Trip

This is a little off topic but anyone who lives in Australia or can afford to come to the great land down under go to the Cowra war museum in rural NSW or if you want to see a great assortment of firearms from WWI- Current go to the Small Arms Museum Lithgow NSW. If anyone wants any info PM me A.S.A.P!

:smiley: :stuck_out_tongue: CHEERS! :smiley: :stuck_out_tongue:

I might pop to Normandy, but again I am constrained by similar things as firefly and BDL.

There is also the ā€œconning towerā€ near kiel, which is the memorial to the U-boat crews, with the sub visible from the water. The German navy still operate subs from near by, I think.

For the younger, or younger adult, members I would seriously recommend that you inform your parents if you wish to attend and book your accomodation before you travel. Ensuring that your family know exactly where you are staying.

Cool. Im heading to Germany tm. So hopefully i can take a trip up there. :smiley:

For me its just a 45 min trip to the U-505 :smiley:

PLT.SGT.BAKER, did you visited it already?
Login next time buddy! :lol:

PLT.SGT.BAKER, did you visited it already?
Login next time buddy! :lol:[/quote]

Suggestion why admins do not turn off posting,like guest only registered users can post,thats better i think.

Already done Claus!

Ok i didnā€™t know only try to help, :wink: sorry for off-posting.

Ok i didnā€™t know only try to help, :wink: sorry for off-posting.[/quote]

Never mind!

yes i accidently forgot to login :oops: :lol:

About four miles from my parentā€™s house. Co located with two Falklands War ships (the frigate HMS Plymouth and the submarine HMS Onyx). Iā€™ve been round the FI ships, not been on the U Boat yet though - it was very expensive last time I went. If I get a chance over Christmas leave iā€™ll nip up and get some photos for you.[/quote]

Unfortunatley, I never got the chance to go while I was home on leave, Iā€™m due some more leave in a couple of weeks (in between postings), if I go to my parentā€™s for it, Iā€™ll go and get some photos then.

Any preliminary dates for this little meet up?

Well I was all for the summer sometime. Now most of us are in Europe where the history is so ā€¦

1. Who is interested in going?
  2. Where might be the best place to meet? (I suggested Normandy)
  3. Who wants to organize this? (I have no problem with it but im sure ill need help)
  4. How long do we want or can stay?(1 week maybe)
  5. Your location?
  6. Best time for you?

If you are interested please help answer these questions.

Also list any other concerns you might have.

Although Iā€™d love to come, Iā€™m out Iā€™m afraid. My Squadron has a hectic programme planned now. So the only free time I will have in the Summer will have to be spent with the Fireflies.

Sorry as it would have been excellent to meet some of you for a few days.

To keep it cheap, someone could nominate a well-appointed campsite somewhere in Normandy.

Good idea. Ill try to come up with some possible ideas. Might take me awhile but ill get back to you.

If Normandy is the locationā€¦I think we would be best center around Caen. Just checking before i do some researchā€¦has anyone ever been there before and could recommend a cheap hotel(or anything for the most part) for 5-20 guys for a week or so?

Also anyone interested in going that actually has a decent camera that could be the photo guy for the trip?

Well I would still like us to be able to do this sometime in the future. Maybe its expensive for some of you to places we would like to go. Dont know maybe we could sell something to make money for the event. Not sure exactly how that would work but anyhow. Would be nice if we could all get together sometime and just meet. Take a tour of something ww2. Maybe its still to soon. But this is a project im not giving up on. So let me know your ideas?

Iā€™m still in for something if its possible. Work allowing I should be ok for next Summer, but if cost is a problem maybe later in the year - October etc will be cheaper?

for now, you can count me out
i simply dont have that kind of money:(