absolutely no topic at all

Cuts, congratulations on a successful Wha!

Eye thenk yew !

bows and exits stage left

Eye thenk yew !

bows and exits stage left[/quote]

With much applause

Cuts - good one. For those interested, its a place where British Army types spout endless one sided diatribe at everything and anything they dont agree with.

It is dominated by a very few opinionated members who sway the rest into line by cyberbullying. They also cant comprehend that the British Army is not the be all and end all of the universe.

While some of it can be amusing at times, in my opinion it is rather dull and tedious most of the time, so dull in fact that certain ARRSE members have been known to trawl the Web for other sites to invade in great groups and then retire to AARSE to brag about their mischevious deeds.

A fun game here is to play spot the AARSEr, and then try and match up their AARSE personality. Then you can corrolate between the members here with a genuine interest and those who simply come to relieve their boredom and stir.

:smiley:

I wonder if you’ve ever spotted my arrse alter-ego? My disguise is so cunning that you may never realise.

I find it generally amusing. I prefer it to pprune, even though I should be predisposed to pprune. There are plenty of dullards, but I generally read rather than post, hence avoiding the cyber-bullies. I suppose there are greater extremes on arrse - the best threads are great, but there are plenty of dire ones. PPrune offers plenty of whinging too.

That sounds like fun, do you have the web address ?

That sounds like fun, do you have the web address ?[/quote]

WAH

I post on arrse but use a different name, it prevents the fuckwits following me here.

www_.arrse.co._uk

(delete the “_” in the link and you will be able to acces.[/quote]

A friendly reminder Erwin: you have been banned for a week. If you post within that week, even falling victim to a wah in the process, you risk further warnings and longer bannings.

You must be wrong Crab!
It must be his ghost!! :lol:

Yes I’ll Cutaway and get it for ya!

I couldnt agree more. I was maybe a bit harsh with AARSe, but I do go in and read it about once a week or so, same with Prune.

There are a few decent guys on both, but there are loads of muppets though.

Hi guys.

See this:

http://www.ww2incolor.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=1239&highlight=

The guy posted them directly into the forum. I changed what I thought were the worst of the bunch to links.

Im not even sure that some of the links should be kept, the children and women ones for instance.

I have let it stand for now, what do you think?

Sick, explicit, and for the most part, uncalled for. I think they should be removed asap.

I have edited his post as well.

Aboriginal service in Ww1 and ww2?

AFAIK several did serve, in the first and second AIF’s, Ie - as volunteers *.

One indeed, from the 6th Division, survived on Crete evading the Germans and later served in Korea! Rose to the rank of Captain.

He died recently and lived here in Canberra the given name was Doug, and my brain can’t find his Surname. I had several drinks and conversations with him at the ex-serviceman’s club near Manuka.

• AFAIK, until the referendum in the late 60’s, they could NOT be conscripted. They had NO status until then.

Timbo in Oz

Thanks mate, I notice you linked them all. I left the ones where it wasnt really obvious what was going on, but on reflection, think you were right to do the others as well. I dont think he was being deliberate, probably just a culture thing.

I also still think some of the ones involving beheadings, women and children should go.

So General, whats your opinion?

Even if it wasnt deliberate, it is still a little to viloent for the casual forum user. I didn’t like them myself, but I’m not sure about what the rest of you think. :?

I agree with Firefly. Some pictures (some links now) must be removed.

sure, lets take off some of those links away
even though i think we shouldn’t be doing that, because it discourage people to post useful information in this site.

The vague ones where you cant see anything much are ok, but the graphic ones dont really add anything. Though I suppose they do reflect that conflict though?

I leave it up to someone who has been around here longer than me to remove what they feel should be.

Of course if ww2 Admin is happy with them, then it would give us a guideline to work on in future.