Awards quick reference list!

For quick reference here are all the members that have received awards. New awards should be added to the list by editing this posts and placed in alphabetical order.

[b] STAFF

[/b] ww2admin
Outstanding Site Service Medal

Gen.Sandworm
Site Defense Medal
Outstanding Site Service Medal
Loyal Member Medal
Outstanding Loyal Member Medal

Dani
Good Conduct Medal
Loyal Member Medal
Outstanding Moderator Medal

Firefly
Loyal Member Medal
Site Peacekeeping Medal
All Around Good Posting Medal

Panzerknacker
All Around Good Posting Medal.
Loyal Member Medal
Good Conduct Medal
Outstanding Post Medal
Outstanding Loyal Member

pdf27
Outstanding Post Medal
Loyal Member Medal

Nickdfresh
Loyal Member Medal
Site Defense Medal
Good Conduct Medal

George Eller
Outstanding Post Medal
Loyal Member Medal
Good Conduct Medal

MEMBERS

1000ydstare
Loyal Member Medal
Site Service Medal

2nd of foot
Good Conduct Medal
Loyal Member Medal
Outstanding Loyal Member

alephh
Loyal Member Medal
Oustanding Loyal member

arhob1
Loyal Member Medal

bas
Loyal Member Medal
Outstanding Loyal Member

BDL
Site Peacekeeping Medal
Site Service Medal
Loyal Member Medal

Bluffcove
Loyal Member Medal

Cactus
Site Defense Medal

Charles
Site Peacekeeping Medal

Chevan
Loyal Member Medal
Site Defense Medal

Clauss von Stauffeberg

Crab-to-be
Site Peacekeeping Medal
Site Defense Medal

Cuts
Loyal Member Medal
Outstanding Idea Medal
Outstanding Loyal Member
Site Service

DerMann
Loyal Member Medal

Digger
Loyal Member Medal

Erwin Schätzer(argentina)
Site Service Medal
Good Conduct Medal

FW-190 Pilot
Site Defense Medal
Loyal Member Medal

German Soldier
Good Conduct Medal

Genkideskan
Site Service

Gutkowski
Outstanding Post Medal
Loyal Member Medal

Hans Lutz
Loyal Member Medal

HG
Loyal Member Medal.
Outstanding Loyal member

Hiddenrug

Hosenfield
Loyal Member Medal

IRONMAN
Loyal Member Medal

Kovalski
Loyal Member Medal.
Site Defense Medal

LargeBrew
Site Defense Medal

Lancer 44
Loyal Member Medal
Site Defense Medal

Librarian
Oustanding post medal
Loyal Member

Man of Stoat
Loyal Member Medal
Oustanding Loyal member
Site Defence
Site Service

mike M.
Loyal Member Medal
Outstanding Loyal Member

PLT.SGT.BAKER
Loyal Member Medal

PzKpfw VI Tiger
Outstanding Post Medal
Site Defense Medal
Loyal Member Medal

Redcoat
Loyal Member

Rising Sun*
Good Conduct Medal
Site Defense Medal

Sneaksie
Site Serivce Medal

South African Military
Site Defense Medal
Loyal Member Medal

SS Tiger
Loyal Member Medal
Site Defense Medal

tankgeezer
Good Conduct Medal

tom!
All-Around Good Posting Medal
Loyal Member Medal

Tony Williams

Loyal Member

Topor
Loyal Member Medal

Tsolias
Loyal Member Medal

Tubbyboy
Good Conduct Medal

Twitch1

VonWeyer
Good Conduct Medal

Walther
All-Around Good Posting Medal
Loyal Member Medal

Wolfgang Von Gottberg
Good Conduct Medal

Should be sticky this one!

It is a sticky now! Anytime award are given out the above list should be edited. I just gave out 8 awards and made the proper changes. This thread is only for quick reference. If you have to make a post break delete all posts after the 1st one for clarity. Thanks!

I’ve put all the medal awards to date in the zipped excel spreadsheet attached to this post. This should be easier to use for us as it will allow filtering to see who has already got what medal - at the moment wading through that list is a bit of a mission. Let me know what you think, and if it seems to work it’s probably a good idea to replace the current list with this.

Oh, and is there any way of permitting us to attach .xls files in the war room only? Zipping it up just to let me attach it is a pain in the backside…

ww2ic medals.zip (3.32 KB)

Bloody good idea, though zipping isnt really a pain, is it??? Is it???

No its not as it takes 30 seconds at most. Humour aside. Great idea and application PDF…

It is when you have to get a copy of PKZip to create the file in the first place…

Now if youd only mentioned that the first time!:mrgreen:

I wonder if we could issue repeat awards to a member by using a device such as an oak leaf cluster centered on the ribbon. And just keep adding clusters depending on the number of times the award was received. Bronze, Double Bronze, and Triple Bronze Oak Leaf Clusters for second thru fourth subsequent award of medal. Single Silver Oak Leaf Cluster worn in lieu of five bronze oak leaf clusters. Sixth award.

http://usmilitarystuff.com/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=4_29_70

Oak leaf cluster
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oak_leaf_cluster

An oak leaf cluster or oakleaves is a common device which is placed on U.S. military awards and decorations (and those of some other nations) to denote those who have received more than one bestowal of a particular decoration. The number of oak leaf clusters typically indicates the second and subsequent award of the decoration.

Most military awards use bronze, silver, and gold oak leaf clusters. The higher ranking oak leaf clusters are issued in lieu of a greater number of lower ranking clusters, allowing a large number of award annotations to fit on a single ribbon. For instance, five bronze oak leaf clusters would be denoted by one silver and five silver by one gold.

The United States military issues only bronze and silver oak leaf clusters. Gold oak leaf clusters were briefly considered as a device for the Air Medal, but this was not adopted by any of the services.

In Commonwealth countries a bronze oak leaf signifies a Mention in Despatches, and is worn as an award in its own right, rather than to signify multiple instances of another decoration. The Commonwealth equivalent of US oakleaves is a bar to the medal.

In the Second World War, the Knight’s Cross of the German Iron Cross could be awarded with the additional distinction of Oak Leaves (mit Eichenlaub). Of the 7,313 awards of the Knight’s Cross, only 883 received Oak Leaves.

SEE ALSO:
http://usmilitarystuff.com/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=4_29_70
http://www.gruntsmilitary.com/armyribs.php

Bronze Oak leaf cluster

Purple Heart with oak leaf cluster centered on ribbon.

I think we missed tom! on the last awards announcement. I know that GS had him listed for the Loyal Member Award. I nominated him along with Librarian and Tony Williams. Somehow I think he was missed in the last announcement. He has been submitting some good material. Hope he didn’t feel slighted.

Taken care of! I pmed him and edited the awards list. Thanks GE.

Since this thread is now redundent I think I will move it to the A&M archive room unless anyone has an objection. There is no reason to have 2.

That purple heart is a surreal medal, nothing remotely like it is awarded for commonwealth forces.

Maybe we could give Purple Hearts for really long posts (carpal tunnel syndrome)?

Publically available version (in “Awards”) section updated. This thread is now officially obselete.

quoted from “Awards Committee” thread:
http://www.ww2incolor.com/forum/showthread.php?p=140222#post140222

I had the “loyal member” award previously, so I photoshopped an oak leaf cluster to it.

If anyone else had the award previously you’re welcome to copy and paste mine.
http://img60.imageshack.us/img60/6741/bronzestarwithoakleaf02qd5.jpg

OK, I assumed that since we all had it we didn’t want it again. There is an “outstanding loyal member” which kind of supplants a bar to the award in any case.

That’s okay Paul, I kind of like the “loyal member” award with oak leaf cluster :slight_smile:

So, what’s the process or recommending a site member for an award again? Do we still have a thread for that?

Okay, got it. But I’d like to have an awards ceremony of some sort for some of the better posters at the site. Ribbons and badges really was never my thing, but some people I think genuinely might have a bit more enthusiasm.

So, I think Flamethrowerguy, Navyson, Schultz, and Churchill all deserve some sort of award just for continuous posting and interest, superior modding, and site policing…

No argument here - none of them are problem children!

I’m going to set an awards ceremony date for next Sunday since we’re a bit behind. Is that okay with everyone?