Do you shoot? Your guns ...

WOW now that expensive !!!
If you are looking for parts that are expensive for you find it here State side and I will ship it out to you as long as its not a banned item LOL
The place I get the best deals is from http://www.brownells.com/ I have a dealer discount and I dont pay retail

I shoot the HAND-Mk.2 with xtra large rubber bands.

Find yourself a woman, Fellah. :smiley:

Hi Gut,
Is that the Norinco model 97 ?

Well im someone who loves hunting and someone who plans to use lethal force if someone broke in so yes i love to shoot and my guns are as listed

1.Winchester Model76 Shotgun
2.remington premier grade 1100
3.remington 870 wingmaster
4.remington Sportsman 48D
5.harrington and richardson 12 single barrel
6.Kar98k(1941)
7.Mosin 91/30
8.remington 700 Mountain Rifle
9.100 ATR mossberg 30 o6 bolt action
10.Henry 44 mag lev action
11.S and W 357
12.Colt 32 police positive

hehe, a nice list.

here is what I bought yesterday:

a .22 ciener conversion-kit for 1911A1 pistols for my trophy match .45ACP. on tuesday I will try this nice thing out. since all sorts of ammo have reached a price-peak during the last years, it is a quite expensive hobby only to shoot with calibers like .45 or even 9mm luger. so the .22 kit helps to save some money in the end (after a few thousand shots, the price for the kit has equaled). for training purposes, the smaller rimfire cartridges will also fit my needs anyway.

and for all persons who brake in my house, I have still some nice .45 ACP hollow points left over that will not be too expensive to use …

jens

1911 Ciener 1 smaller.jpg

1911 Ciener 2 smaller.jpg

1911 Ciener 4 smaller.jpg

Flammpanzer,

NNNNNNNNNNNoooooooooooooo!!! you bought a sabre defence! For about €200 more you could have had an Oberland arms, which is much better!

The only advantage of the sabre defence is that you can have a military profile barrel, but that really doesn’t make up for the manufacturing problems they have.

Personally, I have an Oberland arms flattop HBAR with an ACE stock, free float tube, and compensator. Next week it will be getting a JP adjustable gas block and a detachable foresight block directly behind the compensator. I would put it on this week, but I have a match on Sunday and rule number one is never to change anything directly before a match!

@men of stoat: thank actually for the hint, but I alredy knew that.

btw: the only difference between both is that the finish of the german built OA is a bit better, but the SAs finish is more military-like. the quality is exactly the same. well, the carry handle OA uses is from armalite while SA fits a cheaper chinese part. the precision of both is abs. equal. I have the book VISIER SPECIAL Nr. 37 “M-16 und AR 15” - both rifles (in all available variants) were tested intensively and there is really no difference - except the finish as mentioned. the book dates back to 2005.

jens

I actually have some insider knowledge here on Sabre. If you get a good one, it is as good as any military spec, however there are certain fabrication problems, particularly in the upper receiver, with the bolt way not necessarily being concentric or indeed cylindrical, the scope rail being out of true by a surprisingly large amount, the hole in the lower receiver through which the trigger protrudes being cut incorrectly (lots of them were hand filed to fit).

Take a Sabre and an Oberland and run the bolt back and forward a few times. The difference is remarkable! One obnoxious thing that Oberland have done, however, aside from not providing light barrels, is using their own bespoke thread on the muzzle so that you have to use their own brand compensator which does not direct gas upwards. I sincerely hope that the barrel extension thread is the same as the American AR 15s when it comes to change my barrel!

You would be amazed at the number of receivers and barrels that end up being junked at the Sabre factory!

Ouch!:shock:

a 357 can do the same job now how’s that for “ouch”:mrgreen:

hehe, even some well placed .22 will do this job. :mrgreen: I think it is more important where you hit your oppenent than the caliber, sort of bullet and the Vo. anyway, a .357 is also a very good self defencive cartridge.

jens

Probably not good for the drywall if you miss. :shock: And there is an overpenetration problem with such high velocity ammo, personally, I’d go with a nice, slow moving .45ACP…

Nice to see so many armed people here :mrgreen:

I would have to agree with that. My dad used to quote gun experts from the 1960’s (when I was a kid) that were of the same opinion and for the same reasons. The .45 was considered ideal for home defense. Bullet of low velocity but large mass gave stopping power but not overpenetration.

IIRC, wasn’t the .357 designed for law enforcement with car penetration in mind.

very true, the “old, fat, slow lady” .45 is a brilliant home defence caliber for the reasons you posted.

the 9x19mm “luger” or “para” has also the tendency to overpentrate, which showed off in many police shooting incidents here.

the .357 derived from the .38 special, which was considered to be too weak to stop an attacker immediately and for sure.

jens

That’s my understanding, but that it was to go through the thick car bodies of the time rather then engine blocks as is often said.

http://www.dillonprecision.com/docs/Mar_08_Classic_handguns1.pdf

well another good defence caliber in my mind is the .41 caliber which i feel dosent get the credit it deserves as a good cartridge

Up until health issues stopped me, I used to hunt frequently. Mainly white tail deer and occassionly turkey/dove/quail.

Hunting:
Belgian Browning auto rifle, 30.06, beautiful longe range piece
Browning BPS 10 Gauge pump shotgun, deer killer 2 3/4oz slugs accurate to 60 yds., favorite deer and turkey gun
Ruger Single Six 22 cal pistol, shotshell for rodents, club had ongoing battle to keep camp rat free

Home:
Charter Arms 44 special revolver, 2" barrel, my go-to, 15’ or less game over
Llama 45 auto, cheap but good shooter
Tanarmi 9mm auto, 18 shot capacity, stainless inside, wife is a dead shot with this
No name 22 revolver, wife’s pea shooter

Fun:
Ruger mini-30 carbine, added folding stock/flash hider, shoots 7.62x39 Russian, even sounds like AK, evil looking
Ivers Johnson M-1 carbine, ammo is cheap and fun to shoot
Uzi carbine version 9mm, semi auto, bought for $300 from a truck driver in the 90’s, he needed cash, simplest gun ever to breakdown
Winchester Model 94 30/30 lever action rifle, my Dad’s rifle, dependable

Saved the best for last:
Walther PPK 32 auto(7.65mm), bought from friend in 1975 for $400, Came with original shoulder holster, his dad retrieved from dead LW officer in Italy 1944, original US Army paperwork states same, beautiful piece, no rust/pitting, blueing slightly worn at action from use

As I stated health issues stopped hunting but I even though wife thinks some could be sold I will never sell any. When I am gone she can sell em.:slight_smile:

Edited for clarity, Thanks Flammpanzer

wife is dead shot with

hm, for anyone who is not a native speaker (like I am), this sounds a bit scaring … :mrgreen:

jens