Falklands Conflict

Off topic

Well done Irish.

You’ve been able to quote from some drivel

and post a list.

I bow before you superior knowledge.

True or False.

The Spanish only ever colonised ONE of the TWO Islands in the Falklands?

Also you knob only ONE Gurkha died on the Falklands. Two chefs from the Army Catering Corps died. Sort puts it in perspective don’t it.

The Gurkhas arrived to late.

Hello again Irish Duck,

Could you let me know from which book you quoted in your last post in which you mentioned Vince Bramley please ?
If you could tell me on which page(s) this is, or even which chapter, I’ll try to look it up.

Also could you please say where you have the quotes from the Argentinian soldiers ?

Many thanks,
Cuts.

Spanish stablished in Soledad (East Falkland)

but brits stablished (West Falklands) in the northwest of a few islands, very very smalls and only for 8 years…

Err, as 1000yd says, only 1 died - I could make a list of 10,000 Argentinians who “died” if I wanted to.

VERIFYABLE SOURCE NOW!

All those Gurkhas and not one called Gurung?

Google a random one of those names:

http://www.google.nl/search?hl=nl&q="NAKTONG+ULSAN"+&meta=

for instance.

And what do you get? One unsupported list posted on 2 different fora.

Surprisingly, the list does actually contain the name of the one Gurkha casuality - BUDHAPARSAD LIMBU.

Here is his obituary:

http://www.sama82.org.uk/garden/2/5/4/home.htm

And the salient point is:

He was the only fatality suffered by the Regiment during the war, and his South Atlantic Medal was issued to his father: 21146803 WO1 Deoman Limbu, ex 1/7 Gurkha Rifles. His grave number is C61A

This is verifyable, unlike your list which was just posted by 2 mongs on different fora, and also claims the death of 43-odd Chinese. And if you do the same trick with a random name from them, oh, look, you get the same result! Shocking!

Well, I got bored & went through both lists from that forum (i.e. from http://www.conocimientosweb.net/portal/sutra8327.html#8327), and here’s the result.

First, the Chinese:

BAN ME CHAN - no record
CHAN CHI SING - died on Atlantic Conveyor
CHIENG PENH SI - no record
CHENG LIEU - no record
CHENSI CHON - no record
CHI MINH SI - common name, no record wrt falklands or malvinas
CHI SAYABOURY - no record
CHIENG BEN NANG - no record
GIANG LAO KHAN - no record
HO MEKONG ZU - no record
HOA LAO CAI - common name, no record wrt falklands or malvinas
KYE BEN KWO - died on HMS Coventry
KYE CHON - no record wrt falklands or malvinas
LAI CHI KEUNG - died on HMS Sheffield
LAI UBON NING - no record
LASHIO LEE KUMON - no record
LEUNG CHAU - died on RFA Sir Galahad
LIEU MEKONG - no record
MAIUDON THANI - no record
NAKHON SI - no record wrt falklands or malvinas
NAM HOA - no record
NG PO - no record
QUANG BEN KOI - no record
QUI NHON LEE - no record
SONGKHIA LAI - no record
SUNG YUK FAI - died on RFA Sit Galahad
SWI NANG NGAI - no record
THAI CHIENG - no record
VINH SAYARINAKHEI - no record
YAN LAMPANG - no record
YANG NING - no record wrt falklands or malvinas
YE CHAO SING - no record
YEUNG SWI KAMI - died on RFA Sir Tristan
YUK CHEE SAWAN - no record
YUSIK CHEE - no record

I was then doing the same for the supposed Nepalese, when I spotted something extremely fishy, and by fishy, I mean fishier than Baldrick’s custard. The name KOLHAPUR BHOPAL caught my eye, since I know that Kolhapur is a town in India which has a rifle competition named after it, and Bhopal is where the Union Carbide disaster took place. So I dug deeper, and discovered the following:

GURKHAS RIFLES:

BAHARU LUMPUR - no record, and Baharu & Lumpur are Malasian town name suffixes
BANDJERMASIN BALU - no record, and these are Indonesian place names
BANGUED LAMPUNG - no record, and these are more place names
BILASPUR HABADLIMBU - bilaspur is a place, habadlinbu is made up
BUDHAPARSAD LIMBU - died 24 Jun 1982 filling in trench
BURU HARINFJI - Buru is an island, harifanji is made up
BUTUAN LIMHA - Butuan is a city in the Philippines, Limha is the Louisiana Infant Mental Health Association
DIGUL ARU APO - digul is a prison in Indonesia, Aru is in Uraguay, and Apo is the Asian Productivity Organization
HAPATNAM VISHAK - Vishak-hapatnam is a district in India
IMPHAL CUTTACK - c’mon, this is a made up name - Imphal and Cuttack are towns in India!
KOLHAPUR BHOPAL - Kolhapur and Bhopal are towns in India!
KUDAT JOHOR - More Indian towns
KUPANG MASINHA - Kupang is a town in Indonesia, masinha seems to
be some Brazilian thing
LABUHANBILIK IPOH - La…k is a town in Indonesia,Ipoh is in Malasia
LEYTE PALAWAIN - Leyte: philippines, big battle in 1944, palawain is a mis-spelling of Palawan, which is in the Philippines
MAMUJU BALIKPARSAN - mamuju seems to be a place in Indonesia, b…n does not exist
MOGOI DENPARSAD - mongoi is from a Mongolian folk song, d…d does not exist
NAKTONG ULSAN - Naktong: river in Korea, Ulsan: town in Korea
NAM PEGUKOK - Nam could be anything, p…k doesn’t exist
NAMPO HAEJU - both ports in North Korea
PADAN BUH BELING - P.n and b.g are names, buh could be lots of things
PANAY BOROBU - Panay: island in the philippines, borobu seems linked to Bali
PRAPAT PAKAMBARU - prapat: town in Indonesia, p…u is a place in Indonesia
SAIDPUR PATAN JAMMU - Saidpur: town in Bangladesh, Patan is a town in Nepal, Jammu is part of the region disputed between Pakistan & India
SARAWAK KAYAN - S…k is a place in Malasia, and Kayan is a tribe from the same area
SIMTANG KINABALU - S…g is a town in Nepal, K…u is the highest mountain in SE Asia
TERENGGANU DUMAR - t…u is one of the 3 east coast states on peninsular Malasia, Dumar is lots of things
THIRABO RANGPUR - t…o seems to be made up, rangpur is a town in Bangladesh
UDAIPUR SIKKIM - U…r: Indian town, s…m: Indian state
WAINGAPU PAEKTU - w…u: city in Bali, P…u: mountains in Korea
YAMBI PADANG - Dui Yambi is a place in India, Padang is the capital of West Sumatra

Busted.

There are pretty complete lists of the names of casualties and obituries all over the Internet, for instance here: http://britains-smallwars.com/Falklands/roh.html, and here: http://www.sama82.org/ And a list of made-up names that some random bloke made up on the Internet just won’t cut it against these - anyone can make names up - “Madrid Aires”, there, see! He died in the Falklands too! :roll:

WOW that is a shit load of dead Gurkhas - With that number of deaths in a single brigade, Makes you wonder how good they are as soldiers!!!

They must be crap soldiers - ONLY A “BACKWARD JIZZLICKING ARMY” would be afraid of body of men so prone to death!

Mt. Apo is a vulcano in the Philippines (on the island of Mindenao)

Balik in Tagalog means to return

Jan

in Dullard style

Gukas 0wned you

Thx - I didn’t have much time to do each one, so if it wasn’t immediately apparant I moved on.

Erwin assures me that Irish Duck will have a suitable explanation for a source which only appears unsupported in another forum and contains made-up names.

I severely doubt this.

Sorry girls, but the names that i posted are true.

I extracted them of a book, “La Batalla de Malvinas”, 1983.

one gurkha? hahahaha lot of them.

Not only 255 brits died in Malvinas, at least 1.000
you know the true but you brits people didn´t want to tell.

And what´s up with the HMS Invincible? anybody know?

Let´s me refresh your memory with this…

http://members.libreopinion.com/elmalvinense/english/in82.html

And what´s up with HMS Coventry? sunken in only 20 minutes, only 19 men died??? hahahaha you are so funny.

Of course, because Argentina was the victorious parliamentary democracy who wouldn’t tell a lie about casualties from their war of aggression, and Britain was the evil dictatorship who, completely defeated, had every reason to lie about casualties and silence many many hundreds of families whose loved ones did not return.

Oh no wait…

Hi again IrishDuck,

I have a few more questions for you if you get time to answer them.

I’m sure you believe that the names which you posted are corect, but only because you have read them in the book you mention.
3. Do you think that there may be some politicalagenda behind it ?
4. Could you give me the ISBN of the book, along with it’s publishers and authors please ?

1. If, as you claim, there were over one thousand fatalities on the British side during the conflict, how did the various British governments since then silence the families and friends of the deceased ?
  2. How did they stop any journalists from ferreting out any info of these alleged deaths ?
    There are enough muck-raking journos both within and without the UK to have found something had it been the case.

HMS Invincible showed no signs of being hit by a missile or bomb, and the world’s cameras were on her from the moment she left the area.
7. Why do you think that is ?
a) Because the Royal Navy personel are extremely efficient in repairing missile damage ?
b) Because The British government had an extra HMS Invincible on standby just in case the first one was sunk ?
c) Because it wasn’t hit or sunk ?

1. Or do you think that none of the crew of the Invincible, (or any other ship in the fleet,) would have spoken about it to their families or friends ?

On the site you mentioned they have quoted what they claim are several different sources:

Now most of the site readership, regardles of their first language, will be able to see that these ‘quotes’ are couched in very bad English indeed.
While I have a problem with Max Hastings on a personal level, he is a very good military historian and he would not dream of going to print with prose such as this !

I do respect your patriotism but you are taken in far too easily by pro-junta propaganda.

Reference HMS Coventry, in the British Armed Forces we use what we call drills.
These are a series of actions that are carried out in a particular situation.
Drills are worked out for all and any eventuality, they are changed or adapted whenever a weakness is seen or if a better method of carrying them out is suggested.
Drills are practiced, practiced and practiced again until they become second nature, and should a situation crop up then those involved perform the drills automatically.
The Royal Navy is manned exclusively by professional sailors who take great pride in doing their jobs well, even if part of the job means leaving the ship which has become their home.
This should give you some insight into how so many lives were saved.

The other questions were in my previous post:

(Numeration added)

Regards,
Cuts

Hi again IrishDuck,

I have a few more questions for you if you get time to answer them.

I’m sure you believe that the names which you posted are corect, but only because you have read them in the book you mention.
3. Do you think that there may be some politicalagenda behind it ?
4. Could you give me the ISBN of the book, along with it’s publishers and authors please ?

1. If, as you claim, there were over one thousand fatalities on the British side during the conflict, how did the various British governments since then silence the families and friends of the deceased ?
  2. How did they stop any journalists from ferreting out any info of these alleged deaths ?
    There are enough muck-raking journos both within and without the UK to have found something had it been the case.

HMS Invincible showed no signs of being hit by a missile or bomb, and the world’s cameras were on her from the moment she left the area.
7. Why do you think that is ?
a) Because the Royal Navy personel are extremely efficient in repairing missile damage ?
b) Because The British government had an extra HMS Invincible on standby just in case the first one was sunk ?
c) Because it wasn’t hit or sunk ?

1. Or do you think that none of the crew of the Invincible, (or any other ship in the fleet,) would have spoken about it to their families or friends ?

On the site you mentioned they have quoted what they claim are several different sources:

Now most of the site readership, regardles of their first language, will be able to see that these ‘quotes’ are couched in very bad English indeed.
While I have a problem with Max Hastings on a personal level, he is a very good military historian and he would not dream of going to print with prose such as this !

I do respect your patriotism but you are taken in far too easily by pro-junta propaganda.

Reference HMS Coventry, in the British Armed Forces we use what we call drills.
Drills are worked out for all and any eventuality, they are changed or adapted whenever a weakness is seen or if a better method of carrying them out is suggested.
Drills are practiced, practiced and practiced again until they become second nature, and should a situation crop up then those involved perform the drills automatically.
The Royal Navy is manned exclusively by professional sailors who take great pride in doing their jobs well, even if part of the job means leaving the ship which has become their home.
This should give you some insight into how so many lives were saved.

The other questions were in my previous post:

(Numeration added)

Regards,
Cuts[/quote]

1-
Excursion to hell.

2-
i don´t remember. Th finals chapters may be.

Gurkhas…
“La Batalla por las Malvinas”, Diego Kanaf, 1983.

5- come on, you are brit you know…

fatalities in Malvinas is top secret until 2072. So nobody can say nothing, you know this too.

“HMS Invincible showed no signs of being hit by a missile or bomb, and the world’s cameras were on her from the moment she left the area.”

No signs, because it´s a new one. ahaha

And no camera were in the moment, not when she arrived.
because it´s another ship, a twin.
The Illustrious arrived to Malvinas in August, that´s the twin.

8- top secret, nobody can say nothing…
remember aircraft carrier hms dasher? 50 after, brits say that it was sunk…

Sorry if you don´t understand, sometimes to find the true you have to read this kind of things.

“Reference HMS Coventry, in the British Armed Forces we use what we call drills.
This should give you some insight into how so many lives were saved.”

mmm i don´t think so, sorry.
I studied about hms coventry and at least 100 died…

Veritas Vincit

Regards,
Patrick

I am not even going to bother replying to half of this crap.

HMS Invincible was never engaged. The mission you talk about did happen, they got the wrong ship - Atlantic Conveyer!!! They set out for Invincible, but launched against Atlantic Conveyer, who looks a bit like a carrier on radar I beleive.

The pilots never actually saw her as they launched at maximum range of the Exocet. Mainly because their aircraft were at maximum range themselves.

The hype about Invincible comes from the fact that the Junta wanted Invinceable so badly. The attack took place on the Argies national day.

You could imagine the headlines “Invincable sunk on national day, we are invincable!!!” but no you were not.

HMS Coventry only lost 19 men. These were all from the 30 in the Operation room on board, which rapidly filled with smoke. Do not confuse the British forces with some amatuer mob. We drill all the time.

The Royal Navy puts particular training packages for EVERY ship who sets sail and the men on board MUST pass. These include how to deal with fire, flooding and varioius other things.

You may have studied but 100 didn’t die. Maybe 100 were in the water, or 100 were injured in someway but 19 died.

Only ONE Gurkha died. And you and your mongy mates are not even worthy enough to know his name. I have followed your so called links and sorry a link to another cretin, that may even be you again, is not proof.

I feel that you both of you are under the Juntas spell even now. The Argies put it about that the Gurkhas would kill them and eat them (yeah right, we served that dish up in the cookhouse all the time!!!) or that they would torture them. The nazis did the same in WW2.

Face facts boys. Your team lost, deal with it. In one book there was a picture of a Argie pilot with a picture of a type 42 sunk and a date. It was rubbish, not only did no ship get sunk that day, there wasn’t even an attack. The Argies have repeatedly spun out lies or deceptions and dragged the British through the mud.

In truth only at Goose Green has anything been found untoward, and it happened during one of the most bloody fighting seen in some time.

Thanks for replying with something that was half right Irish Duck. You are correct the Spanish only ever settled on one of the two Islands. Hence the Argy claim can only be over one of the Islands.

You are talking rubbish about how long the British stayed on the Island, as we are still there aren’t we!!! It was also used as a re-coalling point for ships going on to the Pacific.

So tell me why the Argies invaded the whole of the Falklands, South Georgia and a few other islands?

Also, remember, the British colonised the Spanish side after they had left. It is ours boys. The sooner you get that through your thick skulls the better.

On the subject of war crimes. You do know that laying mine fields without accurately recording them is naughty don’t you? Yet the Argies didn’t maintain a single record!!!

Are they naughty or just plain incompetent?

As for 1000 deaths, we couldn’t have continued the war with that kind of loss. It just wouldn’t happen.

Our task force was 28,000 strong with 100 ships. Only 10,000 men were put ashore, some of the remaining 18,000 were strung out all the way down the Atlantic.

We would have to have thrown in the towel, with all your propaganda in your heads you really don’t know a thing do you? How close it came to the British haveing to admit defeat?

Do you know, for example, that the 105mm Light Guns of 29 Artillery Regiment had only 3 shells each when the white flag went up at Port Stanley? The nearest shells were at Ascension!!!

We had an 8,000 mile long logistics chain. You couldn’t get supplies from the vast caches you had made in Port Stanley to the conscripts. They starved whilst the Regulars kept all the food.

I could go on. But rather than saying any more I would look closely at your official history from the Junta and wonder why they would need to say such rubbish.

HMS Illustrious is the twin, or sister ship as we say, of Invincible. They are both the same class. Yet it appears that you claim, if I read you right, that Illustrious set sail, changed her name, and sailed back in.

Meanwhile in the South Atlantic, if you are to believed, a critically injured ship that had been in some of the roughest seas in the world for months was left down there for another 6 months!!!

Sit down and think REAL hard prior to posting any more inane drivel.

To my comrades on this site, I apologise I cut and run at 2000hrs (my time last night) the Mrs said I couldn’t play anymore, and I had to watch a film with her. (I got to pick though, “Where Eagles Dare”, quality film).

I await Erwin and Irish Ducks replys with, well, curiosity mainly!!!

Take it Erwin on that commando course you jacked you only stayed for the propaganda video, and then quit when you had to walk outside?

Patrick - you do know you’re spouting shite, don’t you? The British government could not cover up that many losses without some of the losses becoming public, especially the loss of a major ship like the Illustrious (which was put into permanent reserve last week, and guess what? No mention of it being sunk in the Falklands on the TV programme showing the ceremony).

The list of apparently dead Gurkhas you put up is bollocks, The lists of RN ships and FAA/RAF/Army aircraft apparently sunk or shot down that have previously been posted by Erwin are shite - I’ve been on some of the ships that Erwin alleges were severely damaged and guess what? They weren’t. In fact the Argentinian surrender was signed on one of the ships that he alleges was severely damaged.

Unless, of course, everything I’ve written is wrong and evil British propagande. In which case, how did a force that lost pretty much all their ships, had all their air cover shot down and lost over 1,000 soldiers from one brigade manage to kick your sorry excuse for an army off the Falklands?