Football

He originally joined Manchester United, then got sold to Chelsea, then he got loaned to Inter Milan in Italy. Not sure where he plays now.

Verón is playing to the Inter, and he is doing a great job.

He is a player to be in the national team… our coach is a stupid who thinks he could win the world cup with the young national team which won the Under-20 world cups 1995 and 1997. The most of them haven’t got enough experience to wear the Argentine shirt.

Just skipping back to the Maradona issue, I heard a report about his chat show on Argentine TV, according to Tim Vickery on BBC radio5/ up all night, he’s looking better than he has for years though he did go a bit Oprah in his interview with Pele over his sons drug bust. I find it funny that more people remember Maradona punching in that goal than the Falklands war.

I’ll enjoy watching him score against you on boxing day, and on the 18th of March.

NUFC.

I’ll enjoy watching him score against you on boxing day, and on the 18th of March.

NUFC.[/quote]

You wish mate, he’ll regret joining you for the rest of his career I’m afraid (or until the summer when we activate one of the many get out clauses in his contract and buy him for about £11 million)

Diego is much better. His weight was 125kg and now only 85kg.
Not only his body is better, he can estblish serious conversations with respect and knowledges. I’m glad for him.

And a month later…

Me also,and if i hear another joke about him,i will kick his arse.
in good manners :smiley:

I am opening this post in order to inform you that the CA Boca Juniors, from Argentina, won the south american Re-cup, between the winner of the “American Liberators Cup” (the most important football tournament from the continent, similar than the Champions League in Europe), and the winner of the “South American Cup” (the second most important football tournament, similar than the UEFA cup).

The winner of the American Liberators Cup (Copa Libertadores de América) was the colombian team of Once Caldas, which won the cup winning by penalties definition to my loved team, Boca Juniors.

But “Boca” won the South American Cup without problems, winning the final to the Bolivar CF, from Bolivia.

The past week Boca won 3-1 in Buenos Aires to the Once Caldas in the “Bombonera” stadium. Yesterday, in Colombia, Once Caldas won 2-1, in global result, Boca Juniors won 4-3, and won it 15º international title, only one behind the leaders of more international titles won, Real Madrid (Spain), AC Milan (Italy) and CA Independiente (Argentina).

Martín Palermo, number 9 of Boca Juniors.

The team when the match finished.

The team with the best results in most international tournament from over the world from the III Millenium.

*Champion Libertadores de América 2000 (Boca vs Palmeiras –BRA-)
*Champion Libertadores de América 2001 (Boca vs Cruz Azul -MEX-)
*Champion Libertadores de América 2003 (Boca vs Santos -BRA-)
*Sub-Champion Libertadores de América 2004 (Boca vs Once Caldas -COL-)

*Champion Intercontinental 2000 (Boca vs Real Madrid -SPA-)
*Sub-Champion Intercontinental 2001 (Boca vs Bayern Munich -GER-)
*Champion Intercontinental 2003 (Boca vs AC Milan -ITA-)

*Champion Sudamericana 2004 (Boca vs Bolivar -BOL-)

*Sub-Champion Recopa 2004 (Boca vs Cienciano -PER-)
*Champion Recopa 2005 (Boca vs Once Caldas -COL-)

Scotland 2

Norway 1

We wont qualify, but what an improvement under Walter Smith and Super Ally et al

Well done…

England beaten 1-0 by Northern Ireland in one of the most embarassing games I’ve ever seen them play

Watched the England game, normally Im a bit Partisan towards the other home countries, but, all partisan aside.

What the heck is up with England. You have trully world class players that would get into any team. Gerrard, Roonay, Beckham, I could go on…

Im not one of those Jocks that revell in English misery, I genuinely want them to show what British Football can be.

But on tonights showing, England can only be classed as - can be?

After the Wales game I thought they would come out firing on all cylinders…

However, I still think and hope they will qualify for the World cup.

Last point, get yourselves an English Manager, its worked wonders fo us and I dont think its in our nature to adopt a diffrent game style.

Sven hasn’t got the bottle to drop one of Beckham, Stevie G or Lampard

You can’t play 4-5-1 with no defensive midfielder

Stevie G is one of the best players in the world, easily the best England have, why aren’t we building a team around him?

Owen looked short of match practice

Rooney is a spoilt, petulant little thug who really needs someone to give him a good kicking

personally, why did England renue Svens contract BEFORE Euro 2004?

doesnt anyone else something wrong with this, dont you renue the contract after a major competition if they went GOOD in it

personally i hate Sven, Beckham should be a reserve not a starting 11

players like Shaun Wright-Phillips SHOULD be on the starting 11

also, someone plz tell me why Neville is on the team???

am i the only person here that see’s something wrong by having Neville on the team?

Ukraine lost 1-0 to Turkey

Greece won 2-1 to Kazahkstan

Denmark thrashed Georgia 6-1

currently in the group Ukraine is 1st (already qualified)
Turkey is 2nd and in front of Greece by 1 point but Greece has a game in hand

I really don’t do football, but I watched a bit of the World Cup. What I have to say about the England team is that it was not a team at all, but 11 individual egos running around the pitch.

Now, as for exciting games, on Saturday I watched Spain go from 2:1 down against Holland to 4:2 up in the last 3 minutes of the game. This was European Championships hockey though, and the irony is that the Spanish coach is Dutch!

I also watched the Holland vs S. Korea baseball game, which was also really good - it looked like Korea might win it, and then their star pitcher tired. After that, they were going through pitchers at quite a rate & in one innings the Dutch scored 4 runs. That pretty much sealed it!

West Australian West Coast Eagles have flogged the Crows (adelaide) and are now going to the Grang Final next week, 120 of me , my bros and me mates celebrated in the pub for 12 hours straight and was kicked out. :lol: :stuck_out_tongue:

Next week Sydney is going down and West Australia wins the Grand Final for first time in eleven years !!!

Today is the biggest day in the English football calender. Roughly two hours from now, the mighty Redmen of Liverpool take on our slightly inbred, inferior rivals Manchester United. The first game we will play against them since our historic fifth European Cup win in May, so expect plenty of windups from the Kop directed at the travelling Man U fans. Reports of a banner over the M62 (motorway from Manchester to Liverpool) saying:

LIVERPOOL FC

FIVE TIMES

EUROPEAN CHAMPIONS

to greet the arriving Manc fans and players.

Not been this confident about a game against them for ages, Stevie G, Momo Sissoko and Xabi Alonso to tear their midfield apart, Djibril Cisse and Stevie Crouch to destroy their defence, Jamie Carragher to snap Wayne Fatboy Rooney in half in the first 35 seconds.

COME ON YOU RED MEN!!!

Liverpool better win, i tipped them to win 1-0

0-0 draw, crap game really. Two good teams cancelled each other out.

better then Liverpool losing though, isnt it?

atleast now Chelsea will have even more points to go ahead of Man U now!!! :lol:

Chelsea for Premiership, Man U for UEFA Cup :lol: :lol: :lol:

Bah soccer…

Well Aussie Rules Footy , West Coast Eagles VS Sydney Swans tommorow (saturday), the Grand Final, it should be on Fox Sports for all you foreigners.