Wearing of real life medals

OK, it all started as a bit of a joke and there have been a few heated comments on both sides of the argument. So, should I continue to wear my ribbons in my signature block or should I get rid of them?

For those interested they are (from left to right): Op Telic (Iraq medal), General Service Medal 62 (Northern Ireland bar) and the Queens Golden Jubilee Medal.

Strictly speaking the Telic medal should have a rosette attached.

I can assure all members that I am entitled to wear all of the above.

So, comments below please.

Tubs

Tubbyboy I changed your poll for any member. Yes you should be allowed to wear your medal on this site but I hope you understand my difference to it. I thank you and all the other UK US and other members of the coalition fr what you did. Thank you.

Sincerely,

Gen Sandworm

i am sorry, i didnt know its your real medals
so what are those medals mean?

FW-190 read Tubbyboy’s post and you’ll find some answers.

Tubbyboy missed an opportunity to improve the site not posting his medals prior to Gen. Sandworm idea. :smiley:

I agree with Tubbyboy sig. He has this right.

Edited for typo.

The poll needs a “don’t care” option. Post what you like in the signature.

So… who voted no, and why?

I voted no,because showing medals without a reference,will make no diference with site medals,so,if you wear real life medal,i think you should put first in the sign: THIS AREN´T SITE MEDALS,you did good because you have that in your sign,but if some user don´t put that,they will make the site confusive.

if no,why don´t we choose all medals and done :lol:

To be honest, despite the poll supporting my decision to put ribbons up, I am thinking of removing them.

They make me feel slightly waltish, especially when I consider there are more than a few ex-inf types on here that would have to put double (or more) rows up!

My paltry 3 aren’t exactly the mark of a seasoned British soldier…

no man.don´t remove your medals,you earned them,and they can make confusion (at my point of view) but i know you must be proud of them,so,keep them in the sign (ORDERS FROM A MODERATOR!!!) :smiley:

Just to be picky Tubbyboy the GSM should read GSM 62, it had a number of bars NI was only one. I have only ever come across someone with more than one (3) but he came from the regiment. I only have three. :slight_smile:

Yessir, I will edit my post accordingly sir.

Yessir, I will edit my post accordingly sir.[/quote]

+Bar

:slight_smile:

I think I can guess who the second no vote is from…

… if u guessed me then u win something. (dunno what :p)

No, I didn’t guess you - what are your objections?

Sorry to intrude Caliber and Tubbyboy but my oppinion : As long as Tubbyboy has explicitly stated that the medals are not from this site (as he has done) and is qualified to wear such medals, that he should be allowed to wear them on this site.

I think it should be allowed if thats what you want to do, and like you I only have 3 as well. But I dont think its waltish if they have been earned.

ROFL - you are being banned from claiming that these are site medals!

gosh no imagine the disresepct that you are giving to the founder members of the site that have fought long hard wars to earn their pixellated glory!

Tubbyboy, you mighth ave earnt real medals for active duty in various theatres but wo betide that you try and claim cudos from the moderators of the site.

Top effort will keep me chuckling for days!

Dont know if you just being an asshole or not. Coz it looks like you were drunk when you wrote the above. But we have mostly agreed that there is no problem with him or any other member wearing medals that they have really earned. The awards program was just a fun addition to the site. You dont like it fine just disregard it. But you dont have to be a fucking cunt about it.

Yours truly,

Gen. Kiss my ass.

:smiley:

Troll, troll, trollity troll.
We’d sorted it out already, and people were happy. Now you have spoiled it for EVERYONE. :wink:
Struggling… to… care…