London bombings

Even more off topic, the standard UK railway gauge is the size of two horses arses wide.

Is that why it’s called a ‘double Ironman’ ?

Careful this thread doesnt need the attention of the worlds most retarded ingrate! - doutless it will do though.

Firefly, I also read that the width of the railways (when passed over to America) dictate the diameter that the booster rockets on the shuttle can be, (for transport to canavarel) and that therefore to carry enough fuel it dictates the length of the booster rockets. which in turn affects the dimensions of the fuel tank that the Shuttle rides on. The worlds most iconic image was dictated by a Horses arrse!

Much too far off topic for this thread? !!! (is anything too far off topic here)

Well heres the theory.

Romans built the british road to take chariot types.

Britons remained using these roads, and as Roman Chariots etc were two horses asses wide, the ruts were used by the Brits in subsequent years.

When it came to build the railways, they chose a standard horse and cart gauge.

Voila, two horses arses.

Im not ironman, so I may be proved wrong, but an interesting fact nonetheless.

Thursday, July 21, 2005; Posted: 8:36 a.m. EDT (12:36 GMT)
LONDON, England (CNN) – Emergency services personnel are attending three different Tube stations in central London following reports of “incidents,” police said on Thursday.
http://www.cnn.com/2005/WORLD/europe/07/21/london.tube/index.html

Worrying news update:
Thursday, July 21, 2005; Posted: 10:29 a.m. EDT (14:29 GMT)
LONDON, England (CNN) – Four “attempts at explosions” have been reported on three London Underground stations and a bus, two weeks after the July 7 terror attacks, the UK capital’s police chief has said.

Two scenarios being mentioned.
One, that they were real bombs, but only the detonators went off, in one case injuring the “bomber”.
Two, that they were low-level devices, basically just detonators, to cause fear rather than kill.
Time will tell, but most of the underground is back in business.

Two scenarios being mentioned.
One, that they were real bombs, but only the detonators went off, in one case injuring the “bomber”.
[/quote]

Someone didn’t get the recipe right it would seem.

Great an own goal !
I hope and imagine the injured gangster is ‘helping police with their enquiries.’

Was he injured by the bomb or the other tube users?

Great an own goal !
I hope and imagine the injured gangster is ‘helping police with their enquiries.’[/quote]

Its probably the brother of that one dumbass that got caught trying to set his shoe on fire. Of course it did have a small explosive in it. Sounds like AQ rejects to me.

It seems that today (Friday) some Met officers have pushed a fleeing suspect to the ground and unloaded 5 rounds into him. Must have suspected he might be carrying explosive to do that.

Probably London Underground’s latest campaign against fare dodgers. The guy did leap over the barrier and run for a train after all…

:?: So they got the guy on the ground and then fired 5 rounds?

I’m not always happy with Police drills but given the circumstances in London at the moment if you fail to stop and drop five to the head is what you can expect. From what I’ve read so far the shooter was possibly part of a Special Branch team shadowing the target who jumped on to a crowded train.
In his position I would rather live with the regret of killing an unarmed man than that of failing to prevent a suicide bomber hitting his target.

:?: So they got the guy on the ground and then fired 5 rounds?[/quote]

The Met have been taking advice from Israeli security.
Usual Brit police ROEs for shooting a fugitive are to “shoot to stop”, ie shooting for the centre of body mass, the chest.
Israelis have pointed out that, in their experience, even a guy hit several times in the chest may be able to trigger a suicide bomb, so the only option is one or more head shots.
One eye-witness to the shooting claimed the man was wearing a “bomb belt with wires coming out of it”.

Hey guys i’m back!
The bombs scared the cr*p out of me, they were less than 200 yards from my unit, we had to go back from camp the next morning, saw some of the aftermath, i pray i don’t see it again.

I know what you mean mate, if you never have to deal with the aftermath of violent acts of this sort you are truly luckier than you can ever imagine.

From my (compared with certain others on here) limited experience of the aftermath of warfare and terrorism, I can honestly say that the worst thing about it is seeing the sights of carnage and bloodshed that will always follow.

Seeing another human being in pieces is never a pleasant sight and is something that will stay with you until you die. You can never fully detach your feelings to the point where the casualty is just a piece of meat although it would be easier sometimes.

My thoughts go out to the emergency services personnel. They (as usual) did a fantastic job.

So from now on do the London police (english police) authorised the have pistols and other projectile weapons?

Certain members of the British police have carried firearms for many years CJ, usually Glock 9mm pistols and MP5 sub-machine guns, although they can carry other weapon as the situation dictates. The average policeman on the beat does not carry firearms, only a truncheon and pepper spray.