Trip

Well this isnt a real reward but however I would like it to be. Would anyone be interested in a trip to Normandy next year sometime. Would be nice to meet some fellow site member! For some of you this would be easy and others its the chance of a lifetime. Let me know what you think.???

I’m considering going myself - dependant on possible exercise in Malawi and op tour in Afghanistan. Will have to see closer to the time.

Depending on the dates I may be interested. I’m possibly off with BDL next year though.

Sounds good.

Sounds amazing… now just have to find a way to let the parents know… :? hmmmmm :twisted:

Sounds amazing… now just have to find a way to let the parents know… :? hmmmmm :twisted:[/quote]

Yes, I can see how it could be a problem for the younger members - or more precisely their parents:

Member: “Mum & dad, I’m just nipping off to Normandy”

Folks: “That’s nice dear. Who are you going with ?”

Member: “Some blokes I ‘met’ on an internet site.”

Slightly concerned folks: “Met on a site ? What do they do ?”

Member: “Some are serving servicemen, some vets and others I have no idea, but they ‘like’ WWII”

Concerned folks: “Oh really ? What do they talk about ?”

Member: “Well, tanks and soldiers and stuff”

More concerned folks: “Um, well anything else interest them ?”

Member: “Yes, some shoot firearms and some haven’t but like to talk about them”

Marginally perturbed folks: “Anything else ?”

Member: “Oh yes, some think that Nazi uniforms are really cool !”

Worried folks: “gulp So you think you’re off to France, with some people you’ve never met, who you’ve no idea what they do or if they have criminal records, of which some just like talking about guns and wearing jackboots and leather Gestapo coats ! :shock:”

Member: “Er, um, well - yes… :?”

Apoplectic parents: “Think again, you’re coming to the seaside with us as usual !”

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I’m sure that’s probably how it will go. Ha ha ha ha.

i wish i can go to germany and visit their Uboat mesuem, i heard they have a complete Uboat opens, so tourists can actually get into the boat to see

Btw, you must come to vancouver in 2010, its olyimpic for us:D

I’ll be able to drive by then :smiley: Vancouver here I come! :slight_smile: :lol:

You are in Germany, or is there another Berlin :lol:

You are in Germany, or is there another Berlin :lol:[/quote]
one of the canadian city used to call Berlin, but was changed to some other name during world war 2

and yeah, i should have changed my location. i just make it berlin when i sign up to fool around.

:lol: :lol: :lol:
You fooled me at that time!

Yes, I can see how it could be a problem for the younger members - or more precisely their parents:

Member: “Mum & dad, I’m just nipping off to Normandy”

Folks: “That’s nice dear. Who are you going with ?”

Member: “Some blokes I ‘met’ on an internet site.”

Slightly concerned folks: “Met on a site ? What do they do ?”

Member: “Some are serving servicemen, some vets and others I have no idea, but they ‘like’ WWII”

Concerned folks: “Oh really ? What do they talk about ?”

Member: “Well, tanks and soldiers and stuff”

More concerned folks: “Um, well anything else interest them ?”

Member: “Yes, some shoot firearms and some haven’t but like to talk about them”

Marginally perturbed folks: “Anything else ?”

Member: “Oh yes, some think that Nazi uniforms are really cool !”

Worried folks: "gulp So you think you’re off to France, with some people you’ve never met, who you’ve no idea what they do or if they have criminal records, of which some just like talking about guns and wearing jackboots and leather Gestapo coats ! "

Member: "Er, um, well - yes… "

Apoplectic parents: “Think again, you’re coming to the seaside with us as usual !”

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Perfect representation :lol:

I assume you’re referring to the Laboe Naval Memorial near Kiel.

I assume you’re referring to the Laboe Naval Memorial near Kiel.[/quote]

http://www.warplaces.net/uk084_Marine_Ehrenmal_Laboe.htm

http://www.deutscher-marinebund.de/u995 in German - more on U995 displayed.

Off-topic: Also U-505 is displayed in Chicago, IL:
http://www.msichicago.org/exhibit/U505/index.html

U-534 is displayed in Wirral -UK:
http://www.historicwarships.org/displaypage.asp?page=13

Sorry once agin for my off-topic intervention.

About four miles from my parent’s house. Co located with two Falklands War ships (the frigate HMS Plymouth and the submarine HMS Onyx). I’ve been round the FI ships, not been on the U Boat yet though - it was very expensive last time I went. If I get a chance over Christmas leave i’ll nip up and get some photos for you.

On the exterior I suppose because they wrote:

It should be noted that the taking of photographs and digital images of the interior of the vessel is not permitted. This is a requirement of Den Bla Avis the U534’s owners.

On the exterior I suppose because they wrote:

It should be noted that the taking of photographs and digital images of the interior of the vessel is not permitted. This is a requirement of Den Bla Avis the U534’s owners.
[/quote]

Suppose it’ll have to be exterior shots only then :frowning: .

I’ll see what I can do inside :wink:

Seriously I think we could plan somekind of trip for all those who could make it. It would take some far planning in advance but I do think this is a good possiblility. Even if only 5-10 guys show im sure we could have a good time.

As long as they have beer in whatever country we should be okay.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Anyhow ill email ww2admin and see what he thinks about it. Maybe we can start somekind of donation spot on the site. Sure it wont make much money but every little bit helps eh!!