, maybe the “over penetration” was only in lightly armores vehicles like Armored cars and halftracks.

PTRS AA weapon.

In the trench…

I read in a book about a Sniper; Vassili Zaitsev fitted a scope on the PTDR anti tank rifle to see if it could be an effective sniper rifle agianst tanks and bunkers and what not. It turned out that it was a little inaccurate at longer ranges.

I think it was a PTRS semi auto.

What you think about this display? is realistic?

Reasonably.

Why? do you think it isn’t.

Yes, seems pretty good to me also, but i would have placed the Mines and the Soldier equipped with the Molotov Cocktail somewhere else - but it’s just a picture to show how it theoretically worked :wink: