What do you see?

Hi,

I have two questions on the following photo:
[ol]
[li]Do you know where, when in what circumstances it was taken?
[/li][li]What do you see is happening on this photo?
[/li][/ol]

028206_363.jpg

hmm… it looks like the guy tried to steal the bike.
maybe its a screenshot from a movie?

I see a Russian soldier helping a lady to align the handlebar and front tire of her bicycle.

:slight_smile:

I do not think it is a movie. It is a real photo.
To my veig knowledge it is a RKKA soldier in Germany/Berlin???

Hallo I’ve just joined so I thought I would write something.

I have seen this photo before [can’t remeber where I’m afraid] captioned as a Soviet soldier attempting to steal the German woman’s bicycle in Berlin 1945.

Thus, the crappy buildings in the background…:slight_smile:

I think that Egorka already know what was the situation, he just enjoyed to see our reactions. Just like "The master " topic. Well, there is hobbies more bizarres than this.

It’s just a Russki feeling up the town bike.

Or it could be a Russki helping someone fix their bike. :wink:

Drunken Ivan trying to steal a bike in Berlin, so he can bike on over to the girls youth hostel and continue his raping and pillaging…

A glorious soldier of the Great Patriotic War gallantly withstands the Fraulein Berlin bicycle offensive of of 1945. Obviously the decadent tart is just trying to knock him him to the ground so she can have her way with him!

:smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Maybe she’s stealing the bike from him. Anybody good on WWII soviet bikes?

I never said I did not know what this picture depicts. I just asked what other might know more presice. And I also asked what they see, what is they observation of this picture.

Regarding hobbies… Well, your psychoanalytic skill sucks, my friend.

For those who does not get it is a photo of an episode where an RKKA soldier trying to rob that woman for her bike. Something like that.

Well I actually have one observasion that I find interesting about this photo.
Look at the faces of the german public. There are quite many people on that photo. I do not see much fear on their faces. Half of the public is standing just 1 meter away and watches the event unfolding. The other half passes by. Seemingly calm. The face of the victim does not express much fear as well. Rather determination to stand up for the property.

Considering that alledgedly the barbarian hordes “… raped every German female from eight to 80” this is an surprising to see that they are not trying to escape the potentially dangerous place where the conflict involving a occupational force is about to unfold.

What do you think?

Well, a picture says a thousand words. Mostly:

"Nothing to see here it never happened Nothing to see here it never happened Nothing to see here it never happened Nothing to see here it never happened Nothing to see here it never happened Nothing to see here it never happened Nothing to see here it never happened Nothing to see here it never happened Nothing to see here it never happened Nothing to see here it never happened Nothing to see here it never happened Nothing to see here it never happened Nothing to see here it never happened Nothing to see here it never happened Nothing to see here it never happened …

Jesus Christ… :shock: with this only pic you try to deny the multiple accusations/whitnesses against the Red army, let me say that your case is at list weak.

The crimes happen and also happen the crimes from the German side, I am pretty sure that the SS and Heer got his quote of raping too.

Man, I think is time to grow up and accept the simple facts, your are not too young already, you have children…that is what are you teaching to them ? no good at all. Probably you are too blinded to realize but this is utterly ridiculous.

Is this the today fashion in Russia to deny all the fact of history and change it for a more sweetened variant ?

That is worst than my Freud skills.

it’s a well known photo about Soviet occupation in Berlin after the capitulation. I think that Soviet soldier just want to show the defeated who’s the winner of the war. what i want to know is what happen to that woman after this photo was taken

Panzerknacker,

Please read your post again. Willingly or not, you are blindly pedaling your point of view (whatever it is) without any regard to what is being said by others.
Listen to me again… carefuly… and try to understand: Nothing in your reply has anything to do with my comments here or my position.
You are fighting with the ghosts of your own interpretation of other people’s point of view.
Please think about it.

Hi bd88! Welcome to the forum!

Yes, I know it is a known photo. It was among other featured in the A.Beevors book about the fall of Berlin.
I was curious if one knew more presise when and where it was taken. And were it was first published.

what i want to know is what happen to that woman after this photo was taken

What do you think happened to her and why do think that?
Waht about the witnesses and other by passers on the photo?

here I found uncroped photo (with a teenager in shorts on the right)