Inline moderation

Yeah, i try it once
never worked for me!

FW, the same question also to you: Did you see that screen as described in my previous post after selecting your test thread, selecting “delete threads” and clicking on “Go” button?

not in here because i am not a mod in here

FW, pay attention to my posts:

My bold.

As for testing thread I suggested you to open in “Site feedback” (like you did few hours ago).

Please once again open a testing thread there,select it, select “delete threads” and click on “go”.
A screen will appear. Tell me if it looks like in my previous post.
Thanks.

i am sorry, i respond to you in 2:00am, must be because i am very sleepy.
I think this is what you asked me for:)

FF and Panzerknacker, please check if you’ll have only that soft delete or you’ll have both options.

Edited. New software means new problems. You remember that several days I tested with GS each mod function. It’s was very hard to work by PMs because at that time none of us have access to our room.
Now, FF and Panzerknacker will check if they have the same problem or not, in order to be fixed by GS.

I only have soft delete, see my deleted thread in site feedbakc.

I think that the ball is in GS’s yard.
GS, you should check also on Panzerknacker.

General Obivous saids its shouldnt be the software problem. he said it is most likely because you are a super moderator and thus have more power to do more things.

I have the “delete” option.

The moderation tools seems a bit tricky, but with practice…

By the way, Hello to all

Hello Panzerknacker!

Do you have both options on delete screen or you have only soft delete?

Only soft delete

Ill look into the problem

Sorry for the delay. The problem should be fixed and you should be able to physically remove threads. However I would like for you guys to reconfirm this in each forum (minus war room) and make sure. So please look at what dani previously posted and make sure you can do it in each forum.

Off topic but i didnt get responses from some of you about the awards. Please check the awards committee thread. Thanks

Let me know if you have any other problems.

To be mentioned that is no need to physically remove threads with exception of duplicated threads.

The reason is very simple:
a) For new threads opened by spammers you should move them in our room for banning.
b) For new threads opened with the same subject as other previous thread, you could simply merge threads (how I did with Dresden bombings - my bad, thanks FF :smiley: )

Edited: Anyway, if you feel that a certain thread needs to be removed, please “soft-delete” it. A double check by other mods is always welcomed.

thanks, the problem is now solved.

I assume that the problem was solved as well for F-F, otherwise he would post here.

Anyway mate, how it was the first one in the new format? :smiley:
http://www.ww2incolor.com/forum/showthread.php?t=3635

While I see Dani’s point … I will not be disappointed if you physically delete threads. They are useless and it helps if they cannot be linked back to the site in any way. We can argue this point but let me know how you guys feel. Also I want to remind you that it doesnt seem like im getting alot feedback from you guys. Maybe you have everything figured out. But things are new and different and I want you to ask questions about what we can and cant do. Also we need to our best to bring attention to the site. Yes we get alot of crappy members but somewhere in there lies a good member. ww2admin was nice enough to go out of his way to pay for this board and while he is doing his job trying to make it look as nice as possible we need to do our job and promote it the best we can. So each day you logon lets think about what we can do to improve things. Its a good forum but there is always room for improvement and you are the ones leading the way. Thanks

I have now the option “delete all post”

Is that for delete the entire thread ?

You had that option also before. Remember, while you are in a thread, you could moderate posts. As for your question, I’m not sure as I never tried.

While you are in the forum as well as in different sections of the forum you could moderate threads (including delete them).

So I rather suggest - considering your question - to go back in the section and to delete the thread than to remain in the thread and to choose delete all posts.