Do you shoot? Your guns ...

The .357 mag. cartridge, although it is a descendant of the .38 spl. it is loaded far hotter, and has velocity equal to the 9mm para. using a much heavier slug. The .357 case is made 1/10 and inch longer, than the spl. not for the extra powder required, but as a measure of safety to prevent their being used in a weapon chambered for the spl. The most effective slug for social working is the 158 gr. semi-wadcutter, it provides the most damage in the wound canal.

Alright, I know some folks have been wondering about my little pet, the Lahti Anti-Tank rifle. i have a few pics of it and me, so here they are, Pardon the jumble in the background, I’m just finishing up a move.
The rifle is a bit more than 8 ft in length,weighs in at 125 lbs loaded with a 10 rd mag. This is one of about 400 pieces still capable of firing. (yes it makes a great throaty boom) . And being a later version, fires the 20x138 cartridge.The German ammo seems to work better than the Finn 1941 stuff, and comes in greater variety. it is supposed to perf 2" of period armor, but I dont know at what range. I do know that at 300mtr, it will hole a 3" plate of mild steel and continue on its way.(tracers are wonderful things.) P.K. Lets go rabbit hunting :slight_smile:

Awesome pics tankgeezer :slight_smile:

Talk about bad to the bone.

Thank you George, it is a delight to fire, but gives a mighty shove against your shoulder. The flash hider is canted to keep the side mounted sights as clear as possible, they are much like the 98 mauser sights only larger. A friend also had one of these, and the 3" plate was his target, it was propped against a granite rock the size of a comp. monitor, and behind that, was a gravel berm 10 ft high. the range was on the edge of Lake Michigan, and when he fired, the round went through the plate, broke the rock, through the berm, and arced out over the lake.
If I was the commander of a Russ BT7, during the winter war, I would not want to look through the binoculars and see that muzzle looking back…

:shock:

Definitely wouldn’t want to see that muzzle looking back…

http://www.ww2incolor.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=1890&stc=1&d=1206472125

Just throwin this out here but any one know where to possibly find a mp40 or even a remake of this gun

if you mean a non shooting replica, the is, or was a company that sold replicas of most famous or infamous weapons. As far as shooters go, i think you would be limited to the available Class III offerings found in shotgun news, and other such advertising periodicals. google should lead the way for you.

Man, you are a fortunate shooter, I could use that for overtrow goverments that I dont like… just like the current one.

Beautiful pics Tankgeezer.:smiley:

Thanks for the insight geez and plus nice kick ass gun

Its handy for dealing with door to door sales people, and for the moment of “Oh, your here to date my daughter???”

www.replicaweaponry.com they offer an MP-40 for $389.00

Do you think that might be just a little too much gun for a bunny? :smiley:

the trick to Bunny hunting is that they are very fast. So, the best way to get them is to aim ahead a bit, and shoot the ground out from under them. They fall in the crater, and you have a bagged bunny. :slight_smile: Also, you can do it from a mile away,:twisted:

Or a panzer trying to break in to your house.

Our bunnies would be quite surprised by this.

Mostly they just create craters in the landscape, and nowhere as long as a mile away.

There may be a certain justice in using big gun thingys against them. :smiley:

Although you could probably save a bit of ammo by just firing that bloody great thing into the ground in the general direction of their burrows, which should kill countless bunnies by concussion. Or earthquake. :smiley:

Which, just seriously for a moment, was what happened in Vietnam when Australian tanks learnt to fire AP into entrenched VC positions and blew them out where other ammo wouldn’t.

Pesky Panzers, they are always trying to come through the door, As bad as Amway salesmen…:slight_smile:

and for the moment of “Oh, your here to date my daughter???”

I have no daughter but a 15 years old little sister…it could be useful in that aspect against unwanted boyfriends. :cool:

Just give me a call, i can probably wing em’ from here:shock:

geezer, you got me wrong :wink: I related tro the .38 spec as a cartridge that was judged to be too weak in terms of stopping power. the .357 mag. is a brilliant and very potent cartridge!

and regarding the desire for a MP 40 that is a able to shoot:

http://www.ssd-weapon.com/produkte/bd38/bd38.htm

this small german company also builds a FG 42, the german sten-copy from WW2 and the StgW 44. not cheap, but well built and realistic. german gun-magazines quoted those rifles as good with only small flaws (www.visier.de f. e.).

jens

Quote: “geezer, you got me wrong I related tro the .38 spec as a cartridge that was judged to be too weak in terms of stopping power. the .357 mag. is a brilliant and very potent cartridge!”
You are correct Sir! I realized my error only after I had posted my reply. So sorry good sir.