Discusion about firearms classifications

60% celtic origins does not make the French celts to all intents and purposes, any more than being largely of English decent makes Americans English to all intents and purposes!

[/quote]

So, because the Franks came in the 5th ventury to Gaul, France is now as much Frankish as Celtic? :lol:

Here here! :lol:

I suppose Englishmen as as much Roman and Pict as they are Celt too? Things are not so cut-and-dry my friend. When it comes tribes, the influx of one does not necessarily create a new. I suppose you would say that because caucasian people migrated to India and mixed will existing tribes that Indians are now caucasians. :lol:

And you call me an idiot. :roll:

You’ll prove that one too I suppose, like all the other ridiculous claims you’ve made here? Take a course on something for goodness sakes.

So what about the pre-celtic inhabitants? Surely the influx of one does not necessarily create new (as you say), so the french must be to all intents and purposes a pre-celtic people?

Merde, ceci est sans point.

I’m amazed, Ironman, your capacity to spout utter uninformed shoite extends to not only firearms, but also linguistics and ethnicity too!!!

LOL! Just like I said. Now you’re going to try to prove the French are as much other tribes as Celts by saying the lesser makes the more. You are a complete dingbat. We’re still waiting for you to prove any of the idiotic crap you’ve claimed.

Time for work.

I always define the carrier as the part that guides the bolt forwards and back, irrespective of the locking principle. on some designs the carrier and the gas piston are joined (AK47, DP27, M1 carbine, MP.44 etc) and on others they are sepreate peices (SVT40, SKS, G43 etc).

Good point.

LOL! Just like I said. Now you’re going to try to prove the French are as much other tribes as Celts by saying the lesser makes the more. You are a complete dingbat. We’re still waiting for you to prove any of the idiotic crap you’ve claimed.

Time for work.[/quote]

This is a debating technique called taking the logic to its logical conclusion. If you can’t tell the difference between this and a contention, you’re more dim than we suspected.

The english certainly arent Celtic, I have enough leak eaters by me to know that hte celts are in Cornwall Wales and Ireland - turst me they all want independence from Britain, so telling them they are english will win you no friends… maybe not a problem you feel is serious?

do not base your knowledgeg of the french on Asterix, you will do a lot better.

It’s simple. Now you are saying that there is so much of other tribes (even if combined lol) in the French people that they are not for the most part Celtic. Where is your proof that there is as much of anything in a typical Frenchman as there is Celt?

That’s like arguing that one shade of blue is no longer blue because someone added a little white to it and now it’s medium bluie and not navy blue.

I have already told you, there is no such thing as a homogenous race of humans. But what you are claiming is simple-minded.

I always define the carrier as the part that guides the bolt forwards and back, irrespective of the locking principle. on some designs the carrier and the gas piston are joined (AK47, DP27, M1 carbine, MP.44 etc) and on others they are sepreate peices (SVT40, SKS, G43 etc).

[quote]

I tend to define it slightly more strictly:

If the bolt moves in its own track and is just cammed and pushed by the the end of the op-rod, then I don’t consider that to be a carrier. For instance, you could assemble the MP44 without the op-rod and the bolt would still slide backwards and forwards in its track.

Examples: MP44, Garand, M1 carbine, Lewis

If the carrier moves in its own track but the bolt is carried by this, then this piece is a carrier, since the bolt does not have its own track to run in and has to be carried. If you assemble an AK or a FAL without the carrier, the bolt just rattles around in the receiver.

Examples: Ak47, FAL, M16, SA-80 etc.

Just my 2c.

It’s simple. Now you are saying that there is so much of other tribes (even if combined lol) in the French people that they are not for the most part Celtic. Where is your proof that there is as much of anything in a typical Frenchman as there is Celt?

That’s like arguing that one shade of blue is no longer blue because someone added a little white to it and now it’s light bluie and not navy blue.

I have already told you, there is no such thing as a homogenous race of humans. But what you are claiming is simple-minded.[/quote]

I stand by this statement, since it applies equally well to what you just spouted:

I’ll make a list of your claims and you can prove them one by one then.
:oops:

Will I be allowed to ignore any questions you might ask 25 times, until the server beleives I am a forum “bot” and bans me from posting certain quotes?

Ironman, YES, Englishmen ARE as much Roman and Pict…and Saxon and Dane, and Norman, and Angle and Jute.
In fact a damn sight more so, since the original British stock was so small compared to todays population.
Today, only the Scots, Welsh, Cornish and Irish have ANY claim to being “Celts”.

IRONMAN,

Let me get your position straight here. You contend that, because France has a proportion of perhaps 60% Celtic origin (Wikipedia) that therefore France is a Celtic country. Is that right?

I am just trying to understand your claim here.

Back when I was still working in Ireland in the late 1990s, I took the urine off my Irish colleagues, by quoting an article from the Irish Times that us Germans had a better claim on being Celtic, because archeological digs proved that the ancient celtic heartlands were sited in southern Germany (mainly around Lake Constance). They didn´t like this idea very much… :wink:

Jan

Actually, by the application of the above logic, you, and the rest of the American people, are Cheyenne, Apache, Lacotah, Iroquois etc etc.
The original and indigenous people do not always determine the racial mix of the inhabitants.
No one has claimed the French do not have Celtic blood in their historic makeup.
As has been stated elsewhere, this is about a 60% admixture. along with Latin, Teutonic et al.
So, they can be described, at best, as being a little over half of Celtic descent.
This doesn’t make them Celts.

guys guys guys,

What are you saying!

You are trying to provide IRONMAN with an alternative, and more informed opinion in the hope that he will accept it as truth! :o
will you never learn :cry:

True, but by your logic, the world is a homogenous blend of generic homo sapies. Since the French are more than 50% Celtic, as you have admitted yourself, I was correct eh? Otherwise, not even the Scots and Irish would be Celtic. A Norsemen might have gotten in there somewhere! :roll:

It seems that some of you are proving to yourselves what I told you some time ago about the MP44 being the inspiration for the AK47. :lol:
I guess soon you’ll also start your own debates that disprove some of the other wild claims you’ve made.

CYA