A QUICK QUIZ - WW2

Would this be Graziani or some name similar.

Giovanni Messe

Which Italian army officer was known as “The Butcher”?

I know nothing about Italy and it’s officers so I’l go with Mussolini. :stuck_out_tongue:

I wouldn’t be surprised if he had a nickname similar to “Butcher” since he was considered a person that brought bad luck. :wink:

Edit: By the way, I think Gen. Sandworm is correct. :roll:

Entirely correct, Marshal Rodolfo Graziani. Next question please.

Pulls shirt over head and runs around pitch

Your question LargeBrew

Jan Kubis and Josef Gabcik, are famous for what ?

Shooting Heydrich in Czechoslovakia?

Close enough BDL right man but wrong method.

For burrying what was left from the Chech ressistance with their attack? :roll:

The Sten gun they brougth malfunctioned (probably due to Jan Kubis having the buttstock removed to hide it under his coat, the end cap of the receiver is not strong enough to bear the load of firing without being supported by the buttstock latch), so they threw a grenade into Heydrich’s car. Heydrich survived at first, but died a few weeks later of an infection from fragments of his car seat, which entered the wounds during the blast.

Jan

Good point Tsolias. They erased a couple of Chech towns from the map after that one.

So i guess its BDL’s Question now.

What was the name of the Allied plans to invade Japan?

Operation Downfall

Correct Tsolias

Thanks BDL!
Now antother one.
Who’s that words:
“We are used to saying that the Greeks fight like heroes, from now on we shall say that the heroes fight like Greeks.”
Hint:It was during WWII

Winston Churchill

Correct!
Your turn.

I think there should be more of these quiz things.
So my question:

Who was the bloke who landed on DDay wearing white and who carried an old hunting rifle?

Thats a bit vague. Do you mean the commando that showed up and met Erwin Rommel. If so George Lane. But im not sur WTF you are talking about so please explain.