Court of Appeals!

This has been formed (I knew it was coming sooner or later) to hear the appeals of infractions points given. I will be the final judge unless ww2admin decides to intervene. 1000ydstare a respected member of the site has lodged a formal complaint against his infraction points given by the notable moderater Panzerknacker. (wow sounding very legal) :slight_smile: He pleads his case:

What does the staff think? I reserve the right to be a dictator in some issues … I prefer not to take that line of action. To me this is an urgent issue and I will look poorly upon those who do not respond!

PK this is a bit different coz it is a formal complaint by a resonalbe member. We all must look at ourselves outsidely from time to time. It is a matter of question that we WILL confront together.

PK please explain your stance!?!?

You all have been PMed with the issue!

3 times he called me stupid, refering to me or my post. I dont see any need of having a court of appeal, if somebody was give the Moderation powers was because the Forum chiefs though that this person were capable to fulfill this task.

Changing the desitions will undermine the credibility of a Mod ( me in this case) and making the Mods work impossible in the future.

Enough said.

What you just said … I totally agree with. However there is a call to hold the mods in a … certian amount of justice. PK I have backed you up blindly in the past coz I trust you. I still trust you. However when i get a pm from a member that has been here as long as you have and has put a great deal into the site… I wonder why he has 2 infraction points. That will also never go away!

Whatever the outcome I will back you in your decision. However it does seem a bit much to me. If you say it is not …than I believe you. You were picked to be a mod coz of your fairness. I am not challenging that. My question is : Did you over react?

PK i just sent you an add contact on messenger!

Not really, it was warned twice before the infraction, you can read all in the “Claim and counterclaim” topic.

Also Cuts had awarded me with phrases like “Now you are really being stupid” or condescendats calificatives like “sonny”. I did warned him by PM already.

Gen Sandworm I should tell you that I honestly dont care how long 1000y had been a member in here, if he cant write a post without being agressive he must be aware of the consecuenses.

Ok Ok Ok! Unless there are objections from other mods then the infraction points will stand. I will hear all sides. At the moment I see no reason to differ from you and your actions. This is why we have the war room. So we can question each other out of public. Please dont take offense PK!

while i agree that he deserved the infractions points, i think you should pm one of us to deal with this, rather than you giving him the infractions points and causing this trouble, but thats just me.

like when someone insulted me, i wouldnt give them the infraction points myself too.

I agree with FW’s point of view.

Panzerknacker, you missed at that time the first rule of moderation: do not get involved in personal matter.

As you probably remember, I had some personal clashes with Chevan at the time when I decided to split some topics (Desden especially). When I realised that Chevan is pushing its luck I asked Firefly to moderate that thread. Also I stated in public that since I’m involved in that debate I’m not able to moderate that topic (it wouldn’t be fair).

As for GS’s question, I think that you overreacted. I remember Erwin (HOLD ON :D, I don’t make comparisions!) when he had clashes with the Brits! I always told him to cool down. I think it is in your Latin blood.

As for this situation, I think that it’s appropiate:
a) to reduce 1000’s infraction points to one. Also to send him by me ( as a chief mod) or by GS (as an admin) an explanation PM.
b) to delete the off-topic posts in that thread.
c) to re-open that thread.

PK, I definitely understand your feelings. The problem is that lokking from the outside, one might think that this forum is ruled in a dictatorial way. And that is not good.

Addition: My bad that I wasn’t online in first place. Anyway, for almost a year my contribution felt down. Things will be improved.

The edit and reopen was planned already I just want to let pass some days.

I dont agree in reduce the infractions point because the antecedents off 1000y, he always try to derail topics. I wont say animore,do wathever you want. I feel completely wasted by this topic.

Come on Panzerknacker!:wink:
It could happened to anybody. The main important issue is to remain calm. To not get involved so hard in the debates.

Let’s go over that without bad feelings.:smiley:

well, obviously we dont mean to offend you

After thinking on this for sometime … here is my recommendation!

1. PK was right in giving a punishment.
  2. The 2 infraction points will stay but will expire in 3 months.
    -Feel it was to harsh a punishment without a formal warning to assure the seriousness of it. Formal infraction warnings should always be given if possible. This is not always possible. In this case I feel it was possible and one should have been issued.
  3. PK will not be undermined in public about this. I will PM 1000 with our final decision. He will be told not to speak of it either. (or else incure further punishment)
  4. I will not let this section of the forum start trouble again. If any future problems happen in this section it will be shut down indefinitely.
  5. I suggest the staff go thru the F&M war section and delete all posts that have no bearing or are inflamatory in nature.

These are my suggestions…ill wait for you guys to look them over and give me your input. Feel free to admend or disagree with them.

I agree with everyone here. I think 1000 Yd is too cocky by far and needed bringing down a peg or 2. Some of the Brits are so fast to act on things, but in doing so they deliberately do what they accuse others of. Maily cry foul when Panzer puts up a picture of Auzwitz in an ironic post, where if they did it to Panzer they would accuse him of having no sense of humour.

However, I dont think that Panzer should be modding a thread that he has interest in. I would prefer if Dani or FW Modded the Falkland thread, however, I dont mind weighing into the Brits for you as I find some of them oh so tiresome. Maybe its because I’m Scottish and they are all English?

Maybe instead of 2 for 3 months…1 permenant?

That’s my point a) (see above).:wink:

You’ll be blamed by both parts for taking sides.:smiley:

K revised!!!

1. PK was right in giving a punishment.
  2. The 1 infraction point to never expire.
    -Feel it was to harsh a punishment without a formal warning to assure the seriousness of it. Formal infraction warnings should always be given if possible. This is not always possible. In this case I feel it was possible and one should have been issued.
  3. PK will not be undermined in public about this. I will PM 1000 with our final decision. He will be told not to speak of it either. (or else incure further punishment)
  4. I will not let this section of the forum start trouble again. If any future problems happen in this section it will be shut down indefinitely.
  5. I suggest the staff go thru the F&M war section and delete all posts that have no bearing or are inflamatory in nature.

Any other admendments?

Feel it was to harsh a punishment without a formal warning to assure the seriousness of it. Formal infraction warnings should always be given if possible. This is not always possible. In this case I feel it was possible and one should have been issued

Quote to self:

In any case I apreciated that you did not use that kind of words refering to me any more or I will be forced to take some actions

Is no treath, any other “dont be stupid” and you get some infraction points, The english migh not be as extend language as the spanish but I think there is better ways to explain your point without insulting anybody

Yes and hence my retraction…not just coz of Dani but rereading. I changed to 1 point permanent. 1000 also know the nature of this section in the past and should have acted with more decency and respect to a mod of this site. The section itself is one to carefully tread on for any member. Especially those of Argenitian and British backgrounds.