Football

my fav football team is new england patriot

LOL, why do you who live in N America persist in calling a game in which the ball is thrown, football. And then calling a game in which the ball is played by the feet, soccer!

I always chuckle at that :stuck_out_tongue:

and Australia is also stupid and calls football, soccer

i total agree, a sport where you use your hands like Rugby to be called football??? which moron thought up of this?

i call football football though

Are you referring to Rugby Football, as opposed to Association Football?

Ah but in Rugby, you can use all the feet you want. In fact if you have the skill and bandie legs, you may be an asset.

Did you see Dan Carter during the Lions tour? (sadly injured for most of the Tri Nations) That was a masterclass - even Johnny Wilkinson agreed. I’d never seen someone chipping and running quite so successfully before. It’s recommended watching for all you people who’ve had to make do with the boring, boring rugby that won the world cup. I predict the World Cup will return to the southern hemisphere at the next opportunity. There’s a place set aside for it in the land of the long white cloud.

I used to play at Regional level, the trouble with it, is that it just doesnt get a big audience, and at the end of the day really doesnt compare to Footie. I used to play for the region and we maybe would get 50-100 people watching. My brother played footie for the biggest local team and they regularly had 200. Multiply this by the whole country and you see what I mean. We won and were sucessfull, they were shite. Much as I love Rugby, I do tend to follow football more. I often go to watch the dire games here and drag my boy along, he hates it, but mention Man U or Rangers and hes gagging!

The pies, the Bovril, the freezing cold, standing on the concrete terrace, oh for the good old days…

Ah the modern world… its all Rooney and Champions league and scoring goals, I almost feel a Micheal Palin coming on here… Now that was a show.

i cant believe Man U lost to Blackburn :lol: :lol:

but Everton lost to Wigan :frowning: :frowning: :frowning:

LOL, why do you who live in N America persist in calling a game in which the ball is thrown, football. And then calling a game in which the ball is played by the feet, soccer!

I always chuckle at that :stuck_out_tongue: …[/quote]
fantastic question, i have no idea too

Pao beat Bremen 2-1 :lol:

The national teams that will play the World Cup are known…

They are 30:

*Angola (AFR)
*Ivori’s Coast (AFR)
*Togo (AFR)
*Ghana (AFR)
*Tunicia (AFR)
*Argentina (SA)
*Brazil (SA)
*Equator (SA)
*Paraguay (SA)
*Japan (ASI)
*Iran (ASI)
*South Korea (ASI)
*Saudi Arabia (ASI)
*Germany (EUR)
*Ukraine (EUR)
*Netherlands (EUR)
*Poland (EUR)
*England (EUR)
*Croatia (EUR)
*Italy (EUR)
*Portugal (EUR)
*Sweeden (EUR)
*Serbia-Montenegro (EUR)
*United States (NCA)
*Mexico (NCA)
*Costa Rica (NCA)

The other 2 places will be disputed between:

*The 5º position of South America and The 1º position of Oceania (Uruguay vs Australia)
*The 5º position of Asia and the 4º position of North/Central America (Bahrein vs Trinidad and Tobago)

The 7 candidates…

Argentina

Brazil

France

Germany

England

Netherlands

Italy

Who is the winner??? We’ll see the next year!

Eagle you missed out that 3 more countries of Europe will play the World cup… They have to play the “repesca” (dont know how to say it in english) matchs… The 2nd placed teams of Europe play this 2 chance to get to the world cup…

Spain vs Slovakia

Switzerland vs Turkey

Norway vs Czech Republic

Double match plays… First match November 12

You have posted 26 teams classified and the other 2 matches Uruguay australia and the other match will make 28. Plus this 3 European countries will make 31 which one are we missing??

Salutes!

I think this world cup will take Brasil.

Argentina is having more points in the eliminatories (or how they’re called in english),We are on the top of the counters.

Argentina is having more points in the eliminatories (or how they’re called in english),We are on the top of the counters.[/quote]

Not anymore, after Argentina lost 1-0 to Uruguay last night and Brazil beat Venezuela 3-0 (shown live in the UK and Brazil looked sublime at times), Brazil finished top of the group, Argentina second.

Can’t see anyone other than Brazil winning the World Cup to be honest.

Well it is obvious that the team which classiffied first and almost finished first in the clasiffication should be favorite for the world cup… But Im honest Brazil even playing normal has possibilities to win the cup… Other countries such as Argentina will have to play 100% if they want to win the cup…
And by the way the classification in south america its relative because yesterday match Argentina vs Uruguay im almost certain that Argentina let herself lose for Uruguay earning the possibility to go to the world cup…

argentina did because the chileans protested that we wanted to let them to win us coz they will not enter the cup,and finally we did,im afraid it’s the angryness of our players.

greetings!,of course we let them won us,uruguay is not a big team.

Argentina is having more points in the eliminatories (or how they’re called in english),We are on the top of the counters.[/quote]

Not anymore, after Argentina lost 1-0 to Uruguay last night and Brazil beat Venezuela 3-0 (shown live in the UK and Brazil looked sublime at times), Brazil finished top of the group, Argentina second.

Can’t see anyone other than Brazil winning the World Cup to be honest.[/quote]
We let them won because now chile and colombia (those who voted against us during a war that i cannot mention) can’t play in the cup.

:roll: Just can’t help yourself, can you?

Are you suggesting that Argentina deliberately threw the game? If true, hopefully FIFA will investigate and throw you out for match fixing then.