Trip

I’m open for most anytime of year, what month(s) will work for our site jugend?

I want to come too!. Can I come? Can I come?:smiley:

Of course you can, just don’t get us kicked out of the museum :wink: Though this is just for thought, awhile back, Tankgeezer did mention that the hotels in early June are usually full because of ROTC members, correct if I’m wrong.

that was the case when I went there in 2007, so it follows that they do this every year, a phone call would answer the question tho,
:TAKE PARTICULAR NOTICE:
I have just spoken to the manager of a super8 in Radcliff Ky. and she said the the R.O.T.C. presence is usually during the months of June, July, and most of August. Now this will limit the availablility of space, but there are more places in Elizabethtown, and other nearby towns. If we decide to go there, we may find ourselves spread out a bit, if this is okay, lets move forward with a plan. All we need to begin is when can all interested members be available to go? post your responses here, and we’ll see whats what.

Sounds good, still in since I live the closes, I think.

Everyone interested in going post the month you prefer June, July, August,etc. so we can develop a plan. Also, The museum is free to visit, thought they do have a box for donations.And a nice gift shop too. They also have a website, and you can get an idea of whats there. I was told by the museum administration people that the armor museum is slated to be moved to Georgia in 2010. The Patton exhibits will remain in their present location.

Dont everyone post at once now, (Do I hear Crickets?)

Well, I’ll say July, when I’m actually in Europe. M’kay?

The Youth of today,:mrgreen:
Well, so far, there is Me, Rifle man 20, Herman2, and Churchill who will, using his mystical powers, Bi-locate from Europe. (a trick he learned from a Swami while serving Her Majesty in India. :slight_smile: )

Hahaha, I wish I could. I live in Texas, but man, I miss Guildford… :frowning:

So wait, you are in Texas at the moment?

Yeah, I’ve deceived everyone… :twisted:

Its looking like no one really wants to go, if so, we should just drop the idea.

Again, it is sad. Really the enthusiasm was just gone. Maybe if more than, I dunno, 4 people go then it would be interesting but you know, this ain’t a big site and maybe after a couple years, this site will be a dust valley.

Well, if people want to go, they can anytime, but remember you brigands, the Museum of Armor is moving to Georgia in 2010. The Patton exhibit will remain at the location. This may be a good thing, as the museum now shows only a small portion of the actual collection.Tanks, other types of vehicles, and an extensive collection of firearms, and other weaponry. There is no admission fee. (yet) and the staff is very helpful. There is also a nice gift shop, with loads of nifty things for sale. The German collection, and the T-28/95 alone, are worth the trip. There is for those in other lands, and nations a website showing most of the present exhibits. Google Patton museum, Ft. Knox.

As long as we have Great MODS, this site will never bite the Dust!. Hail to our Mods! (the smart ones that is)

Well, it being the end of June, and there being no takers on a group visit to the Patton Museum, I think this is a dead duck, so lets drop the idea.

Aye, anyway, I’m in Arizona. That’s why I wanted early June but a couple of other people didn’t want that time. So what, I had a feeling it wouldn’t last. Oh well.

one of the canadian city used to call Berlin, but was changed to some other name during world war 2.