A QUICK QUIZ - WW2

Good job S.A.M.!
Now I figure that “Brisk” was pretty unknown. Initially named Alloy, Brisk was a planned seizure of the Azores (planned in 1940- never happened).
So, I cancel my first codename and I ask you for a question. :smiley:

True or False

Erwin Rommel was charged with treason and he commited suicide.

True he was forced to commit suicide or else he would be disgrased.

True he was forced to commit suicide or else he would be disgrased.[/quote]

correct, on to you.

On November 11st 1940 the Italian Fleet was crippled by a British raid. 1. What was the name of the raid? 2. What effect did this have on the war out side of Europe?

1 Is the “real question” but 2 makes this raid very important later on.

I know that it was at Toranto but I don’t know of any other name for the raid (are you looking for a code name?).

I think that it had the effect of disabling the Italians in North Africa. Without their fleet they had no supply lines.

The wider effect was showing the Japs that a raid by torpedo bombers on a fleet at anchor was possible, helping their planning of the attack on Pearl Harbour

The wider effect was showing the Japs that a raid by torpedo bombers on a fleet at anchor was possible, helping their planning of the attack on Pearl Harbour[/quote]

I didn’t think of that, good point.

Tubbyboy had the name I was looking for. BDL had the right answer to number 2. Since 1 was the “real question”…Ill have to say Tubbyboy is next. I did want to point out that not only was this a succesful raid it had more of an impact than they could have possibly expected.

OK,

Straight facts here:

What was the first British aircraft in World War II to be armed with eight machine guns?

Not an Aircraft buff but was it the Bristol blenheim

The Hurricane - 8 x .303

Correct, over to you

OK

What small modification did the Germans have to make to their Armour that invaded Poland in 1939, before the end of the campaign, and why did they have to do it?

Put some pictures :wink:

If I put some pictures it will be bloody obvious.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Hihihi :lol: :lol: :lol:

Air recognition panels?

Very close…